SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Article about why Kerry will lose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Great Article about why Kerry will lose Reply with quote

The following is exerpted from the SF Gate column by Adam Sparks in today's paper.

"Forget the showboating -- no pun intended -- let's look at the record. Kerry received three Purple Hearts, and, after four months of duty, he requested permission to get the heck out of there. However, retired Rear Adm. Roy Hoffmann, who ran the swift-boat campaign in Vietnam and now leads a group of fellow officers calling themselves the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, countered Kerry, saying, "I do not believe that John Kerry is fit to be commander in chief of the armed forces of the United States. This is not a political issue. It is a matter of judgment, truthfulness, reliability, loyalty and trust -- all absolute tenets of command.

"Only one of his 23 fellow officers in charge from Coastal Division 11 supports John Kerry," he added. "Overall, more than 250 swift-boat veterans are on the record questioning Kerry's fitness to serve as commander in chief. That list includes his entire chain of command -- every single officer Kerry served under in Vietnam. The Kerry game plan is to ignore all this and pretend that the 13 veterans his campaign jets around the country and puts up in five-star hotels really represent the truth about his short, controversial combat tour."

I have linked to the complete artice on my blogpage:

http://proudrepublican.blogspot.com/
REPUBLICANPUNDIT

After you have read the article, please comment on my page or here. You will enjoy this column.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article, although I'm not sure the author knows a "crisp salute" from a wilted lettuce leaf.

Wink
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: More good news...I hope Reply with quote

Here's another encouraging analysis from blogger Truth Laid Bear:

Quote:
I'm going to go on record and predict that the Swift Boat Veterans kerfuffle won't just be a major negative for Kerry: it will be a campaign-killer. One thing that those of us who spend far too much time hyperanalyzing politics and world events tend to forget is that for the general public, stories like this are absorbed only as vague and general impressions.

Read the whole thing here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: