SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandy the Burglar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Sandy the Burglar Reply with quote

The Sandy Berger special is on FoxNews tonight. The more I see the madder I get.

Dusty
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too! it was good...

I'm sure the dems 'll jump right on investigating why the DOJ left him off so easy... another cover up they can blame on Bush...lol!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the life of me, I can't understand why Bush hasn't instructed the attorneys to go after this man, unless it is to strategically wait until closer to the next election so that there is a monster Democratic scandal in progress when the polls are close.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those of us who missed it Sat. Nite, it's on again
at 4pm (eastern daylight time) this afternoon, Sunday.

Deuce
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty said
Quote:
The more I see the madder I get.

I agree, it makes me furious what the Clinton crowd gets away with!

I missed it last night, but reading the preview of Socks,Scissors,Paper it appears the botched 'sting operation' tainted the case and probably allowed Burglar's high-paid attorneys to plead out a little 'slap on the wrist' settlement.

Quote:
~snip~

FOX News also reveals the stunning failure of the Archives — and particularly Presidential Materials Staff Director Nancy Smith — to secure the nation's most sensitive documents.

Among the security breakdowns:

— Smith, the person charged with safeguarding presidential documents, allowed Berger to view the top secret dossiers in her office instead of a secure room known as a SCIF (sensitive compartmentalized information facility) — as required by the CIA.

— Smith, in a serious breach of security protocols, often allowed Berger alone with the documents.

— When Smith and her staff became suspicious that Berger was stealing top secret documents, they did not report their suspicions to authorities, as required by their own rules. Instead, they concocted their own inept sting operation, which they subsequently botched. Brachfeld says that significantly comprised the case against Berger.

I think the writer misspelled-- i.e. 'comprised' s/b 'COMPROMISED'.
I also think that Berger's non-compliance with taking the lie detector test that he agreed to
should allow the case to be further prosecuted!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="shawa]I also think that Berger's non-compliance with taking the lie detector test that he agreed to
should allow the case to be further prosecuted![/quote]

In all fairness, IIRC, it is not a matter of Berger refusing the test, but of the DOJ declining to persue any further.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullsh@t Alert!

Quote:
"Michael: I screwed up. There was nothing sinister about it. I was under serious pressure to digest the entire Clinton record on terrorism for eight years so that we could testify fully to the 9-11 commission. I spent several arduous days at the Archives looking through the files. This document was interesting to me because I had commissioned it in 2000–a look at what we learned from the millennium terror threats that were avoided. Tired, stressed, I made a very stupid decision–to take the documents home with me so that I could review them in more detail and so that I could compare the apparent differences among versions. Since this document had been widely circulated to all the relevant agencies (State, Defense, CIA, Justice, etc.), I felt certain the commission would get it from one or more of these agencies.

There were no handwritten markings on the documents (which were copies) or anything else unusual. I took no other documents–originals or copies–besides the ones specified in my plea agreement.

The DOJ has stated unequivocally that there is no evidence that I took other documents and that the commission received everything.

That's the long and short of it. I made a very stupid mistake. I deeply regret it. Top-level career Justice Department prosecutors investigated it aggressively for two years. We reached a plea agreement that they believed was fair. That was two years ago. Now I wish this thing would go away.

Best, Sandy"

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/baroneblog/archives/070316/let_sandy_berge.htm?s_cid=rss:site1
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what's worse - that they tell us stuff like this and expect that we'll fall for it, or that they tell us stuff like this and we DO.

Rolling Eyes

I like the column that prompted this pathetic excuse for an excuse, though.
Michael Barone's Column
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly the worst of all possible worlds is that Sandy Burglar (a treasonist criminal) gets a slap on the wrist and Scooter Libby ( who did 'nothing illegal'....like Jon CAIRey he 'misrepresented' history to a 'federal official') is nailed to the cross.

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: