SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romney dropping out of race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Romney dropping out of race Reply with quote

And then there were two. Get em Huck.

Dusty
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am saddened.
Romney's CPAC speech showed great class and love for our country.
And I think it says volumes that CPAC attendees have to be admonished: Don't Boo McCain
when he speaks to them this afternoon.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making a conservative speech today doesn't erase his years of underminng the very principles he will be speaking in favor of.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is a sad day in history when all we have left to choose from is 4 liberal democrats and none of them man or women enough to be presidental. Guess I should get used to living on less as there goes our tax cuts and here comes higher gas prices.

I see no difference in the 4 remaining candidates and I will write in a name because I will NOT vote for John McCan and he better find his true "friends" because those of us he is wanting to come to his side...well some of us just aint gonna due it just for party sake. The GOP should have given us better, stronger and a person who was willing to fight til the end to get there. How dare McCain suggest we should just jump on his bandwagon when he left the road a long time ago and left us out to dry on every issue he could.

My vote is not going to McCain. There is no way I can consider holding my nose and voting for this idiot. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Twisted Evil
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
My vote is not going to McCain. There is no way I can consider holding my nose and voting for this idiot. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Twisted Evil

Theresa, you are of course entitled to do with your vote (or non-vote) as you please...but administrations come and go relatively quickly.

Supreme Court Justices, OTOH, appear to share some genetic material with Methuselah.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you folks who cannot bring yourselves to vote for John McCain under any circumstances, ponder this scenario for the next (possible) 8 years.
1. 3 or 4 more Ruth Bader Ginsbergs sitting on the Supreme Court for the next generation.
2. Another Madelline Albright as SecState
3. Another Janet Reno as AG
4. Another Surgeon General who thinks 3rd and 4th graders should be taught masturbation techniques.
5. The White House trashed and defiled for another time
6. The Military gutted, sliced and diced and reduced to being gofers for the "Billary" duo again.

Or in the case of an Obama win, the Lord only knows what kind of people he will put in charge of running our government, it could be worse than your worst nightmare.

No matter how little you think of McCain, he is infinitely better than the alternative.
And every vote not cast for McCain means a vote for Hillary or Obama not countered, or IOW a vote FOR them.

Something to think about.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short order....If you don't vote? Quitcherbellyachin'
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or picture this nightmare someone sent me in an email.
Last night I had the strangest dream. It was so real, so life-like and so vivid I woke up in a cold sweat. Let me describe it to you briefly...
1. Hillary wins the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States
2. Naturally, she wants to choose as her running mate someone with a lot of knowledge and experience in government and foreign affairs, someone who is a seasoned campaigner who could bring a lot of strength to the ticket. Who better than Bill, her husband?!!!
3. Hill and Bill go on to win the election in November and the Democrats maintain control of the House and the Senate.
4. Hillary is sworn in as President on January 20, 2009. The next day, after all the inauguration parties are over, she calls a press conference to make an announcement: she is resigning as President!!! Bill, as the Vice President, immediately becomes President!!! This is all perfectly legal under the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, for it states that "no person may be elected as president more than twice". Bill is not being elected for a third term but is merely serving out the remainder of Hillary's term---all 4 years of it.

5. But wait! There's more! The following day Bill calls a press conference to make an announcement. He has chosen someone to fill the now-vacant office of Vice President. Guess who he picks? Why, Hillary, of course!!! And she would still be able to run for president again!!!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no simple easy answer of who to vote for. We surely do not want Hillary or Obama in, but are we so sure a McCain presidency would really be that much better?

He speaks of continuing the fight in Iraq, but what good is it if he grants amnesty to illegals and closes Gitmo, bringing terrorists upon our soil, thereby granting them full constitutional rights and I'm sure bringing out the ACLU who will no doubt line up to defend and free them all to roam around America?

McCain who opposed the Bush tax cuts because, "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us at the expense of middle-class Americans who most need tax relief," and now claims, "I disagreed when we had tax cuts without spending restraint."

McCain, co-sponsor of McCain-Kennedy-Edwards, McCain-Lieberman, McCain-Kennedy, McCain-ACLU and McCain-Feingold .

McCain who helped John Kerry bury the MIA/POW issue without a full accounting, which resulted in a cousin of Kerry's gaining a multi-billion dollar contract for constructing a deep sea port in Vung Tau. (coincidence, I'm sure).

Can we trust him to appoint strong conservative judges, after his undermining their appointments with his "gang of 14" and saying of Judge Alito, "he wouldn't appoint justices like Alito because he wears his conservatism on his sleeve?

Conservatives have 5 decades of caving to Moderates and helping elect presidents simply because they wore the "R" behind their name. One president was truly conservative, Ronald Reagan, and the party today seems to be fleeing from his programs while embellishing his name.

McCain made a very eloquent speech today, but he didn't specifically address any actual area where he has abandoned conservatives in the past.

I do not desire to see a Democrat administration, but don't see a big difference with a McCain administration either. Will he stand up to Democrats or reach across the aisle and cave, as in the past?

Like many conservatives, I haven't made up my mind what to do in November. But, I do know that demands and guilt trips laid out to scare me into voting for a RINO will not work. It will only entice me to not vote at all.

Talk radio pundits keep saying it is up to candidates to get their message out on their own and "break out." McCain came from far behind to the front with the help of Liberals, not conservatives. Now, it is up to McCain himself to "break out" to conservatives and earn our votes.

No more free rides to elect moderates or RINO's.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is "not voting" a good way to honor the hundreds of thousands of our fellow veterans who died defending this right?

Think of just one of your buddies who didn't come back from Vietnam, who would give anything to be able to vote in November.

"Petulant" also comes to mind. Don't bother looking it up if you are from Rio Linda. It means picking up your football and going home when you don't like the way the game is going.

Sorry if I'm in a foul mood. First the Patriots, then Mitt (to say nothing of having Kerry & Kennedy represent me forever).

I've moved out of this state three times so far, but keep coming back. Am I crazy?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
There is no simple easy answer of who to vote for. We surely do not want Hillary or Obama in, but are we so sure a McCain presidency would really be that much better?

Of course we can't be sure of that Lew, but you're acknowledging, I think, the probability that we can (at least) frame the discussion in degrees of "better"? That's a considerable improvement (as I see it) over 4 years contemplating degrees of "worse" as the Judiciary is force fed liberals in black robes.

Administrations come and go Lew, but the "Judiciary", like the government bureaucracy itself, endures. Reason enough (as I see it) to not only vote, but to be pro-active in working against (if you want) handing leftist ideologues the keys to the city.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that the scare tactis of making me feel like I must set aside what I feel in my gut is wrong and vote for the lesser of two evils????

It seems as if my party has left me and my blue collar and does not give a damn about what is right. John McCain is NOT the right person for a President. I should not be made to feel like I am being forced to vote for a man whom I do not respect, do not like, nor trust just to further the party along. Senator McCain has done EVERYTHING in his power to lean as far left as he could without any consideration for those of us on the right, now HE and EVERYONE else expects us to fall in line like dutiful children to stop Hillary or Obama from getting the presidency? If he was so damn concern about the party he would have considered ALL of the party and where in the hell does he get off expecting all us to call vote for him because he is the GOP candidate? I have yet to know anyone that vote in the republican GOP who actually casted a vote for Senator McCain.

I am mad. Mad as hell. I could have vote for any other GOP candidate expect this one. Senator McCain has does everything but flip us off and now he calls us "friends" and expects us to just vote for him because we were somehow lucky to have him remain as a republican?

I have said in earlier post that you can not be a one issue voter, but his is more than one issue. This is almost issue he has voted against or gone against the GOP.

Somehow we can not question nor ask questions and expect answers because he was a POW and a veteran. Well I know lots of veterans and being one myself I am not going to let him get off that easy. I am tired of hearing about his "great service" to the country, well it is not an excuse and he needs to answer for his voting record and stance on all the issues and not just his support of the Iraq war. That is only ONE issue.

I never expected McCain to the front runner and just mad as hell that the MSM once again played a hugh role in this and most people just do not look past what the media is presenting. How in the heck did it come to McCain as the answer to any questiion let alone who will be the GOP nominee? Am I that out of sync with my party?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: