SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Senator's Reply to my saying Harry Reid resign
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: My Senator's Reply to my saying Harry Reid resign Reply with quote

Sherrod Brown, very liberal democrat, was voted into office when luke warm republican Mike Dewine lost the election. I emailed Sherrod Brown telling him Harry Reid should resign because of his "the war is lost" comment. Here is Sherrod Brown's reply. Typical of a set liberal mind.

Dear Mrs. [my name]

Thank you for your thoughts on Senator Harry Reid.

I respect your views and appreciate the opportunity to share mine with you.

At this point in our nation's history we should not be sidetracked by partisan battles or individual attacks; we should focus on the most effective strategy for protecting the United States and our forces overseas.

I believe that it makes no sense to remain in the middle of a civil war when military forces are needed to protect the United States from global terrorism.

I support legislation which holds the Administration accountable for our continued presence in Iraq and that brings the troops home as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown

BTW, Do you all know that Harry Reid and his comment that the war is lost appeared on the front page of Al Jazeria newspaper? I thought you would like that. Twisted Evil
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like other liberals, there is absolutely no mention of winning.

I just received Kerry's email about the veto. Good old Lurch, first it was "Rubberstamp Republicans." Now, in the email, it is "Roadblock Republicans."

He sure has a way with words, doesn't he? Laughing Wink
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell Sherrod Brown that if he thinks Iraq is having a civil war he should understand that he must have no concept what a civil war even is or looks like.
And does he have a clue who is fomenting the hostilities between the Iraqi factions? The same people that flew planes into the WTC.
Does he propose we just quit fighting them and say here....you win....come on over and kill as many of us as you can.

These fools are going to get us all killed.

Dusty
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[These fools are going to get us all killed.]

Boy, ain't that the truth!
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed, called and written both my Michigan Senators. To date I have not received a response from either one. Typical partisanship politics when they won't even respond to a constituent. I still want to read what and how Levin and Stabenow explain their position. I asked specifically about why they are voting to be losers.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Tell Sherrod Brown that if he thinks Iraq is having a civil war he should understand that he must have no concept what a civil war even is or looks like.
And does he have a clue who is fomenting the hostilities between the Iraqi factions? The same people that flew planes into the WTC.
Does he propose we just quit fighting them and say here....you win....come on over and kill as many of us as you can.

These fools are going to get us all killed.

Dusty

Hey dusty, he is ignorant. He is young, and he is a brain disfunctional liberal.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmckay8497 wrote:
I have emailed, called and written both my Michigan Senators. To date I have not received a response from either one. Typical partisanship politics when they won't even respond to a constituent. I still want to read what and how Levin and Stabenow explain their position. I asked specifically about why they are voting to be losers.

Did you go to the Senator website? They have a check box if you want a reply. http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=MI
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish that I had a Senator. Durbin isn't a Senator, he's a maniac.
Obama isn't a Senator, he's a professional candidate. I think that these idiots should be paid by the hour for time spent on the Senate floor.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Snipe..I can understand since Durbin and Obama are also my Senators. I have been requesting meetings with both since the non-binding resolution has started. Senator Obama's office called and I spoke with their veteran affairs person, only to find out she is not a veteran...but they do have ONE on staff that I could speak with. Told her NO...I wanted to speak with the Senator himself. Did get a nice e-mail from Obama telling me how he supported the troops....and actually Senator Durbin's office also called and I am going to Springfield to "meet" with the representative in a couple of weeks and then represenative will try to get me a meeting with Senator Durbin. Doubt it will go far, but I am trying my best to be heard...maybe if more of us e-mailed our Senators and could get friends and family to do the same...they would at some point have to listen to the people. Of course I do send a weekly e-mail to Harry Reid asking him to resign.

Where do these Senators get off thinking they speakk for us Americans? They have not a clue to what we are thinking!

Time to get rid of them all!
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:
jmckay8497 wrote:

Did you go to the Senator website? They have a check box if you want a reply. http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=MI

Of course I did. I think I am on their "Do Not Reply List" I certainly am not on their donor list!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be emailing that Ohio senator back and telling him that he is EXACTLY right about the partisan politics and focusing on our national security - and that is ANOTHER reason Reid should resign !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie,

Brown is a Moonbat totally impervious to non-Marxist thinking...no amount of emails can get thru to him (unless your name is George Soros)...he was on the Bloomberg morning financial news today spouting unintelligible marxist doctrine....pretty much wasted air time. I'd be glad to tell you what he was talking about if it had made any sense at all!

Deuce
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce - ain't that sad! and what's worseif - the people voted for him (probably a few dead ones too). Shocked
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad fellas, my "senators" are Kerry and Kennedy! Help me please. I have written both so many times I'm surprised I have not been visited by Secret Service. Probably because I make it a point to try to convey my feelings in a civilized manner. I have never received a response from either. Not that they would ever have anything enlightening (or honest) to say.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davman wrote:
Don't feel too bad fellas, my "senators" are Kerry and Kennedy! Help me please. I have written both so many times I'm surprised I have not been visited by Secret Service. Probably because I make it a point to try to convey my feelings in a civilized manner. I have never received a response from either. Not that they would ever have anything enlightening (or honest) to say.

I would have to move. Very Happy Very Happy

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: