SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John McCain or Mitt Romney
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Stevie.

Lotsa considerations playing tug of war in my personal deliberations these days. I just happened to be listening to Rush while out driving for a bit (I'm not a regular Rush listener btw) and a caller was discussing what she thought was Rush's position on the possibility of NOT VOTING were certain GOP candidates to garner the nomination.

Rush didn't totally rule out that possibility on the grounds that he might be inclined to prefer a Demo as opposed to a RINO in the office for 4 years so that any blame (my parapharase) for the ensuing debacle might fall solely on Demo shoulders.

However, looming over that consideration was the pending appointment(s) to the USSC. While a "RINO" would probably not fight the fight that needs to be fought in that regard, we could at least hope that he wouldn't roll over totally and nominate a dyed-in-the-wool liberal(s).
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much prefer a true conservative to any RINO, and I thought Romney would be okay - not my favorite, but okay - right up until his message to the American people which spoke about his religious beliefs.

The man either does not know what his church teaches, or he does not believe what his church teaches, or he deliberately crafted every word in that presentation in order to mislead evangelical Christians.

Seems ssssssso sssssslick.

Worries me.

Still, I would by far rather have him than McCain.

This whole process is really stinking right about now - the two best candidates out of the running with not even a handful of tiny little primaries run. Confused The vast majority of us never even get a say in who is elected.
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: A Dark Horse is Available Reply with quote

Newt is in the wings, and looking for an opportunity.

Maybe this year we will actually have a nominating convention, instead of a coronation. I can remember when the two nominees were actually chosen at the convention and the real campaigning did not start until the conventions were over.

Newt is a grass roots conservative, and has a great loyal following among all conservatives. Plus the Dems hate him because he actually followed through on his Contract With America and got policy changes in Washington.

Our only hope for a real Reagan conservative is to emerge from this nominating season with no clear winner, got to a brokered convention, and the delegates choose Newt!

Other than that we are stuck with a bunch of liberals from both parties.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmckay8497 wrote:
Our only hope for a real Reagan conservative is to emerge from this nominating season with no clear winner, got to a brokered convention, and the delegates choose Newt!

I don't know if you watched the "debate" between Newt and Jean Fraud last year or not, but Newt rolled over on the issue of global warmism.

That cooled my feelings about Newt considerably. Coupled with his open disdain for the SVPT campaign and his yearning for political comity (which means rolling over for the liberals/leftists now in control who have stricken the word "comity" from their vocabulary), he's way down my list these days.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what disappoints me this year in the republican nominations is none of them seem to really want it other than McCain and he is someone I consider as a democrat rather than a republican. (and just too damn old to ever get the nomination, if there is an age limit on what age you should be President I think there should be an age limit also).

I listen to Rush on occasion and am disappointed in his comments and I can be believe that someone would NOT vote because I still believe anyone is better than Hillary Clinton or Barak Obama. It scares me to consider either of those as candidates, but then anyone Ted Kennedy or John Kerry recommends should scare anyone off from voting.

Out of all the active candidates I would prefer Rudy over Mitt and anyone over McCain. But I can understand why people say they would stay home if McCain was elected, but that is not something that I would ever even consider to do.

I really disapprove when people say the fight is over because we do not know who will become the VP and if McCain is by chance the choice by the GOP then I sure the hell hope he picks a good VP because with his age he could drop at any time...I know that sounds horrible but it is the only hope I have to offer for McCain for President.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On & On & On & On & On we go.

If you think you had enough of the Clinton's two terms, with Billary looking for more. The Bush, three terms with Jeb potentially adding more terms to the Bush dynasty. Just think about the potential Romney dynasty, five sons born in 70, 71, 75, 78, and 81.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
On & On & On & On & On we go.

If you think you had enough of the Clinton's two terms, with Billary looking for more. The Bush, three terms with Jeb potentially adding more terms to the Bush dynasty. Just think about the potential Romney dynasty, five sons born in 70, 71, 75, 78, and 81.

Not to worry, the Mayans said the world would end in 2012. That's only a few yrs. off now.
Heck, I can almost hold my breath that long. Very Happy

Dusty
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Not to worry, the Mayans said the world would end in 2012. That's only a few yrs. off now. Heck, I can almost hold my breath that long. Very Happy

Dusty

Least you forget Dusty, a new world is set to occur 2017 with the advent of the Trans Texas Corridor (state built NAFTA Super Corridor) & North American Union from what I've gathered while out & about scouting the nefarious left & listening to the rails....

Never one to be a doomsayer, but somethings afoot here that nobody should ignore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: