SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftvets linked to Republican donors!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Swiftvets linked to Republican donors! Reply with quote

http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/05/14/gannon/index_np.html

Is this you Greenhat?
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets linked to Republican donors! Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:

Is this you Greenhat?

Most posters on this website are from different walks of life.

If I were to guess, the majority are not Swift Boat vets,
but veterans of all branches, along with non-veterans
expressing their views...which is their right....Republicans,
Democrats and Independents.

Montana
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets linked to Republican donors! Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:

Is this you Greenhat?

Sorry, I'm from NYC, live in SE Asia and have never been to Missouri.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that was a great link, Jeremy. Thanks for sending us there. I'm glad that intrepid journalists are revealing the fact that this group is just a front for the Bush campaign.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooh, if you'll fall for some POS reporting from none other than "Salon," (coughbullshit) magazine....

..... then I'd bet you'd REALLY be interested in John Kerry's declared holdings in Southeast Asian companies as recently as the mid-90's.

Ever followed the money trail from the POW/MIA issue to the $905 BILLION contract for construction of a deepwater port in Vietnam?

Do you know who is the exclusive real estate developer for Vietnam? Any idea how many more BILLION$ that was worth?

Any idea of the timing on those contracts?
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I read that stuff before. It was at http://www.wingnuts-r-us.com

And Joe Conason is truly a journalist our country should be proud of.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inuendo is easy. Facts speak for themselves.

Quote:
"[Kerry] was an immediate celebrity. He was also an immediate target of the Nixon Administration. Years later, Chuck Colson--who was Nixon's political enforcer--told me, "He was a thorn in our flesh. He was very articulate, a credible leader of the opposition. He forced us to create a counterfoil. We found a vet named John O'Neill and formed a group called Vietnam Veterans for a Just Peace. We had O'Neill meet the President, and we did everything we could do to boost his group."

Not just a founder of this group, but his original group was formed by the Nixon attack machine. Colton spent a little time in prison for Watergate. I wonder who will spend time in prison for the Victoria Plame incident.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm glad that intrepid journalists are revealing the fact that this group is just a front for the Bush campaign.

If this is just a sight fronting for the Bush campaign, what does that make Moveon.org financed by the likes of George Soros? Wouldn't that also just be a sight fronting for the Kerry campaign?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets linked to Republican donors! Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:

Is this you Greenhat?

Once again, the left believes any site like this - allowing Freedom of Speech for all - must be a Republican front. They misunderstand that creating an open website to spread a message is a basic American liberty (In Cuba or North Korea, your mileage may vary). This misunderstanding comes about because of their way of thinking, thus:

Generalizing from Self
Example: I'm a liar. Therefore, I don't believe what you're saying.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you expect the DNC to donate? What's your point? Do you really think that we are controlled by the Republican Party? Most of us who are vocal about Kerry's actions AFTER he came back from Vietnam and lied to Congress are Vietnam Veterans. We DO have an axe to grind with Mr. Kerry because he painted us all as war criminals. This coming from an assclown who spent a total of just under 4 months in country! Do you really believe that Mr. Kerry saw that much action in 4 months? Saw any atrocities that he didn't commit himself?
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets linked to Republican donors! Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Jeremy Eaton wrote:

Is this you Greenhat?

Really? What part of SE Asia? Just curious... I live in Tokyo.
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:
I'm glad that intrepid journalists are revealing the fact that this group is just a front for the Bush campaign.

If this is just a sight fronting for the Bush campaign, what does that make Moveon.org financed by the likes of George Soros? Wouldn't that also just be a sight fronting for the Kerry campaign?

What does Swift Boat Veterans for Truth claim to be about?
What does moveon.org claim to be about?
I haven't really looked at moveon.org since they had the controversy about a couple of entries to their contest being video comparing Bush to Hitler. They were removed before I got to see them.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets linked to Republican donors! Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:

Who the hell cares. The site is open to anyone (as evidenced by the ludicrous leftist posts that abound).

If the dems/leftists don't like it, let them start their own damn websites. Kind of like the wacko, extremist http://campus-watch-watch.org that had been set up in response to http://www.campus-watch.org . The former site now apparently defunct, the latter a thriving site well worth reading about the anti-American brainwashing ongoing in university Middle East studies programs.

"Not So Swift Vets for Drivel" is my suggested title for the countersite.
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Ooooooh, if you'll fall for some POS reporting from none other than "Salon," (coughbullshit) magazine....

..... then I'd bet you'd REALLY be interested in John Kerry's declared holdings in Southeast Asian companies as recently as the mid-90's.

Ever followed the money trail from the POW/MIA issue to the $905 BILLION contract for construction of a deepwater port in Vietnam?

Do you know who is the exclusive real estate developer for Vietnam? Any idea how many more BILLION$ that was worth?

Any idea of the timing on those contracts?

Tell us more...
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Swiftvets linked to Republican donors! Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Jeremy Eaton wrote:

Is this you Greenhat?

Really? What part of SE Asia? Just curious... I live in Tokyo.

Greenhat lives in Thailand.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: