SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lt. Kerry’s Lonely Hearts Club Band"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: "Lt. Kerry’s Lonely Hearts Club Band" Reply with quote

Can't think of a better way to start things rolling here again than some Grade A anti-Kerry snark from Boston's own Howie Carr...enjoy! (highlights mine)

Quote:
Lt. Kerry’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
By Howie Carr
September 16, 2007

If you thought Scaramouche was a pretentious name for Sen. John Forbes Kerry to give his 42-foot Nantucket gigolo boat, he’s gone and topped himself.

Liveshot has scuttled the name Scaramouche and rechristened it . . . Let It Be.

That’s right, the Beatles song. From Freddie Mercury to John Lennon. I’m telling you, you cannot make this stuff up.

Why “Let It Be?” My theory is the more appropriate Lennon-McCartney titles were taken: “Nowhere Man” and “I’m a Loser.” Not to mention “Fool on the Hill.”

<snip>

The Scaramouche, a Hinckley power boat that gets less than one mile per gallon of fuel, was just another boytoy toy Mama T bought him in 2002 with money from her first husband’s trust fund. Being John Kerry, he probably decided on the name Scaramouche without doing any research beyond hearing the Queen tune on an oldies radio station.

Later on, everybody checked out the real definition of Scaramouche. Here’s one from “Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase and Fable”: “A stock character in Italian farce. . . . A braggart and a fool, very valiant in words, but a poltroon.”

From “Benet’s Reader’s Encyclopedia”: “A braggart soldier.”

Well, Liveshot, if the Docksider fits. . .

When the 2004 campaign heated up, the Scaramouche was sent to dry dock, the Witness Protection Program of boats. Now it’s back and John apparently wanted a lame new name to reflect his latest boring hobby, the acoustic guitar.

Boston Herald - cont'd

"...drydock, the Witness Protection Program of boats." Ouch! Laughing Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be, Kerry, the Taxman, really saying I Want To Hold Your Hand to Lovely Rita Meter Maid, but getting stuck with Polythene Pam?

What really matters is that his plans for 2004 didn't Come Together, or we might be Back In The USSR.

He might have once thought Here Comes the Sun, but thanks to the Swift Vets, something akin to Maxwell's Silver Hammer giving him the Old Brown Shoe showing he couldn't Carry That Weight and his chances ended up in an Octopus's Garden.

Kerry was left mumbling Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey. He may be thinking Strawberry Fields Forever, but citizens of Massachusetts need to leave him in Misery, thinking I Should Have Known Better while applying to become a Paperback Writer.

Such is The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill. Confused Rolling Eyes
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
What really matters is that his plans for 2004 didn't Come Together, or we might be Back In The USSR.

Hehehe...good one! Laughing

From Me To You Lew, I Should Have Known Better that you'd be Fixing A Hole in Howie Carr's not quite exhaustive list Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From Me To You Lew, I Should Have Known Better that you'd be Fixing A Hole in Howie Carr's not quite exhaustive list

It was a The Long and Winding Road but, all I can think of when dealing with Kerry is Not a Second Time.

As for Howie Carr's list, I just had to or I'll Cry Instead When I Get Home Wink Embarassed Laughing
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe Burt Reynold's "Lets do something cheap and superficial". Twisted Evil
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny guys Wink

Scaramouche kerry aka Mr Lonely, is still Blowin’ In The Wind at Alice’s Restaurant , wondering Where Have All The Flowers Gone? !?

In his Deep Purple haze, in Dreams he wimpers…
if only, if only, If I Had A Hammer, darnso , I’d Hammer All Over This Land … that I was in Vietnam !

But he can’t stop Crying … CRYing...
‘cuz he got booboos, and shiny medals and Pretty Ribbons…..but he can’t get no R E S P E C T
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Kate, good going Laughing

I'm still hoping the people of Massachusetts tell Lurch, "Hit The Road, Jack."
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: "Lt Kerry's Lonely Hearts Club Band" Reply with quote

Lew, a lot of us in Mass have been hoping Kerry and Kennedy get told to "Hit the road" for a long time. We are hearing that he may have some strong competition in 08. One can only hope he does get the boot.

rhv5862
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any stop by Rush Limbaugh's, he has a Paul Shanklin spoof up, Lt. Kerry's Purple Hearts Club Band Laughing Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: