SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander and Chief Kerry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semperfi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Commander and Chief Kerry? Reply with quote

A soldier is loyal to the man who shares his foxhole. How can a veteran allow a man who has disavowed this loyalty become the Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of Amerca?
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is scary --what he plans as CinC
you vets will have to see if you intrepret this the same way this guy does

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1187274/posts
yesterday's interview between John Kerry, John Edwards, and NPR's Steve Inskeep. re Iraq, military, etc these snips are taken out of context, need to read the whole interview

~snip
Kerry: Ah, no, not necessarily at all, because I think our diplomacy can produce a very different ingredient on the ground. And if it can't produce a different ingredient on the ground, lemme tell you something, that says something about what Iraqis want, and what the people in the region want. I believe that within a year from now, we could significantly reduce American forces in Iraq. And, ah, that's my plan.

~snip
Kerry: -- the way you do it is by getting those active duty in place over a period of time. Now, ultimately, I want to reduce the size. I want to reduce the deployments. And if we have the proper effort over the next few years, my vision with respect to North Korea, and our presence in Europe, if the European defense force emerges, as they are talking of it, we can begin really bring some of America's troops home and begin to reduce our overall military burden. But for the moment, for this moment in time, we need these extra personnel.

~snip
Inskeep: -- and you want to double the size of the Special Forces.

Kerry: Yes.

Inskeep: Given that it will take some time to build up those forces --

Kerry: Yes it will.

Inskeep: -- and given that you want to reduce the number of US troops in Iraq rather quickly, within a few months after assuming office --

Kerry: Well, those are two different situations.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust this guy as CinC?

http://paradigmassociates.org/TheTruthAboutKerry.html
slow load..give it time
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I see a draft in our future?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Do I see a draft in our future?

Only if the Dems who are calling for one get their way. The Pentagon and most Republicans are insisting that it is NOT necessary and that recruiting and retention goals are still being met or exceeded.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but if Kerry gets in, there is no way to have the build-up he talks about without a draft to get lots of men online quickly:/
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: re kerry and draft Reply with quote

we need to get the message out to all these young men of draft age that a vote for kerry is a vote for the draft, then we will see how many guys want to vote for him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: