SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steele Tells Washington Post "Eat it"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Steele Tells Washington Post "Eat it" Reply with quote

Love that Michael Steele. He is so well-spoken, direct, and has the cajones to smack down the LSM.

Quote:
Excerpt:

U.S. SENATOR BARACK OBAMA (D-IL): I don't want anybody voting for me because of what I look like. I don't want you voting for somebody because of what they look like.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

WALLACE: Given that a Steele victory would almost ensure that the Republicans would retain control of the U.S. Senate, why should Maryland blacks vote for a Senate victory, vote Republican on election day?

STEELE: Well, I'm not asking them to vote Republican. I'm asking them to vote for me. And you know, Barack Obama is entitled to his opinion, and we'll discuss that when we meet on the Senate floor.

But the reality for me is I put this campaign on the line with the Maryland voters. I put myself on the line for them. I've not come to them as a Republican or a Democrat, as an African-American, or anything other than who I am, and that is someone who believes in public service, who wants to go to Washington to try his best to make a difference in a town that has forgotten where people live and how they live and what they go through every day.

So that's not color. That's not party affiliation. That's real life. And I've been speaking to real life for the last year and a half, and the people of my state are responding to it. So hopefully when I get to Washington, Barack and I can talk about real life.

WALLACE: Lieutenant Governor, the Washington Post endorsed your opponent, Ben Cardin, over the weekend, and they had some very harsh words for you. Let's put them up on the screen.

STEELE: Okay.

WALLACE: "Despite his efforts to construct an image as an independent-minded newcomer, there is nothing in Michael Steele's past — no achievement, no record, no evidence and certainly no command of the issues — to support it."

The Post says that as lieutenant governor for the past four years, you have had marginal influence.

STEELE: I know. Isn't it a shame? Well, you know, Chris, that is pitiful. It is absolutely pitiful, and that's nothing more than what the Baltimore Sun said about me four years ago, that I bring nothing to the table but the color of my skin. They were just a little bit more sophisticated in their ignorance.

My conversation with the editorial board didn't go the way they wanted it to go because I wouldn't kowtow and answer the questions the way they wanted me to answer them. I'm my own person. I don't care about the Washington Post. The Washington Post is not going to get me elected. The Washington Post is not going to prevent me from getting elected.

They're a bunch of folks, as I told them in the interview, who sit in an ivory tower, who have no clue what real life is about out here. It's easy to pontificate when you don't have to put a vote on the line, when you don't have to look a voter in the eye and let them know what you really think, so what — they come after me.

Now, how many times very you seen the Washington Post do a second editorial on a candidate that they didn't even endorse? It makes no sense. So clearly, I must be winning this race, and the Washington Post will have to write that headline, "Steele Wins", and then eat it.

WALLACE: All right. On that note, Lieutenant Governor Steele, we're going to have to leave it. Thanks so much for coming in. And we're back now...

STEELE: All right. Take care of yourself, Chris.

Fox News

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I call myself a man of Steele? Wink
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I love it #1!!
And may I call myself a Steele magnolia?
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that guy! I've been praying for him...and others.

so, what do I get to be a steele post? Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished voteing for him.

In MD, the negative adds against steele have been unrelenting.

Steele's response has been nothing but class, first-class all the way.

The only substance the anti-steele adds have is to infer that Steele is a republican thus must be held accountable for all the leftist hatred of bush.

Not much of a platform the Dem's have, vote for us cause we hate Bush. If they win we are in for some rough sailing.

P.S........ I think the board just let me post without logging on?

Admin note: Oops...improper setup...all fixed...thanks for the heads-up/me#1
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
I just finished voteing for him.

In MD, the negative adds against steele have been unrelenting.

The only substance the anti-steele adds have is to infer that Steele is a republican thus must be held accountable for all the leftist hatred of bush.

Not much of a platform the Dem's have, vote for us cause we hate Bush. If they win we are in for some rough sailing.

P.S........ I think the board just let me post without logging on?

Admin note: Oops...improper setup...all fixed...thanks for the heads-up/me#1

hear hear
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack wrote
Quote:

He sure demonstrated class today. When he and his wife went to vote he didn't slip in a side door, but stood in line like everyone else. All the while bearing the jibes and snark of others who obviously had no class.

Voting with Michael Steele
Maryland's lieutenant governor gets an unpleasant reception at the voting booth.
Weekly Standard
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with ONE% of the tally in, and Steele up 57% to 46%, FOX just called the race for....Cardin!!!!!!!

Shocked

Exit polls?
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree how can fox project cardin the winner when steel has 57% this makes me so angry, I wish his campaign would call fox and let them have it
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit Hume says Washington Post pulled back it’s projection in Md.
Steele adamantly not conceding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: