SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Democrats take the House majority
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Democrats take the House majority Reply with quote

Pelosi as Speaker of the House.

God help the U.S.A.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I'm gleefully looking forward to with Democrat control of the House.

This means that Charlie Rangle (D.NY) will now Head the powerful Ways and Means Committee. As late as last week he was calling for reinstating the Military Draft. I'm giving him all my support to do just that.

Imagine, all the anti-war lefty's that pushed so hard for Democrat Control of Congress getting drafted to serve because a Democrat got his Draft Proposal put through.

They can walk around and whine in their BDU's while I smile wearing my "Don't Blame Me, I Voted Republican" T-Shirt Laughing Confused

You usually get what you ask for, whether you wanted it or not Confused Sad
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Lew, this may just work out pretty good for '08. A couple of years of these bozos might just give the country a real reason to vote them down big time then.
If we can survive them that long.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, we should have no problem surviving. SInce Democrats will control at least the house and Rangle wants that draft back in, I say let's support it.

Drafting as many anti-war leftists as we can should teach them some discipline and manners, as well as what it is like to sacrifice, something they sorely need to learn.

They want a free ride and have been getting it. Thanks to Rangles anti-war push, we have a way to kill two biords with one stone. Teach leftists about life and expose the left for the hypocrits they are.

Just my devious mind at work here Wink
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine..if DNC wins both house and senate that the MSM coverage of Iraq is suddenly going to turn much more positive.

That's GOT to be a blow for the terroist??
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the lefty cowards will slink off to Canada, just like before. The good men will once again go and fight to protect the freedom of all americans. We are aslo looking at Alcee Hastings, who was removed as a federal judge for taking bribes, in charge of the House Intel Commitee. Even more disturbing, the media will still paint a negative picture of the war so that Pelosi and her cronies can force a surrender. Just like the surrender for another war that the US was winning.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davman wrote:
Unfortunately the lefty cowards will slink off to Canada, just like before. The good men will once again go and fight to protect the freedom of all americans. We are aslo looking at Alcee Hastings, who was removed as a federal judge for taking bribes, in charge of the House Intel Commitee. Even more disturbing, the media will still paint a negative picture of the war so that Pelosi and her cronies can force a surrender. Just like the surrender for another war that the US was winning.

Yes, I am concerned about our troops serving in Iraq this morning. Will they see the results of this election as a repudiation of all of the sacrifices that they have made in Iraq to keep us safer from terrorism? I really do not want them to be made to feel the way that our Vitenam Vets were made to feel. The ramifications of that are still with us today. These young warriors in Iraq do not deserve being made to feel that way also.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Iraqis. The Commiecrats will drop them like a rock just like they forced us to do in Vietnam.
Only about 3 million died in that fiasco. Wonder how many Iraqis are going to have to pay the cost of these idiots cutting funding which they most assuredly will.
The 'instant replay' I have feared since this started is about to occur.

I imagine our 'credibility' in the world is really fixing to take a giant hit now. No nation will trust us to help them.

The terrorists of the world just won a great victory over America.

Dusty
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm more than subdued, today - Pollyanna has deserted me, for once.

I can't believe that Murtha was re-elected and Santorum wasn't.

I can't believe we're going to have to live with Pelosi et al in positioins of leadership for which they are supremely unqualified.

I can't believe we're headed back into the same old defeatism that snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory in Vietnam.

How did we lose this, with so much at stake?

God help us all.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is UGLY. Gonna sell my farms and other investment real estate and sit back and watch.

I keep going back to the Iowa Jima tribute at Geedunk to take my mind
off of this.

I want my Mommie.

Last edited by AMOS on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many surprises...some understandable...some not. One that really surprised me (and I wasn't even aware he was in jeopardy, J.D. Hayworth). I would assume that his loss is immigration related, but I'll have to look into it.

As to the "Big Picture", it remains to be seen if the return of some semblance of power to the Democrats in such a profoundly divided country presages some wholesale, radical "change in course". Their grasp on what "power" they've reclaimed is tenuous, at best, and I would anticipate that they'll be walking on political eggshells (and through numerous minefields) at least through Nov' '08.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only glimmer of a silver lining I can see is that Presidential vetos will be override-proof. If the President will just use the veto to kill insane Dem bills and the Senate (which looks like we've lost that, too) Republicans manage to be unified, dangerous legislation can be stopped.

Otherwise, the entire two years leading to the '08 election will be an endless parade of Bush administration officials taking the oath in Waxman's, Hastings' and Conyers' committees answering "Have you stopped beating your wife?" questions. Not a pretty picture.

But worst of all will be the effort to bug out from Iraq thereby giving aid and comfort to the Islamic terrorists. I'm sure that Murtha is already recruiting his version of Kerry to do the Genghis Khan thing before some committee.

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
But worst of all will be the effort to bug out from Iraq thereby giving aid and comfort to the Islamic terrorists.

Were I to try to mitigate the potential for disaster in that regard, I'd be lying through my teeth.

In fact, in my forum "signature" crystal ball there's already a phrase taking form..."Give them Continental Europe"
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm down this morning... What happened? There were probably a lot of reasons to explain that, and I've been all over the blogs this morning, seeing the finger pointing starting (and in most cases totally missing the mark IMHO). I think at the most fundamental level Republicans lost for TWO reasons, one of which I'll not address because this is not a political site, and because my opinion is likely to PO a lot of people. But the other fundamental reason is one we absolutely must try to understand: the impact of a flagrantly partisan MSM.

Iraq was NOT the reason the Republicans took a beating; it was MSM's negative portrayal of Iraq. Republican corruption didn't lose this election (it didn't help to be sure); it was MSM's focus on Republican corruption vs. Democratic corruption (how much did you hear about Jefferson's freezer stash, Reid's questionable dealings, etc., etc.? I.e., the Democrats had as much or more corruption than the Republicans, but it didn't hurt them one bit because MSM covered for them). MSM continued carrying the message that the economy was in the tank, despite hard evidence to the contrary. And I could go on... and on...

IMHO the Democrats did not win the election; MSM (and I include most of Fox in the MSM now) did! Again IMHO, but MSM is the enemy, and unless and until we can learn to counter this unelected single-party branch of "government" (Department of Propaganda?), this country is in real trouble.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
..."Give them Continental Europe"

I'm afraid that's already well underway. The writer Mark Steyn recently did a piece which included this: (emphasis added)

Quote:
The invaluable Brussels Journal recently translated an interview with the writer Oscar van den Boogaard from the Belgian paper De Standaard. A Dutch gay "humanist" (which is pretty much the trifecta of Eurocool), van den Boogaard was reflecting on the accelerating Islamification of the Continent and concluding that the jig was up for the Europe he loved. "I am not a warrior, but who is?" he shrugged. "I have never learned to fight for my freedom. I was only good at enjoying it."

(Sorry, no link.)

Van den Boogaard could well be speaking for most liberals in this country, and certainly for the MSM.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: