SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kerry says he’ll be ready next time"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pretty good Kerry-smackdown from Ric James at "Hoodathunk?" blog...enjoy!

Quote:
Why wait, John? Let’s see what you’ve got - 3 years after you said you’d provide it
Posted by Ric James on November 6th, 2007

It’s been over 3 years since John Kerry was challenged regarding his military exploits that were “seared, seared” into his memory. Never mind that the 1 memory he was referring to with that “seared” comment was so bogus even he had to admit he was making sh*t up. In all the time during the campaign for the 2004 Presidential elections, Kerry never once actually addressed the accusations made by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and, in spite of repeated promises to do so, he never released his service record to the media in general. (He made limited released to members of the MSM so friendly to him they may as well have been paid members of his campaign staff.)

So, 3 years after losing the election, Kerry now comes out saying that he’s armed and ready to go after the Swiftees “should they ever rear their ugly heads again”.
    Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, perhaps preparing to get back into the presidential ring one day, claims he’s now armed with materials that will make war record critics from his 2004 presidential campaign go running tail between legs.

The 63-year-old Democratic senator told The Patriot-Ledger on Tuesday that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group of Navy servicemen who served with Kerry and criticized his record in Vietnam, will be revealed as liars.

“We have put together a documented portfolio that frankly puts their lies in such a total light of absurdity and indecency, that should they ever rear their ugly heads again, we have every single ‘t’ crossed and ‘i’ dotted, and I welcome that in a sense,” Kerry said after addressing Boston’s South Shore Chamber of Commerce. “It’s a shame we weren’t able to produce all that at the time.”
Oh, this is too good. A man shown emphatically to be a liar many times over now claims that he’s managed - after 3 years of preparation - to come up with documentation that will prove the people who successfully questioned his veracity to be liars. Well, John, why wait? If you’ve documented everything, crossed every ‘t’ and dotted every ‘i’ as you say, then put out the goods. Let’s all see what you have, there, and we’ll just take a real good look at your proof. If it’s as good as you say, it should be an easy matter to determine that you’ve been horribly wronged and get your reputation back.

As for decrying the generation of the term “swift boating” as a synonym for “smear”, you can thank your allies in the MSM for that. Those of us on the right-hand side of the political spectrum don’t tend to use that term the way you and your buddies in the media do. So far as we’re concerned, the Swiftees didn’t “smear” you. Their allegations have been largely ignored and evaded by you and your team and a couple of them (think about Christmas in Cambodia again) have made you back off your earlier statements. That’s not smearing. That’s revealing. If it doesn’t make you look good, that’s not the Swiftees’ problem, it’s yours.

So, by all means. Bring those documents to light. Unless, of course, you don’t want them to be held up to too much scrutiny. We all know what that would imply, don’t we?

Hoodathunk?
Mustang0302
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Let's See What He's Got in That Dossier Reply with quote

Like a man with his hand in his pocket, yelling at everyone who comes near: "stay back, I've got a loaded pistol in here"...he'll eventually get backed into a corner, let out a panicky scream, and draw...a handful of lint.

I am still looking forward to that day.

Holy smokes, isn't "dosssssiyaay" French? Had to be "dossier"...not "file", or "pile of papers around here somewhere", or "in my briefcase under my hat"?

Thanks again, Swiftees. We're all in your debt.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, Mr. Benner today updated yesterday's followup story to include a new lede and the following addition...

Quote:
Kerry critics still aren’t convinced: Swift Boat members, others insist senator isn’t telling the truth

<snip>

Your Views

Do you think Sen. John Kerry has done enough to release all of his military records?

Write: Your Views, The Patriot Ledger, 400 Crown Colony Drive, Quincy, MA 02169
Fax: 617-786-7393
Call: 781-340-3156
E-mail: editpage@ledger.com
Please include your address and telephone number

The Patriot Ledger

Keep stirring the pot Mr. Benner...I like what's cooking.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry smeared Vietnam Vets, including his fellow Swifties, in the early '70s. In 2004 and now in 2007, he is again smearing the Swifties - as liars, blah blah blah.

Are the Swifties going to do anything about this? I suggest, at a minimum, a new edition of "Unfit for Command". The old edition has grown stale. Lots of personal accounts and information came out in reaction to it, that Kerry supporters now cite to "prove" it was "debunked" - especially as regards Kerry's corrupt medal-hunting, etc.

I'm sure the Swifties can answer all that info, but isn't it better to do it sooner than later? Nobody is getting much younger. A fresh act of "libel" (hah hah) could be just the thing to push Kerry into court, once and for all, where his records have to come out by subpoena.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_madeup wrote:
Are the Swifties going to do anything about this? I suggest, at a minimum, a new edition of "Unfit for Command". The old edition has grown stale...I'm sure the Swifties can answer all that info, but isn't it better to do it sooner than later?

I'm quite comfortable with the notion that SVPT has stood down as an organization, content in the knowledge that they played a large role in putting a final nail in the coffin of Kerry's presidential aspirations.

My preference for a post-"Unfit for Command" treatment would be from a reputable source other than the Swiftees themselves.

Perhaps a blogosphere collaboration of sorts from those well-versed in the issues. Many come to mind...Beldar, Byron York, McQ, our own NavyChief and Jeff Carrington (do a search for some of his incredible stuff right here).

I know it will be coming...but when? Who knows...and Kerry's presidential prospects are near zero to give it any impetus in the short term.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swifties gave us all a much needed lesson in grassroots efforts. They stood tall and earned their retirement.

If, for any reason, no matter how far fetched, Kerry were able to counter anything the guys said, what will he do about the thousands of the rest of us who recall his post-Vietnam actions and conduct? Surely he couldn't build dossiers on all of the Viet Nam Vets who despise him and will prevent him from ever seeing the Oval Office, except as a visiter?

All of us who served and despise the man should be willing to take a stand and put our thousands of voices together against him. It is easy to ignor and condemn a couple hundred. Can they with a few thousand?
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU guys done good, #1! If it hadn't been for all you swiftvets, I'd never gotten involved in anything. Thank you from the bottom of this young man's heart......Love all yall.

*salute*

garryowen
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
garryowen

Gary owen?
Isn't that Custer's marching song?
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
streetsweeper95B wrote:
garryowen

Gary owen?

Uh...yup, except its "garryowen" (gerri ah eon) an Irish fighting song not Gary Owen. garryowen was adapted by Custer & the 7th Cavalry Regiment in 1873.

http://www.us7thcavalry.com/legend.htm

"You ain't Cav if you ain't...****"
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with that explaination, go check it out. *salute* Not balute, either, LOL!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
YOU guys done good, #1!

Just for the record street, I'm not a Swiftee...nor are any of the other forum staff...but thanks for the undeserved compliment Wink
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
BuffaloJack wrote:
streetsweeper95B wrote:
garryowen

Gary owen?

Uh...yup, except its "garryowen" (gerri ah eon) an Irish fighting song not Gary Owen. garryowen was adapted by Custer & the 7th Cavalry Regiment in 1873.

http://www.us7thcavalry.com/legend.htm

"You ain't Cav if you ain't...****"

I always heard it was a Irish drinking song not a fighting song!

Then again what's the difference?
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Just for the record street, I'm not a Swiftee...nor are any of the other forum staff...but thanks for the undeserved compliment

Then here's a deserved compliment......."You guys are doing good.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
streetsweeper95B wrote:
YOU guys done good, #1!

Just for the record street, I'm not a Swiftee...nor are any of the other forum staff...but thanks for the undeserved compliment Wink

Me#1You#10,
Just for the record. This site and its staff were just as important as the Swiftees and POWs themselves. It was a focal point for the work, and you can't tell me that the left didn't try every means at their disposal to make it difficult for you. It is appreciated, and I am a Swiftee.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gents...it is a continuing honor and pleasure.

...and now...back to our topic Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: