SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hillary - Hatcheting a New Plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Hillary - Hatcheting a New Plan Reply with quote

Watch your back, Obama!
Hillary is desperate.--Memories of the Vince Foster cover-up.
Quote:
Hatcheting a New Plan
By Jay D. Homnick
Published 2/11/2008 12:07:54 AM

The first sign of a campaign in trouble, like the last sign of a baseball team in trouble, is when they fire the manager. The Hillary Clinton for President campaign has dispensed with the services of Patti Solis Doyle. Doyle was not only guiding her current effort; she has been credited with leading Mrs. Clinton's 2000 campaign out of the doldrums and into the winner's circle. The only way to decapitate so capable a captain is by bringing in a real hatchet woman. And sure enough, the choice of replacement is none other than Maggie Williams.

Yes, there is an ethnic component here, as Maggie is an African American, which makes her, in the inane Democrat worldview, the answer to Obama. "You see, this lady is every bit as swarthy as you, yet she chooses me over you." On the other hand, Solis Doyle makes much of her Latina status, and Hillary desperately needs the Hispanic vote in the Texas primary. So in the world of the ethnos ethos, these two are more or less of a wash, and the change is hardly awash in significance.

However, there are other elements at play here, some fairly well known, plus one that I will reveal to you as an exclusive, from an inside source of impeccable accuracy.

Maggie Williams, you will recall, was the aide who carried all of Vince Foster's files out of his White House office after he died. A senior Secret Service agent, Henry O'Neill, approaching retirement after a distinguished career, testified to the grand jury that he had seen her with his own eyes. She denied it flat out, said no such thing ever happened. No explanation, no excuse, just looked this guy in the eyes and faced him down.

A big part of how she managed to avoid a major perjury conviction was by acting like a very small player. Although her position was officially designated as chief-of-staff to the First Lady, she and her colleagues made it seem like she was just a poor black woman who needed a job. Then-Senator Carol Moseley-Braun fumed about how a poor woman working to feed her family was being persecuted. For a while, she left the scene to take some kind of extended vacation in Paris...to relieve all that tension.

At one point Ms. Williams reported to a Senate committee that she had already paid $140,000 in legal bills, presumably out of her own pocket. Maureen Dowd, who often defended the Clintons, excoriated them in a column for letting a poor aide be saddled with such an immense expenditure due to their chicanery.

FAST FORWARD TO 2008 and, lo and behold, Maggie bears no grudge. You can choose to believe that she really paid that jumbo legal price tag and then came happily back to work for Mrs. Clinton, but I can draw my own conclusions. On top of that, you might well wonder how this gofer, this wallflower, this petty functionary, this accidental villain, this sheep in wolf's clothing, suddenly amassed political skills of such wattage as to render her an emergency replacement to manage a presidential campaign? It sure seems like we are missing a big piece in this picture.

Here is the answer. The fact is that Maggie Williams is a cutthroat political operative from long before the Clintons made it to the White House. She was the secret mastermind whom the Democratic National Committee sent out to run dirty attacks against Republican opponents of candidates the Party thought had an outside shot at a presumed safe Republican seat.

Cont'd at The American Spectator

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton apparently sees some benefit in allowing the exhumation of those "Vince Foster days" of conspiratorial Clinton persecution by the "vast VRWC", surely to be resurrected in the name of Ms. Williams.

It does appear, as the author seems to suggest, that a "victimized" Hillary Clinton might be in the cards after all.

However I found the author's anecdotal recounting (from an "impeccable" source) of a purported campaign ploy in 1982 by Ms. Williams to be decidedly underwhelming and rather routine and would be surprised to learn there wasn't much more going on in Torricelli's election victory.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find Shawa, thanks.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want Hillary to win the nomination because I think she will be easier to beat than Obama. Why? I have two friends whom I know have voted for Obama and both have informed me they would vote republican rather than vote for her.

People just do not like her. I do not see how people can not sea round Obama...but then I do not see how anyone could choose McCain over any of the other republican candidates.
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
I do want Hillary to win the nomination because I think she will be easier to beat than Obama. Why? I have two friends whom I know have voted for Obama and both have informed me they would vote republican rather than vote for her.

People just do not like her. I do not see how people can not sea round Obama...but then I do not see how anyone could choose McCain over any of the other republican candidates.

I also do want Hillary to win the nomination because I believe she will be easier to beat than Obama -- most people, even most Democrats, simply don't like her. Unfortunately, as a result of his overwhelming victory over Hillary in yesterday's "Potomac Primary's", Obama is now the front runner.

Although I chose Fred Thompson over John McCain, McCain now has an almost mathmatically-impossible to overcome lead over Huckabee and, therefore, almost certainly will be the Republican nominee. How any Republican could choose to not vote at all (in protest of McCain) or vote for Obama is simply beyond me.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:

People just do not like her.
ditto that Theresa. And those Dems that don't like her, vehemently don't like her. I was surprized by a co-worker who volunteers for Obama's campaign. (she even traveled to New Hampshire to work on the get-out-the-vote for their primary) This gal is admament that she will never vote for Hillary - will vote for McCain if Hillary gets the nod. So on that note, I was glad to see Hillary pick up these last 2 recent primaries.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO looking forward to watching the Dem convention........its gonna be more fun than a Hooters jello wrestling match!!!!!

The Dems, in their misguided intent to be able to control their nominations with super delagates, and rigged primaries led by New Hampshire, have painted themselves into a corner that is going to be exceedingly tough to extricate themselves from.

Hillary wants Florida and Michigan counted, Obama says "no way" (and why shouldn't he, he is ahead.

Some want a "do-over", but the state governments say no way, Florida estimates in the neighborhood of $25 Million to pay for it, and the other half of the voters will not sit still to pay for the Dems lack of being able to run their own primaries. And the DNC says they can't afford it.

So the DNC is stuck between "a rock and a hard place.........
Do you seat the Florida and Michigan delagates, and alienate the Obama voters, some who will just decide to stay at home and some who will bolt to McCain side, or do you freeze them out and alienate the Florida/Michigan voters whos vote doesn't count, who will sit it out or defect to McCain? Or do you give in and do a "do-over" (assuming you can find the money) and take the chance of P*$$ing off both camps. Hillary if she then loses, or Obama if he does after already having the lead without it?
I would not take Howard Dean's job now for any amount of money.

There are already "smokey back rooms" deals going on with the uncommitted delagated and super delagates from both camps.
There is going to be circus brawl at the convention.

Are we having fun yet???
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, any Democrat who now either wants to count the Florida and Michigan delegates or have primary "do overs" is totally lacking in character -- "You reap what you sow".

Additionally, the Democratic nomination just might be deceided by the "Superdelegates" rather than the popular vote -- akin to the 2000 general election being decided by the Electoral College rather than the popular vote which, of course, many Democrats cried "FOUL" about saying President Bush was selected rather than elected.

It will indeed be fun watching the Democrats fight amongst themselves to resolve the SNAFU they put themselves in.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama on the skids and Hillary having a "slight" problem over her comments about her Tuzla trip. And now....

Hillary The Movie

Did they have to go to school to learn how to be so self destructive?
RacerJim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
Obama on the skids and Hillary having a "slight" problem over her comments about her Tuzla trip. And now....

Hillary The Movie

Did they have to go to school to learn how to be so self destructive?

Yesterday's Washington Post had a frontpage article entitled "Both Obama and Clinton Embellish Their Roles" -- Obama his role vis-a-vis Senate legislation and Clinton her role vis-a-vis her Tuzla trip and children's health care. Hmmm...didn't the last Democratic nominee for POTUS also embellish (lie about) his past?

Apparantly Democrats major in "Embellishment" at some of the most prestigious schools of higher learning in the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: