SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mental Midget to debate Newt Gingrich on global 'warming'
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Now that Newt has swilled down the koolaid and subscribes to the "humans caused it philosophy", I think this is the first time my opnion of Newt has lowered.

Newt was neutered ten years ago.

He tries to talk the talk, but he never could walk the walk.

To hell with him.

OBTW, take the "global warming quiz" here:

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/GlobWarmTest/start.html
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perusing Newt's newsletter for the unsubscribe button I hoped to find the 'Contact Us' button so I might send condolences for the death of his hopes in the GOP. It wasn't there. I did find an advertisement for Horner's Gore bash, "Inconvenient Truths about Global Warning". Tom Delay's recent book rips Newt for a fool. He needn't have bothered. Newt seems adept at proving it for himself.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Now that Newt has swilled down the koolaid and subscribes to the "humans caused it philosophy", I think this is the first time my opnion of Newt has lowered.

Consider that seconded....
Academia has reclaimed one of their own, guess Clinton will play golf with him now....don't know if 'lowered' is enough...'zeroed out' might be more appropriate...I now regret all those good thoughts I've wasted on the guy....and I just saw him speak 2 months ago...not a yellow streak showing at the time, if anything he blasted all the commie bases!

Deuce
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the "debate" was even finished, I sent the following to Newt.org:

Quote:
As a strong supporter of the Speaker, I was nonetheless extremely disappointed in today's "debate" with Senator Kerry. The Speaker has apparently totally conceded that the "science" as promoted by Al Gore, etc., is "settled" and the only argument is whether government or the private sector is best able to save us from doom. The science is far from settled and I believe the Speaker should invest some time talking with the other half of the scientific community - the one that Al Gore so effectively suppresses and which Kerry refers to as "flat earthers."

Just now, I received the following reply:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us with your thoughts regarding climate change and Newt’s debate with Senator Kerry.

Newt acknowledges the current scientific consensus that man is having some impact on the earth’s temperature through carbon emissions and other greenhouse gasses. This doesn’t mean that anthropomorphic [sic] climate change is proven, that there is total agreement within the scientific community (there rarely is), or that the scientific consensus will never change; but it is irresponsible to simply ignore what the vast majority of the world’s scientists are telling us.

Newt believes in a calm, common sense approach to conservation. He is promoting conservative, market-based incentives to address carbon loading that do not limit freedom, punish productivity, create a larger bureaucracy, or hurt the economy.

As conservatives, Newt believes that our answer to the environment can’t be no. Or worse, take the opposing position by default. Instead, we need a “green conservatism” – a pro-science, common sense, solutions-oriented approach to the stewardship of the earth.

Newt made this point on multiple occasions during the debate: “I am an absolute optimist that if we take this seriously, people across the planet will live in better economies with greater biodiversity with a better future… we do not have to be pessimistic, we just have to be serious, and we can in fact generate more solutions than anyone can imagine.”

There is an opportunity for conservatives to dominate the environmental issue, if we have the nerve to present common sense solutions. We can be both for green and for growth.

We encourage you listen to Newt’s latest podcast (http://www.newt.org/multimedia/default.asp?mi=447) where he shares his thoughts about the debate and how we can move towards green conservatism.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,

The Newt.org Team

I haven't listened the podcast yet. The reply didn't give me a warm feeling that Newt really would talk to the skeptical side of the scientific community about these matters. I just hope he receives enough critical comment on the debate with Kerry that he will broaden his view on the subject. The Koolaid he has swallowed is the result of the suppression of a great body of peer-reviewed work that denies anthropogenic causation of climate warming. The "vast majority" statement is just an example of the successful mind-conditioning efforts by Gore. Kerry is just a fellow traveller and knows nothing about the subject.

I still like the idea of Newt in the Presidency but my support, for what it's worth, has been shaken by this event.

Schadow
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow,

I'm with you 100%...he used the words 'scientific concensus' which are clearly mutually exclusive terms....it's either Science or Concensus, but not both....can't happen!

When he learns that and redeems himself (ie, totally reject his current useful idiot status), he may regain his footing in society...till then he's on my RINO list.

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: