SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNC about to counter-attack (smear alert)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattv_ct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: DNC about to counter-attack (smear alert) Reply with quote

Just so everyone is ready to fight the Left's attack machine:

"“We have prepared what we call ‘Brown Books’ that contain damaging military records, personal credit histories, medical histories, psychiatric histories, divorce records, you name it,” our source told us. The “Brown Books” are so-called because of their distinctive plain brown covers, which contain no words. Some books have already been delivered to Kerry-friendly reporters. Others are on their way, our source told us. When asked if we could have a copy, our source declined, saying there is a limited number of “Brown Books” and they have been carefully inventoried to control in whose hands the books ended up."

STORY:
http://www.crushkerry.com/article227.html
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true, then I am very happy to see it happen.

As with the lawyer threats, these Brown Books are probably the WORST move they could make. As with the bombardment of this bulletin board, it reeks of fear.

As it was, the media coverage of the book was going to run something like this:

The reviewers and pundits would read it thoroughly in a desperate search for a typo or any tiny thing they could demonstrate by any method that the book contains an error, and is therefore suspect in its entirety.

Hannity and Limbaugh and Hewitt and a few others would have given it a decent shot, but that's about it.

This distribution of this kind of personal information reeks of desperation and will drive people to dig further into what this Swifts thing is all about.

And so, the Kerry Kampf lends even MORE credence to the book than it was going to get on its own merits.

And I am laughing my ___ off. Twisted Evil
mattv_ct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much what I was thinking, but I am just so bloody angry that they're going to try to slander you. The Dem's are masters at character assasination and not much else. I'll do anything I can to help out.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fits in with the Kerry politcal stance.

Everybody's military, medical & personal records are fair game.
EXCEPT MINE!

Dissent is the purest form of patriotism.
EXCEPT AGAINST ME!

We should not question the motives of those who served in Vietnam.
EXCEPT THOSE WHO OPPOSE ME!

I support our troops.
EXCEPT IF IT IS TO MY ADVANTAGE NOT TO!
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Good Grief Reply with quote

Wow, It took me over A YEAR to get my dad's military records both when he was enlisted and commissioned as an officer from everyone's "trusted housing authority" for military records in St. Louis. I had to prove 1) He was dead, 2) I was next of Kin 3) something else I can't remember off hand Confused

And here these people can get access to numerous military records plus other other private medical papers in less time than it does to mail a letter.

Here's a novel idea, instead of a Smear campaign (if it's true), why doesn't he (John Kerry) just come out and face the public instead of nitpicking George Bush's every move?

For the SwiftVets for Truth, it sounds as if it's time to gear up for another war!
Tad Belknap
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the SwiftVets for Truth, it sounds as if it's time to gear up for another war!

$$$ contribute what you can thru the link provided on the homepage....
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a sign of desperation and fear from the Kerry campaign and the left. How many books, ads and movies have been made that attack Pres Bush and question his ability to lead? Yet I don't see this type of response from the White House.The increased activity of trolls who wish to turn this site into a site about Bush rather then about Kerry is another indication of the fear the ad and the upcoming book have engendered. John F. Kerry has made his Vietnam service the center of his campaign for President people have every right to discuss the merits of that service free from harrassment by the DNC and the Kerry campaign.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily wrote:
How many books, ads and movies have been made that attack Pres Bush and question his ability to lead? Yet I don't see this type of response from the White House.

At last count, there were 85 books on the market that contain material intended to discredit President Bush.

Just a bit of trivia that stuck in my head.

That's not counting the nightly newscasts on the pro-Democratic alphabet networks and cable networks and the huge number of newspapers and magazines in this county, the overwhelming majority of which slant decidely left.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a thread a few minutes ago from True American that was quickly deleted. I was glad that I got to read it first as it was instructive of Kerry supporters and trolls that come here. After a long post packed with attacks, faslehoods and outright lies, the poster tried to qualifiy it by stating it was his opinion and not fact. This is telling about them as it shows that facts carrry little weight and invictive does. It is also telling of Kerry, as the type of people you solicit to your cause reflects directly on you. Apparently, Kerry still likes to have the VVAW types around even if they not going by that name.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

At last count, there were 85 books on the market that contain material intended to discredit President Bush.

There seems to be a new book out everyweek that's ment to discredit Pres Bush.Yet when someone creates an ad questioning John Kerry's Vietnam service lawyers are dispatched to intimidate stations into not running the ad and dem strategists are reduced to calling on Pres Bush who has no control over the ad to get it removed.I think part of the dems fear is because Kerry got no bounce coming out of the DNC convention and now you have veterans who served with Kerry raising questions about his fitness to be President along with an upcoming march by Vietnam Vets against John Kerry. I think this is what has some dems scrambling.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The louder they scream, the more we are hurting them...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
There was a thread a few minutes ago from True American that was quickly deleted. I was glad that I got to read it first as it was instructive of Kerry supporters and trolls that come here.

Yes, threads started just to smear Swifts, veterans or the current resident of the White House will disappear pretty quickly. Wink (I'm going to sneak in and change Me#1You#10's name to Quickdraw McGraw some night. Smile )

That was a case of pure conspiracy-theory-black-helicopter type of post.

Intended purely to distract from the Swifts' message and get people talking about other things not related to Kerry's history.

And - if the DU, FC and VFK crazies had their way, this board would be so full of that type of post that we couldn't do any real communicating, here.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, This reeks of desperation.The liberals in our country are desperate.There extreme views are not that popular as they let on.Many of there agendas would never get off the house and senate floor,thus the blocking of judges they need one's who legislate from the bench,and also the spin and what I call fear politics,prey on the old and uneducated.And there last dirty trick race and class warfare.Most liberals have no original thought and no grounding in reality.They can not debate facts because they have none.They always revert to personal attacks,character assassination and spin.But usually in the end the truth has away of getting out
SharpTalons
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell or highwater, someone has to get their hands on that brownbook in advance.
mattv_ct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpTalons wrote:
Hell or highwater, someone has to get their hands on that brownbook in advance.

Any idea on how to go about doing that? Any sympathetic media people that might be willing to donate their copy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: