SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Swift Boat issue becomes crucial to Kerry anew"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: "Swift Boat issue becomes crucial to Kerry anew" Reply with quote

I had conjectured several news cycles ago when the Patriot Ledger article first quoted Kerry's "I have a dossier ready" comment that it might be more reflective of Kerry's concern about his current Senate race.

Sasha Issenberg of The Globe adds some meat to that bone, as another Mass Democrat surfaces to challenge Kerry for his seat...and just GUESS what HE'S sayin'...

Quote:
Swift Boat issue becomes crucial to Kerry anew
By Sasha Issenberg
Globe Staff / November 21, 2007

<snip>

For Kerry, the public showdown with Pickens represents not only a belated engagement with old antagonists, but also an early strike against a Democratic primary opponent who signaled Monday that he welcomes the scrutiny of Kerry's military record initiated by the Swift Boat ad campaign in 2004.

"It goes to his credibility," said Ed O'Reilly, a Gloucester lawyer mounting a challenge to Kerry in the Democratic primary. "It needs to be cleared up."

<snip>

As it stands, the man most welcoming of the return to the conflicts of 2004 is O'Reilly, who is attacking Kerry as not opposing the Iraq war strongly enough and says that the issues raised by the Swift Boat ads reflect on Kerry's character.

"I don't want to dwell too much on the past, but he keeps going back 40 years and bringing it up, bringing it up," said O'Reilly. "He keeps talking about it."

Boston Globe - cont'd
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the more often Kerry talks about it the deeper he sinks his own boat!
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RacerJim wrote:
And the more often Kerry talks about it the deeper he sinks his own boat!

YUP!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good.

Democratic MA senate candidate Ed O'Reilly has purportedly responded directly to the nutroot uproar unleashed by his comments in the recent Globe story. In a forum which will remain unnamed and unlinked to here, Mr. O'Reilly stands his ground and throws even more rhetorical oil
onto the leftist inferno of outraged indignation. The Kerry nutroots are apoplectic and are calling for his political head on a platter...enjoy!

Quote:
Ed O'Reilly Responds

I am going to attempt to go through each point raised by this article with the hope that we have honest and open dialogue rather than reactionary bursts.

Let's start with the fact that it was John Kerry who initiated all of this recent Swift Boat discussion when he stated earlier this month as quoted by the Wall Street journal (sic) "We have put together a documented portfolio that frankly puts their lies in such a total light of absurdity and indecency, that should they ever rear their ugly heads again, we have every single 't' crossed and 'i' dotted, and I welcome that in a sense," Kerry said.

John Kerry welcomed this discussion and along it came. There is no doubt this issue goes to John Kerry's credibility and it needs to be cleared up, as I stated. It is John Kerry that welcomes this opportunity and I join with his assertion that the truth must finally be found and the issue be put to rest.

This is an important stance for John Kerry to make now because he may be positioning himself for a another run for the White House in 2012 as reported by the Quincy Patriot Legdge (sic)

If John Kerry was not positioning himself for another run at the White House (or lining up as a potential VP candidate), why would he be putting a documented portfolio together? Why did he call for the challenge? It is John Kerry who has brought this issue back up to "clear it up" and not me.

I was a long time supporter of John Kerry's and much of that was because of his service in Vietnam. My brother and my cousin both served in Vietnam and many of the older kids from Watertown served and some have life long disabilities and others never made it home to their loved ones.

I am sickened by people like George Bush who had his records destroyed, went AWOL and now has the audacity to claim he is some sort of great military leader. The same goes for Cheney, Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld. We should be looking at international investigations having to do with the actions of these people.

The people who served with John were heroes and I respect and thank them for their service as I do John Kerry. I will never forget the way these young men and women were treated when they came home from serving our country.

John Kerry has opened this wound and made the first challenge this time around. He doesn't need a portfolio.

All John Kerry needs to do is release his original discharge papers showing whether or not he was honorably discharged or was given a general discharge. It is really that simple. Once he produces the honorable discharge at the time of his discharge, together with the "exit interview", all of this will be past us.

Since John Kerry now has the portfolio and all of the t's are crossed and the i's dotted, I assume John Kerry now has that documentation. He should just show it and end this issue and move on. We don't need more division.

As I said, credibility is at issue and I want John Kerry to take the high road and show his crediblity and show the Honorable Discharge Papers he must now have.

Let me just say that as a long time John Kerry supporter (I even introduced him at a fundraiser about 15 years ago), I was completely disillusioned by his vote to authorize military action in Iraq. It was not that he made a mistake. John Kerry sent people to war for his own political personal ambitions and my feelings on this were confirmed by Robert Shrum, Kerry's Chief Political Strategist from 2004.

As someone from a family who has suffered from the effects of the Vietnam War, I don't know how a human being can send people to war based upon his own personal and political ambitions. What kind of man would do that?

I also became disenchanted with John Kerry when I found out the medals he threw over the wall weren't even his own and that he had a video shoot of himself in Vietnam. As with 99% of all Vietnam Vet families, we have no home made movies.

The Kerry people have already gotten all my voting records as part of their opposition research. Suffice it to say, I was co-chairman of a County wide Campaign for a Democratic Candidate a couple of years ago. I have sent donations to Democrats for years. I held a fundraiser at my home for Shannon O'Brien, a Democrat who ran for Governor of Massachusetts few years ago. Please just call the Gloucester City Clerk and you'll find I am a Democrat. In fact, I am a passionate Democrat and want to be sure we have the strongest Democrat in the U.S. Senate in 08 from Massachusetts.

In fact, I am the only Candidate for the U.S. Senate who reflects the platform of the Massachusetts Democratic Party. John Kerry does not. I am a Massachusetts Democrat in every sense of the word.

Please visit my website Ed O'Reilly

<snip>Irrelevant demo policy chatter

There is really something wrong here and crediblity is an issue. How can the Senate be too busy not to take steps to fund children's health care?

John Kerry talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. We need Democrats who will fight every day and not just jump in front of cameras or reporters.

In summary, I call upon Senator Kerry to release his original discharge papers and exit interview from the time he was discharged and stop bringing this issue up. He is the one who "keeps bringing it up and bringing it up".

We have a whole lot of work to do when he gets back from this vacation. In fact, we have a campaign going and I am anxious to debate him on our differences over Iraq, Health Care, Marriage Equality and Special Interest Influence in Washington. I am a true Massachusetts Democrat. He is not.

I am also calling upon John Kerry to please let me know if he has any major ski trips planned or other vacations so that I can work my campaign schedule around his hectic life.

Ed O'Reilly
A Massachusetts Democrat for the U.S. Senate
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yawn...

John FRAUD Kerry needs to come clean on much more than just his original discharge and exit interview in order to clear up and end this matter once and for all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: