SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern road to White House 'verges on insane,' says Gingrich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Modern road to White House 'verges on insane,' says Gingrich Reply with quote

Quote:
Modern road to White House 'verges on insane,' says Gingrich
Unattributed
9:12 a.m. EDT, Wed August 8, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Potential presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich on Tuesday blasted the modern-day road to the White House as too long, too expensive and verging on "insane."

<snip>

"For the most powerful nation on Earth to have an election in which Swift Boat veterans versus National Guard papers becomes a major theme verges on insane," said Gingrich, referring to 2004 campaign controversies that targeted Kerry and President Bush.

CNN - cont'd

To compare the Swiftee's revelations of Kerry's fraudulent history and true character with Dan Rather's out-and-out fraud is an insult of the highest order.

I would suggest to Mr. Gingrich that it was the Swiftees and their courageous revelations that saved both him and this country from the insanity of a Kerry presidency.

Newt...sit down and shut up. Examining the character and the exposure of a posturing, pretentious, opportunistic lying fraud is FUNDAMENTAL to the process of electing a president and your highbrow disdain for truth-telling is feckless and shallow. You used to understand that.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newt is defintely losing many supporters as he seems to think that he and he alone can manage matters.

Truthfully exposing Kerry and fabricating documents in an attempt to unseat a sitting president are entirely different matters. If Newt can't see that, maybe he is in the wrong party.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. exposing the truth about a candidate to the voters vs perpetrating a fraud on those voters in order to influence the election.....seems like different strokes to me alright.
Tell the truth, I ain't never been as impressed with Newt as some folks seem to be.
Fred is looking pretty good so far, but I am still waiting to see who steps up to impress me. Thus far I am underwhelmed by them all.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle, while waiting for Fred, look up Duncan Hunter

Personally, I'm hoping for Hunter and Thompson both on the ticket, but for whatever reason, Hunter gets the least amount of coverage so far.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
baldeagle, while waiting for Fred, look up Duncan Hunter

Personally, I'm hoping for Hunter and Thompson both on the ticket, but for whatever reason, Hunter gets the least amount of coverage so far.

Yeah he sounds pretty good, but he's so far back in the pack that his chances of a breakout are practically nil.
We're still a long way out from any real votes yet (the only polls that actually count) so that may change, but it doesn't look very likely.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason it hasn't changed is that our lamestream media does everything in their power not to cover him.

Guiliani, McCain and Romney receive all the coverage while they seem prepped to trash Thompson, when and if he throws his hat in, officially.

In the meantime, many of us are doing what we can to get people to listen to and see Hunter, in spite of the lamestream media.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: