SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftvets and POWs for truth attacked again on HC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Swiftvets and POWs for truth attacked again on HC Reply with quote

The Swiftvets and POWs were attacked again and compared to the Vietnam Veterans against John Mc Cain. They said that it is god that this time it is a republican attacked. As usual Sean kept his mouth shut.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Hannity is...well...let's put it this way. If he didn't have his name written down in copy for him to read or platitudes to regurgitate, when he opens his mouth, nothing would come out. Colmes runs circles around him in terms of intellectual stamina and it's embarrassing that he's held in such apparent conservative esteem.

However, he does do some good in raising support for wounded vets, so I'll refrain from further comment.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, during the last national election, a lot of us learned the hard lessons when it comes to Sean Hannity. He's just as good at ignoring facts that interfere with his current pet theory as any liberal is.

He's decorative, but even that is fading, as it must for us all. When that is gone, he won't have anything left to keep him marketable.

At least Colmes has the courage of his convictions. Hannity doesn't seem particulary convicted about anything - especially not over the long haul.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Fox first ran the story of the Ted Sampley group against McCain, did any of you notice that they used the Swiftboat Vets logo underneath the box showing what they were saying about McCain?

I was furious that they were implying that it was OUR Swiftvets who were attacking McCain!!! Perhaps some of our folks are in that group, but it is totally unfair for FOX to use the official Swiftboat Veterans for Truth logo.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:
I was furious that they were implying that it was OUR Swiftvets who were attacking McCain!!! Perhaps some of our folks are in that group...

NW, to the best of my knowledge, I don't know of any Swiftvet that has aligned themself with Ted Sampley's organization. In fact, Wey Semmes recently described that organization's attack on McCain as "shameful". Nor do I believe that any of the POWs that publicly aligned themselves with SVPT are supporting Sampley's campaign

Quote:
, but it is totally unfair for FOX to use the official Swiftboat Veterans for Truth logo.

I missed the segment but I assume they were showing the ad itself which contained the doctored SVPT logo, no?
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to some interesting tidbits on Sampley. While I can't vouche for the veracity of the chapter, I am highly confident SVPT would never align themselves with this type of activism. SVPT simply has too much class:

Prisoners of Hope, by Susan Katz Keating

It will always be an problem that the uneducated or unfamiliar will lump Vets together without doing the research.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally tracked down a picture of their ad on TPMMUCKRAKER and I apologize to FOX NEWS!

It was the ad itself that had the Swiftboat logo that is used on this site. However, they blew the image up and it looks like it says "Swift Boot" instead of "Swiftboat".

Looks like I got mad at Fox News for the wrong thing. I thought they were doing the association between this group and Swiftboat Veterans!! Sorry, everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: