SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Et Tu "Weather Channel"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Et Tu "Weather Channel"? Reply with quote

Well "Weather Channel", what will it be today? Umbrella or sunscreen? Galoshes or snowshoes? Overcoat or Bermuda shorts?

What? Global Warming?

Ohhhhhhhhh nooooooooo....... Laughing

Quote:
Weather Channel Climate Expert Calls for Decertifying Global Warming Skeptics
January 17, 2007
Posted by Marc Morano 202-224-5762 marc_morano@epw.senate.gov (8:50pm ET)

The Weather Channel’s most prominent climatologist is advocating that broadcast meteorologists be stripped of their scientific certification if they express skepticism about predictions of manmade catastrophic global warming. This latest call to silence skeptics follows a year (2006) in which skeptics were compared to "Holocaust Deniers" and Nuremberg-style war crimes trials were advocated by several climate alarmists.

The Weather Channel’s (TWC) Heidi Cullen, who hosts the weekly global warming program "The Climate Code," is advocating that the American Meteorological Society (AMS) revoke their "Seal of Approval" for any television weatherman who expresses skepticism that human activity is creating a climate catastrophe.

"If a meteorologist can't speak to the fundamental science of climate change, then maybe the AMS shouldn't give them a Seal of Approval. Clearly, the AMS doesn't agree that global warming can be blamed on cyclical weather patterns," Cullen wrote in her December 21 weblog on the Weather Channel Website. [Note: It is also worth taking a look at the comments section at the bottom of Cullen’s blog, very entertaining.] See: http://climate.weather.com/blog/9_11396.html This latest call to silence skeptics of manmade global warming has been the subject of discussion at the annual American Meteorological Society’s Annual conference in San Antonio Texas this week. See: http://www.ametsoc.org/meet/annual

"It's like allowing a meteorologist to go on-air and say that hurricanes rotate clockwise and tsunamis are caused by the weather. It's not a political statement...it's just an incorrect statement," Cullen added. [Note to Cullen: Hurricanes (Cyclones) in the Southern Hemisphere do rotate clockwise...]

<snip>

Cullen Featured Advocate of Nuremberg-Style Trials for Climate Skeptics

In addition, Cullen’s December 17, 2006 episode of "The Climate Code" TV show, featured a columnist who openly called for Nuremberg-style Trials for climate skeptics. Cullen featured Grist Magazine’s Dave Roberts as an eco-expert opining on energy issues, with no mention of his public call to institute what amounts to the death penalty for scientists who express skepticism about global warming. See: http://epw.senate.gov/fact.cfm?party=rep&id=264568

U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works - cont'd

HT:Drudge
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a rabid Al Gore is going around biting people.

Dusty
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So these pro global warming scientist have their view challenged and they simply take steps to squelch the opposition but still call themselves "scientists." The hypocrisy is one thing but the position would have us still believing the earth is flat.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pelosi Creates Global Warming Committee
Jan 18 6:39 PM US/Eastern
By JOHN HEILPRIN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sought to create a special committee Thursday in an effort to jump-start long-delayed government efforts to deal with global warming and produce a bill by Independence Day.

Pelosi, D-Calif., said the committee would hold hearings and recommend legislation on how to reduce greenhouse gases, primarily carbon dioxide generated by fossil fuels, that most scientists blame for a gradual warming of the earth's climate.

"I promise to do everything in my power to achieve energy independence ... and to stop global warming," Pelosi said.

Breitbart - cont'd

Perhaps Nancy might squeeze in a few moments to deal with that pesky continental drift?
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm on the Left Coast where it was in the mid 70s on Christmas.

It has been in the low- to mid-20s this week in San Diego (daily low temps). The other day I saw Algore's video in Blockbuster. I couldn't help thinking that if I burned enough of those things, I might be able to thaw out my hands. Twisted Evil

From what I see on the news, the rest of the country has been hit a lot worse, and they are hoping for a little global warming.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up here in SW Washington State, we just had our first snow in 3 years. All of our newly arrived 'transplants' had a heck of a time getting around. Wink

Check out this thread on FreeRepublic with a link to a site listing all the things caused by Global warming.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1769964/posts

WARNING: Do not have any liquids in your mouth as you read the list, unless you don't mind cleaning your monitor Laughing
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Global Warming people's anger or rather frustration is caused by a lack of creativity brought about by our success as a great Nation, I suppose. Highly educated, yet coming to a realization of what little they have to contribute to society gives rise to their ridicuous societal isses, which they then create even more ridiculous solutions for. The petulant juveniles have come of age and need to be shamed.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Up here in SW Washington State, we just had our first snow in 3 years. All of our newly arrived 'transplants' had a heck of a time getting around. Wink

Check out this thread on FreeRepublic with a link to a site listing all the things caused by Global warming.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1769964/posts

WARNING: Do not have any liquids in your mouth as you read the list, unless you don't mind cleaning your monitor Laughing

That is great Lew!

Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
The Global Warming people's anger or rather frustration is caused by a lack of creativity brought about by our success as a great Nation, I suppose. Highly educated, yet coming to a realization of what little they have to contribute to society gives rise to their ridicuous societal isses, which they then create even more ridiculous solutions for. The petulant juveniles have come of age and need to be shamed.

Like all societal phenomenon, I suppose that the "Global Warming" near-frenzy has multiple forces propelling it...and you have correctly touched on one of them, the ideological/emotional compulsion of "secular-progressives" (SP's for short - credit O'Reilly, at least for me) to make a difference in SOMETHING before their alloted time expires. It's scary stuff allright, especially given the ease with which "politically correct" issues are turned into juggernauts of propaganda by a complicit (and still dominant I'm afraid) SP establishment, not the LEAST of which is our current, and failing, "education" institution.

But there's another element as well, and it was highlighted nicely by an Alabama "weatherman" in his blog yesterday, courtesy of Drudge.

So, what to do? How to combat this politically driven assault on climatology and geoscience? Do what James Spann did...

I L L U M I N A T E and E D U C A T E and A G I T A T E....

Quote:
“The Weather Channel” Mess
January 18, 2007, 5:45 pm | James Spann | Op/Ed

Well, well. Some “climate expert” on “The Weather Channel” wants to take away AMS certification from those of us who believe the recent “global warming” is a natural process. So much for “tolerance”, huh?

I have been in operational meteorology since 1978, and I know dozens and dozens of broadcast meteorologists all over the country. Our big job: look at a large volume of raw data and come up with a public weather forecast for the next seven days. I do not know of a single TV meteorologist who buys into the man-made global warming hype. I know there must be a few out there, but I can’t find them. Here are the basic facts you need to know:

*Billions of dollars of grant money is flowing into the pockets of those on the man-made global warming bandwagon. No man-made global warming, the money dries up. This is big money, make no mistake about it. Always follow the money trail and it tells a story. Even the lady at “The Weather Channel” probably gets paid good money for a prime time show on climate change. No man-made global warming, no show, and no salary. Nothing wrong with making money at all, but when money becomes the motivation for a scientific conclusion, then we have a problem. For many, global warming is a big cash grab.

*The climate of this planet has been changing since God put the planet here. It will always change, and the warming in the last 10 years is not much difference than the warming we saw in the 1930s and other decades. And, lets not forget we are at the end of the ice age in which ice covered most of North America and Northern Europe.

If you don’t like to listen to me, find another meteorologist with no tie to grant money for research on the subject. I would not listen to anyone that is a politician, a journalist, or someone in science who is generating revenue from this issue.

In fact, I encourage you to listen to WeatherBrains episode number 12, featuring Alabama State Climatologist John Christy, and WeatherBrains episode number 17, featuring Dr. William Gray of Colorado State University, one of the most brilliant minds in our science.

WeatherBrains, by the way, is our weekly 30 minute netcast.

I have nothing against “The Weather Channel”, but they have crossed the line into a political and cultural region where I simply won’t go.

JamesSpaan.com

P.S. ...and, as Lew noted, a little R I D I C U L E and S A T I R E goes a loooooong way as well.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Blakemore of ABC TV was my Senior English teacher in HS so everytime he has a segment on the News I pay special attention. He recently went to the Arctic and reported how the warmer weather is exposing the ancient layer of long frozen flora that is now contributing to accelerated warming...Hello Bill!!!!!! How did those plants get there in the first place to freeze? I was disappointed that a man who taught me to think and question, could not ask the next logical question of the expert who was pontificating on the doom coming from life RETURNING to the arctic.

We live in a corner of Wisconsin that was once surrounded by glaciers. Where did all that ice go?

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, SHALL NOT CEASE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: