SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News coverage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A video of Michelle Malkin interviewing members of a Gathering of Eagles on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2wO3eSmWVo
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My self, George Mezori and fellow Swifties were Honored to attend the Friday night Street Corner's Honor of our men wounded in battle, as well as to attend the GOE on Saturday. It was two events that I look back and be so glad and proud I was able to attend and be a part of.
Friday night was special in that I was able to talk and watch faithful volunteers stand out on four street corners in a night that was colder that a well diggers a@s. Then to talk to one soldier for some length in time and I was so proud of him as well as the others. Such brave young men who have suffered trauma that most will never know, and I do not mean physical as being the sole trauma. Our thanks to Mary, her husband and the big Marine who drove us out of Bethesda and all the others that Stood Watch that night for our troops and all the other nights as well. Mary, give them our Thanks to each and every one. I am sorry we ran out of Swift pins, but if any one wants one, please contact me and I will send them each out as soon as I can get them to you. As you know, there are different ones, so tell me which type and amounts. God Bless you all and Thanks again so much.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never forget this experience. The people I met at the GOE had the spirit that this country needs to once again hold its head high. I was not only impressed with the turnout, I was impressed with the quality of the people and their behavior. It was cold and windy, walking in mud ankle deep but that didn't detour anyone. These were the best of America's best, many who years ago went to war at the request of their country, and now are volunteering again to show that we are still strong and will not allow the 60's to be repeated. We will not allow a minor but loud group to convince the country they are the majority and turn the tides of our current conflict. These were the true sons and daughters of America's best, standing guard over a wall where 58000 of their brothers and sisters are remembered to let them rest in peace and warn the world that they and America are off limits to the wacko left.
Stand Proud Eagles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: