SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The definition of swiftboating is being debated again
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...I am out of here on this one and certainly did not mean to cause excitement with the ranks. As to the word "swiftboating", I suspect we will hear it in 2008 if the bad guys get to define it.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanVCC wrote:
OK...I am out of here on this one and certainly did not mean to cause excitement with the ranks. As to the word "swiftboating", I suspect we will hear it in 2008 if the bad guys get to define it.

Geez, I didn't mean to scare ya Laughing
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure would like to go after his Senate seat.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't recall the origin of this? Emerged around the time the Vets For The Truth/Boot Murtha group got together

view image here
Quote:
Swiftboating: - Exposing the lies, deceit and fraud of self-glorifying public officials or candidates for public office who exaggerate their military service by lying about their feats of heroism and combat wounds.

Swift Boating will be the left's grassy knoll for years to come
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tired of hearing about the "definition of Swiftboating" debated by people who live in la la land.

Therefore, here is a comprehensive, semantically precise and accurate, one-paragraph definition of Swiftboating:

"Swiftboating" is 1) opposing a narcissistic fraud, opportunist and pathological, defamatory liar from becoming the POTUS due to genuine concern for the welfare of the people of the United States, and that of numerous other millions living precariously under political situations on the edge of "Killing Fields" genocide; and 2) using the greatest information resource ever known to humanity, the search engines of the Internet, to research what one says and writes (something those being Swiftboated are afraid to do since bullying worked for them in the past, or they are too ignorant to do it); and 3) using the Intenet to get the message out, deflecting the deliberate Stalin-style censorship and attacks by the 3rd unelected political party a.k.a 5th column, also known as the MSM.

Does that help?

Addendum: An LGF commenter describes Kerry as a "TNDI" (Toxically Narcissistic Delusional Incompetent).

-- FDL
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great definition. I will post this to my web site if it OK with you!!!
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

republicanveteran wrote:
Great definition. I will post this to my web site if it OK with you!!!

Yes it is!

One other thought: perhaps Kerry could best be described as a "malignant narcissist, opportunist and pathological, defamatory liar ." See http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2006/07/malignant-narcissism-sociopathic.html

-- FDL
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's done.

Hang Right Politics

I have never figured out how to put a link on this page.

If one of the adminstrators can, I would appreciate it.

note: done...P.S. try here /me#1
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another facet of Kerry's life which goes to the matter of character and honor - his marriages and the Catholic Church, to which he claims to be devout.

(Disclaimer: I am not Catholic but I believe I have this right.)

Kerry married Julia Thorne in 1970 and divorced her in 1988. He then petitioned the Church for annullment in 1995, over Thorne's objections, after she sought an increase in alimony. The marriage produced two children, Alexandra and Vanessa.

Some sources say the annullment was granted; others say it was not. (There's apparently no version of SF-180 to reveal those matters.) In any case, Kerry subsequently married Tereeeza.

Now, only one of two situations exists: 1) (Deleted by admin/me#1) Annullment means that the marriage never existed. 2) If the annullment was rejected by the Church, Kerry and his current wife are living in sin.

Who knows what compromises or internal political pressures were in play to have everyone come out legitimate in the eyes of the Church and resulted in Kerry's being able to sincerely believe he's now "devout."

In any case, Kerry's character is not burnished by these facets of his past.

Schadow

(Sorry for having to use the "$". The smut catcher wouldn't let me use this venerable old word.)

note: Let's keep the focus on Kerry himself where it belongs...thanks/me#1
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing the link. For some reason the way I do it on my pages does not work here.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Kesler with some thoughts on the "Swiftboat" semantics war...

Quote:
What 2004 Taught the Left
by Bruce Kesler
January 31, 2007

Conservatives and Leftists occupy two parallel universes in the lesson drawn from the 2004 election. Conservatives believe they scored a great victory via their alternative media getting out the narrative of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, despite the major media first ignoring it, then slandering them, then burying admission of a few irrefutable indictments, then refusing to investigate more, then decrying the unwashed meddling in politics. For the most part, conservatives have rested on that laurel. Worse, professional politicians unite to squelch the possibility that their kind may be challenged by citizen upstarts.

The Left, instead of chastened, is actually emboldened by the major media’s treatment of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Their allies in the major media exercise Orwellian semantics to create a noun “swiftboating” to mean unfounded political attacks. The Left sees the opportunity in this to subdue or even silence conservatives.

They’ve created another Orwellian word-perversion, relabeling radical Leftists as “progressives,” to create today’s version of a popular front to suck in gullible liberals to radical agendas.

The progressives seek to reverse the open marketplace for speech, ideas and action that conservatives have enjoyed for the past few decades to get their messages out. This can be seen in progressives push for a return to government-enforced rationing of who appears on radio or TV talk shows, for increased government restrictions upon campaigning or supporting causes and candidates, for campaigns directed at radio and TV stations and their sponsors to take conservatives off the air. Soros money can be found behind much of this.

Conservatives protest these incursions against free speech. But, for the most part, conservatives are too much acting like deer in the headlights, either fattened and lazy from their previous ascendancy or disheartened by some of their kind having tawdry skeletons or looking for a “George to do it” instead of themselves (and then criticizing our lone George – Bush, that is – for not doing enough by himself).

Sure, conservatives do have many spokepeople who are exerting themselves. But, most allied politicians, foundations, and citizens are hiding in the shadows.

Instead, they must come out, boldly, forcefully and united into the light, energetically fight back, and fund major exposes that shine light and fumigant on the Leftist termites determined to undermine the house of free speech. Or, find themselves shut up.

The Democracy Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: