SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Data on how many stations cancelled ad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: look at the bigger picture. Reply with quote

Kevins wrote: "These officers get on who never served on Kerry’s boat saying “I served with Kerry,”

It is important to know that these 6-man Swift Boats were not Lone Rangers. They went out in clusters of three or four boats. There were always 18-24 witnesses to all activities. Swift boats had one officer and five enlisted men. Evidence shows that about 19 of the 20 officers in charge (the brothers) are speaking out Kerry, with only one for. More than five enlisted men observed the Kerry conduct, and that includes doctors, superior officers, etc.

The Kevin argument is weak, and self evident of shallow thinking, not having the ability to examine the dots, moreless the imagination to connect the dots.
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
If the opinions of those who were officers with Kerry, rather than on the same boat, are so unimportant, why did Kerry use a photo of those officers in his ads???????

Too bad those being attacked for not being on the same boat weren't able to whip out that photo to show that Kerry thought being associated with them was a positive thing. If he'd thought their opinions didn't count, he wouldn't have used the photo. And then he found out what they REALLY though.

This is a good point and one more example of the disdain he and his campaign team holds for his fellow vets. No one even thought to think about how people will react to the use of their photo to support the leader of the VAW in his Presidential Bid. They either figured the other guys wouldn't notice, wouldn't care - or maybe that they didn't really exist. Alternatively - whomever decided to run with that photo - is so far out of touch - they don't understand or comprehend how some might take offense. Regardless - it's very telling about how Kerry and his campaign team operate.

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
I found this at http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_tv.html:

Only One TV Station Caves to Pro-Kerry Pressure

August 6, 2004 -- Despite enormous pressure from Democratic and pro-Kerry sources (including DNC and Kerry lawyers), only one TV station has caved in, deciding not to run the blistering anti-Kerry ad produced by the Swift Vote Veterans for Truth. The now well-known ad counters Sen. Kerry's Vietnam "War Hero" status.

The sole station to refuse the advertisement from the “527” group is WBAY, ABC Channel 2, in Green Bay, Wisconsin, a key battle state.

In an interview with HUMAN EVENTS, WBAY President and General Manager Don Carmichael confirmed that the station will not be running the ad "on advice of counsel."

Pressed on the substance of their lawyers' advice, Mr. Carmichael stated that after reviewing the affidavits of the veterans, seeing the commercial, and hearing the pro-Kerry "counter-claims," his station decided to refuse the ad.

Mr. Carmichael declined to elaborate on the "counter-claims," including whether the threatening letter from DNC and Kerry lawyers or today’s Boston Globe article were among those claims. Carmichael also stated that the station does not plan to review its decision.

To air your views on WBAY’s decision to ban the ad, call them at 920-432-3331 or email them at wbay@wbay.com.

From at post @ FreeRep [ wonder how many calls / emails WBAY got ]
WBAY Green Bay, WI Will RUN Swift Boat Vet Ad!!!!

Posted on 08/09/2004 3:34:46 PM PDT by xxxxx
On August 6, I sent an email to Don Carmichael, General Station Manager of WBAY, Green Bay, WI, protesting their "pulling" the Swift Boat Veterans ad, exposing Kerry's lies about many of his VietNam "recollections".

I just received a response from Mr. Carmichael stating that "WBAY is accepting the ad". I KNEW you could do it Green Bay!! It just isn't right to go all spineless up there in the land of Vince Lombardi!!!!!!!

forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called over the weekend after reading your post and ended up talking with I belive, one of the news anchors. She had no idea about the stations decision to not play the ad. I asked her as kindly and passinately as I could to at least check out the site and spend some time reviewing the alegations and perhaps do a story on it. I don't know what happened or will happen from that, but I wonder if the local stations will be our friends verses their big brother bosses.
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had not seen the Swiftboat ads played this past weekend so I called our NBC affiliate first to inquire.. They are playing. Swiftees sent in all the legal paperwork and everything they needed to satisfy the station's lawyer. It's "Bonafide" In fact, all the local stations are playing the ads. They just need the money to continue to broadcast. Right now they don't have the greatest spots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: