SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you to all veterans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Thank you to all veterans. Reply with quote

For my first post I would like to thank all the veterans who have served our country throughout the generations. As a 14-year Army Reservist and fourth generation U.S. military man (I might be Army, but my dad was Navy if that's any consolation to the Navy guys!) I have deep respect for anyone who has sacrificed for their country.

As for my generation (as an indicator of which, my godfather had to have a stand-in at my baptism because he was serving in Vietnam as part of a Short Range Ambush Patrol Battalion) I think we owe the respect the military now has to the hardships you faced on your return from Vietnam. The backlash from the way the government, WWII and Korean war veterans' organizations and a portion of the American public treated veterans returning from Vietnam has garnered continued support for the military and we owe a debt of gratitude to you for that.

JohnA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: