SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On the subject of "vetting" the Vets.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: On the subject of "vetting" the Vets. Reply with quote

I was looking at a post in Swift Boat forum, where "Truth108" got the MOS designation both incorrect and mismatched with his claimed rank, and didn't know what a PLF was, an odd thing for someone who claimed to have jumped out of planes.

Well, obviously he isn't actually a Vet.

No surprise really...
They probably don't have a whole lot of Vets over at ** (where these trolls are coming from) and the few they do have wouldn't piss on other Vets the way these trolls are doing.

This all begs the question; does this board think it's important to know who is a Vet and who isn't, and if so, how do we determine that?

If it is determined that knowing who is a Vet and who isn't, probably the only practical way of doing so is for the members to form a group from various time periods (I'm from the 80's), who would be in a position to talk with a purported Vet and determine of he can be verified.

At that point, a title can be placed under their screen names saying "Verified" or something to that effect. This forum software does support that.

Forums can also be made "members only", so that you have to have a password to get in, should that be determined to be desireable.

That's all for now. Y'all can chew that over.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Vets only should be a "Private Forum" and only open to those who provide admin with a DD-214 or other document that can verify service like a Retired ID Card, SFA Membership Card, VFW, American Legion Membership, Amvets, DAV or MOPH cards. If not, we will be inundated with wanabees and trolls.
DELTREE
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakona, the only thing that so called Truth108 jumped out of was his bed in the "nut house". That thing is a Psychopath! how the hell are you or any other vet going to hold an intelligent conversation with that Psycho (nut)?
He is nothing but a Communist stooge!
The only thing he/she is, is a verified Psycho (nut).
Just one lie after another and I think he/she is starting to believe them.
Thats the way a Psychopath is.
Take Care and GOD Bless the American Vet Very Happy
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question
So nakona ;
Quote:
They probably don't have a whole lot of Vets over at ** (where these trolls are coming from) and the few they do have wouldn't piss on other Vets the way these trolls are doing.

Are you suggesting a "Doolittle Raid" on their Imperial-blue blooded-and just plain-better than us message board Question Very Happy

Just for sh!tz and giggles of course......

I would suggest posting links to specific threads so people can pop up under their radar then return to discuss the situation.

hey,
It could all be fun for all.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airedale, it wouldn't work. At DU if you post anything at all that isn't in line with their hate filled retoric, you are banned instantly. Most that try only last 10 to 15 minutes. Some more, some less.

Besides, I do believe that the Administrator or the Moderators here would ever suggest or go along with the same techniques or tactics that the trolls us on us!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
airedale, it wouldn't work. At DU if you post anything at all that isn't in line with their hate filled retoric, you are banned instantly. Most that try only last 10 to 15 minutes. Some more, some less.

Besides, I do believe that the Administrator or the Moderators here would ever suggest or go along with the same techniques or tactics that the trolls us on us!

Woof!

Dog,

As much as I depise trolls, weasels, and collectivists I'd never never support the totalitarian regime envisioned by Kerry and Demunderground worms.

I've begun to wonder if our 2 political parties should be renamed.

1. The American Individualist Party
2. The Collectivist UN Totalitarian Party of America....I let you decide what acronym would be appropriate for them! Razz Razz Razz

Oh Well....The fight has been going on since at least 1776. Hang in there!

Measured and Responsible Free Speech
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
No soap huh?

so much for my plan of posting under the screenname

Twisted Evil BOHICA Kerry ! Twisted Evil

Very Happy
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was banned from DU, within a half-hour, for asking mildly phrased questions. Apparently, my questions were too subversive.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakona wrote:
I was banned from DU, within a half-hour, for asking mildly phrased questions. Apparently, my questions were too subversive.

Yup! Subversive:
Quote:

Main Entry: 1sub·ver·sive Pronunciation Guide
Pronunciation: ]s]iv, ]v also ]z] or ]v
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin subversus (past. participle of subvertere) + English -ive
: tending to subvert : having a tendency to overthrow, upset, or destroy <hypocrisy is a vice subversive of manhood>; especially : intended to cause the overthrow of a government by unlawful means- sub·ver·sive·ly \]vl, -li\ adverb
- sub·ver·sive·ness \]ivns, ]v- also ]v-\ noun -es

Nakano, you're not subversive. You're defending liberty. The subversives of liberty are subverting your right to voice your constitutionally endowed right to measured and respectful expression of free speech. Laughing

The left wing in this country represent collectivist totaliarian repression, not liberty, justice, and equal opportunity. Mad

Hang in! Bro.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left in this country seems blissfully unaware of how much of their past was driven by the KGB and Comintern
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Wannabes will be found out. Reply with quote

The nice thing about telling the truth is you don't have to keep up with lies.

Any Vietnam Vet knows what O.B. is.
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what O.B. stands for. (or don't remember)
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
Woof!

Yeah, but you know what the cool thing in that is? I work for a fairly large corporation (3rd shift IT) ....... I am literally surrounded by card carrying DU members ..... they ban by IP and I made one post, so they banned our corporate IP Laughing Needless to say, I have several co-workers unhappy with me Wink So, if you have a static IP where you work, by all means, post there atleast once Cool
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tngator wrote:
So, if you have a static IP where you work, by all means, post there atleast once Cool

That's priceless! Laughing
RIslander
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just went over and checked the DU site out. It is more than apparent where the mentally ill went after the ACLU just about closed down most of the mental health institutions in this country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: