SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ward Churchill Still At It.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Ward Churchill Still At It. Reply with quote

Co-Ward Churchill at it again:

New School Students Cheer Ward Churchill Speech
By ANNIE KARNI
Special to the Sun
December 12, 2006

An ethnic studies professor from the University of Colorado, Ward Churchill, received a standing ovation last night from a crowd of more than 200 New School students after blaming the 2001 World Trade Center attacks on America's support of Israel and its sanctions against Iraq in 1996.

In a two-hour speech at the New School titled "Sterilizing History: The Fabrication of Innocent Americans," delivered without notes, Mr. Churchill traced what he called a pattern of mass murder as American foreign policy from the time of the country's inception to the events of September 11, 2001, which he said the country was essentially asking for.

Mr. Churchill also called the president of the New School, Robert Kerrey, a former senator of Nebraska, a "mass murder and serial killer to boot" for having served in Thanh Phong, Vietnam. Mr. Churchill also served in Vietnam, an act for which he said he has spent the rest of his life apologizing.

Mr. Churchill received cheers from the audience for comparing Mr. Kerrey to the serial killer Charles Manson. "That's who you've got moral equivalency in the president's chair at this institution," Mr. Churchill said. "How about a cage rather than a president's suite?"

Mr. Churchill was invited to the New School by a student group, the Women of Color. The university was not involved in the invitation.

more at http://www.nysun.com/article/44971
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit that I wasn't too interested in Ward Churchill. After all, we all know that he's going to continue to spew his brand of poison wherever he can, and that the academic venue is his most likely audience. What disturbed me was the fact that 200 students (apparently all or most of the audience) applauded his remarks.

So I was prodded by this article to do some research on The New School, since I had seen it mentioned before in connection with liberal, "progressive" issues. Very interesting...

Does the fact that it is located in New York's Greenwich Village tell you anything? Does the fact that it advertises itself as a "progressive university" tell you anything more?

Basically, it's curriculum consists of "Social Research," "Management and Urban Policy," "Design," "Liberal Arts," "Music," "Drama" "Jazz and Contemporary Music." "Design," as it turns out, consists of subjects like interior design, fashion studies, lighting design, etc., etc. In other words, I could find no evidence that The New School has a single course in things like math, engineering, science, anatomy, medicine, accounting, etc., etc.

Or said another way, everything this school covers is "soft subjective" - i.e., there are no hard facts or truths to get in the way of the students' feelings, creativity, or opinions. Nothing, obviously, to contradict their progressive revisionism and creativity in reinterpreting social issues. No hard reality exists in their curriculum, nothing constraining them to the world of facts, laws of nature or physics, etc., etc.

Now I understand why 200 students applauded Ward Churchill. IMHO it's disgusting that schools like this even exist. You're invited to poke around on their web site (link above) to get a better idea of what I'm trying to portray.
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the falsehoods about himself that Mr. Churchill has given out in the past, I am wondering if he really did serve in Viet Nam. Does anybody know anything about this?
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He once claimed to be native Indian. Also copied art work of others and sold on Ebay. I sincerely doubt the Vietnam service. He'd run and hide.

What I REALLY DON'T understand is ex-Senator and ex-Navy Seal Bob Kerrey that won the Medal of Honor in Vietnam, being a part of this circus in New York. It's not like he needs the money with Fed Gov't ret. pay and his monthly stipend that comes with the MOH he earned.

I'm cornfused.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty, if memory serves me, Churchill did indeed serve in Viet Nam, but was trained as a jeep driver and a projectionist.

Ward Churchill’s Real Military Background

The Seven Faces of “Dr.” Churchill
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the NY Sun article:
Quote:
An ethnic studies professor from the University of Colorado, Ward Churchill,

Is he STILL at University of Colorado?
I thought there was a decision last summer (after a 15 month investigation) to fire him.
Not because of his egregious speech and writings, but because of his misrepresentations of his background.
Sheesh, is there no getting rid of these scourges?? Did the University get cold feet?
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: