SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support the Troops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Support the Troops Reply with quote

OK, that's a pretty overworked subject, but by the time the sun comes up in the morning, I hope to be somewhere south of Champaign, IL on I-57 heading for Ft. Campbell, KY where my #2 kid is in labor with #10 grandkid in support of the Post Baby Boom which is pumping out around 200 new infantrymen per month and is expected not to slow down through December. In support of this effort, I come bearing 4 Delux Avanti's Gondolas (best freakin' sandwich on earth) because new moms need something better than Army Hospital Chow (or an MRE) after all that work. Besides, I think that Infantryman Dad can suck up two all by himself. Hey, better than cigars!

Very Happy
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't vouch for the sandwich, shipmate, since I have led a sheltered life and never sampled same, but I'll take the cigar, which I am a frequent sampler of. (and congrats on the new grandbaby)
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey snipe...congrats on #10! Wink
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So #10 - Sara Grace - came into the world at around 2100 on 14 Sep 07 at a strapping 9lb 1oz and complete with an Air Assualt Birth Certificate signed by the Commander of the 101st Airborne Division. One of 17 babies born at the Base Hospital that day. She came home the next day and I've had one heck of a weekend down at Fort Campbell.

It's such an upper spending time with Infantry familys.

Very Happy
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats snipe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: