SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What am I missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: What am I missing? Reply with quote

Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace had Huckabee on. Chris stated that the other night he stated that he supported the surge in Iraq. Chris quoted him in Jan. 07 where he stated that he opposed the surge. Mc Cain in yesterdays debate stated again that his illegal imigration stance was not amnesty. I do not think that anyone believes that it is nothing but amnesty. Mc Cain also attacked Romney for being the canidate of change. My opinion is that if 80% of the American people want the government to do something about immigration and oppose amnesty them Mc Cain should seriously consider change in his own stance. It is obvious that he is not and will not. He keeps defending his position. I do not support Romney but I do not consider his ads attack ads. All they do is inform the American people of the other canidates record. If he is lying then it is up to the cannidate to refute the ad not attack the messenger. To me there are many ways these canidates lie to theAmerican people and we need to let them know that we are not going to put up with it.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What am I missing? Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
Mc Cain in yesterdays debate stated again that his illegal imigration stance was not amnesty. I do not think that anyone believes that it is nothing but amnesty.

Semantics and sophistry. You can see in his demeanor that McCain is uncomfortable in dealing with that subject. When cornered and identified as a supporter of an unpopular position, deny it and redefine the offending word. In McCain's case, redefine amnesty. In Kerry's case, redefine "public disclosure". Then deny, deny, deny and hope that the sops in the MSM will give you a pass.

ocsparky101 wrote:
Mc Cain also attacked Romney for being the canidate of change.

Probably the cheapest shot of the campaign thus far, and McCain's self-delight in the quip was shared by few.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101,
The other morning I was watching the Washington Journal show on C-Span, and they interviewed the head of a new website called Politifact. On that website, you can see how each ad is rated and which candidates are telling the truth. From what I've seen, it appears to be neutral which is very refreshing. I have bookmarked it for the upcoming election cycle!!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:
From what I've seen, it appears to be neutral which is very refreshing. I have bookmarked it for the upcoming election cycle!!

NW, interestingly enough I went there to find how it deals with McCain and his posturing on the "immigration" issue and they don't appear to address that at all. My antennae are raised (but perhaps I missed it).
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, they do seem neutral, but not infallible. I saw an article from November stating that of all the candidates, only McCain was a "Combat Veteran." I think Duncan Hunter, with two tours in Viet Nam, might question that claim.

I too bookmarked the site and will watch and contact them as needed, which they ask readers to do.

I especially liked the "pants on fire" section Laughing
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the interview I watched, he said that they take as long as they need to check things out and that they work in conjunction with the folks at the Congressional Record (I think that is what I remember Confused ). I like the pants on fire, too. Did you notice that Joe Biden was a two-time winner of that distinction!! I also like how they show that a statement is mostly true, mostly false etc! Twisted Evil

Yes, I agree, let's keep watch on them. I'd love to see how they would have taken on the Swiftboats and what they would have used as evidence pro and con. Now, THAT would be a true test, in my opinion!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: