SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry and his cancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Kerry and his cancer Reply with quote

This was posted in the Power Line Blog today (emphasis mine):

Quote:
John Kerry is on the cover of the latest issue of Coping With Cancer Magazine, with an uncharacteristically nice photo of what is usually a sourpuss face. He has a feature article, “Prostate Cancer Survivor John Kerry Speaks Candidly About His Experience”.  It’s about half full of Kerry spouting and whining politics. Unfortunately the article isn’t available online.  But I’ll reproduce a couple parts here:

CM: Has cancer changed your perspective on your career? On your life in general?

JK: It’s definitely changed my perspective. A lot of us who were lucky enough to come home from Vietnam in one piece did so with a saying: “Every day is extra.” Thirty-five years ago, I used those extra days to stop that war. I realized I had a responsibility to stop others from getting killed. I have extra days after cancer as well, and I use my anger about the disease to do what I do: being an advocate, keep fighting.

CM: What has been the one most difficult challenge you have faced since having cancer? How did you overcome it?

JK: [talks about losing 2002 election].. As lousy as it felt to lose, life was a hell of a lot harder after November 2[?], 2004, for the working father who woke up still without healthcare for his kids, for families in New Orleans abandoned on rooftops while the water rose, or for troops in Iraq who get up every day in the middle of a civil war.

And lastly, this from JK, who announced in September, 2003: that he would run for President:

JK: In December of 2002, I got tested, I got diagnosed, I had surgery, and thank God I was cured.... I was diagnosed and treated as I was crisscrossing the country running for President.

I wonder if his memory about running for President before he ran for President was seared - seared into his memory, kinda like his Christmas of 1968 memory of sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia.

I won't bother you with my reply. Evil or Very Mad

Schadow
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Someone advocating their country losing a war actually brags about it! Confused
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JK: It’s definitely changed my perspective. A lot of us who were lucky enough to come home from Vietnam in one piece did so with a saying: “Every day is extra.” Thirty-five years ago, I used those extra days to stop that war. I realized I had a responsibility to stop others from getting killed

It makes my blood boil when he ignores the millions who died after we left, and the lack of questions about it by anyone.
John O'Neill asked him how many deaths would occur if we left, on the Cavet interview, and he said (as I recall) maybe 5000??
It is truly amazing (and very sad), that someone like him could have gotten as close to the Presidency as he did.
WaffleFlipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is a disgusting creature and always will be. Yeah, he and those like him really prevented more deaths in Vietnam. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: