SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We may lose a battle, but let’s not lose the war.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
A republican who has entertained the idea of switching parties for several years.

Jack, while I'm aware that there was, I think, at least one documented instance of a McCain consideration in that regard (though I don't have a link to a source), aren't you overstating the case here?

Can you provide some documentation indicating that McCain party-switching is an ongoing consideration? Perhaps I've missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen that prospect discussed or written about as a viable possibility.

Also, it seems to be etched in political stone that would-be candidates for the presidency move to a perceived center for the general election. Would McCain be different?
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharlie wrote:
I am a fiscal, foreign policy, and national defence conservative. I am also a social liberal. This qualifies me as a Libertarian who registers and votes as a moderate Republican. McCain should make me happy, but he really scares me. My current choices are to vote for Ralph Nader or a write-in candidate. I don't vote Libertarian because most of them scare me more than McCain and they have no chance of winning. A McCain/Rice ticket might sway me to vote for them. I have strongly supported every Republican candidate since 1952. I can not support McCain this year. I may write in Zell Miller's name.

Wow...Pulled the Republican lever since 1952, and willing to write in Zell Miller!!!! Worth repeating....Kinda proves the Communist Party USA has pulled the entire electorate (w/help of NEA, et al) to the left. Just curious, what with Duncan Hunter, etc, none of the '2008 actual conservatives' piqued your interest just a litte??! I, like you, have a history of the right lever action (since '68), with a smattering of local libertarians who I trusted. And, like you, may 'write in', but Zell just wasn't on my list for some reason!
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what if the RNC fails it fails. I do not see where the GOP gives a damn about us conservatives anyway. I want someone who WANTS to be President andwilling to fight for it...McCain is not. The closer and closer it gets to the nomination McCain leans more and more to the left on every issue. McCain will REFUSE to fight Obama or Hillary because then it wouldn't be honorable...but McCain refuses to see that the whole DNC has the MSM doing thier dirty work.

I am sure that if we are all stuck with a .50 hike it gas prices due to taxes under a McCain adminstration we would all breathe easier.

You know what...maybe pulling our troops back and letting the Iraqi's finally step up to the plate to fight for their freedom is not a bad idea. After all are they going to be dependent on our military forever...and no I for pulling the troops out but feel that this can not go on indefinate with the amount of troops surplus we have. Since the AF is still doing the RIF with a war going on shows just how slow our goverment is in getting things done right...even with our military.

I am tired of the blame being put on us for not wanting or having to suffer to vote for McCain...the guilt trip is just down right not going to work for me. After all why should I really work hard for a Senator who has done nothing but put his middle finger at the conservative base and cross party lines and be part of the gang of republicans?

"My Friend" I am never going to like Senator John McCain. I am tired of people making excuses and explantions to the conservative base by trying to scare us into what might happen. I am well aware of what might happen...but where it is my single duty to vote for a Senator I dislike because I am a registered republican? I do not see the republican party that I supported for so many years. I can accept changes but I am unwilling to accept the spineless republicans we have now serving who are unwilling to stand up and fight for America and their base.

Will I vote for McCain....probably but I am not going to make it easy for Senator McCain either. I get on his website and I e-mail his campaign almost weekly along with the GOP sites.

Like I said a lot can happen between now and November. I will sit back and wait to see what happens and I will make my decision then...not any sooner.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuce wrote:
LimaCharlie wrote:
I am a fiscal, foreign policy, and national defence conservative. I am also a social liberal. This qualifies me as a Libertarian who registers and votes as a moderate Republican. McCain should make me happy, but he really scares me. My current choices are to vote for Ralph Nader or a write-in candidate. I don't vote Libertarian because most of them scare me more than McCain and they have no chance of winning. A McCain/Rice ticket might sway me to vote for them. I have strongly supported every Republican candidate since 1952. I can not support McCain this year. I may write in Zell Miller's name.

Wow...Pulled the Republican lever since 1952, and willing to write in Zell Miller!!!! Worth repeating....Kinda proves the Communist Party USA has pulled the entire electorate (w/help of NEA, et al) to the left. Just curious, what with Duncan Hunter, etc, none of the '2008 actual conservatives' piqued your interest just a litte??! I, like you, have a history of the right lever action (since '6Cool, with a smattering of local libertarians who I trusted. And, like you, may 'write in', but Zell just wasn't on my list for some reason!

I am a social liberal agnostic who believes religion should stay out of politics whether it is Muslim, Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, or Evangelical. Too many of today's conservatives are strong social conservatives first and mild government conservatives second. I believe government should be neutral on religious issues.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
You know what if the RNC fails it fails.

It already has.

Quote:
I am sure that if we are all stuck with a .50 hike it gas prices due to taxes under a McCain adminstration we would all breathe easier.

Not like the 2.00 a gallon it's gone up since Bush took office?

Quote:
You know what...maybe pulling our troops back and letting the Iraqi's finally step up to the plate to fight for their freedom is not a bad idea.

Vote for Obama or Hillary. I'll just objectively point out, that's another difference between the candidates that you have yet to acknowledge.

Quote:
I am tired of the blame being put on us for not wanting or having to suffer to vote for McCain...the guilt trip is just down right not going to work for me. After all why should I really work hard for a Senator who has done nothing but put his middle finger at the conservative base and cross party lines and be part of the gang of republicans?

I'm not blaming you. But, perhaps you should blame the very conservative repubs (which you obviously are not) who have violated every trust and mandate given them while in office who have lost control of the party you wish to vote for? Why should "you" feel that way anyway? It was them who did the deed and sold you out? It wasn't you...the faithful. Don't you even realize that by your own admission....you do not abide by some of the basic tennents and beliefs of the party? Perhaps you should go read the RNC website PDF on the Republican Party" and what their goals and plans are for 2008 and beyond. http://www.rnc.org/ You'll note McCain's picture on the homepage.

Quote:
"My Friend" I am never going to like Senator John McCain. I am tired of people making excuses and explantions to the conservative base by trying to scare us into what might happen.

Well..."my friend"...I'd love to take credit for it but it's hard to take credit for just being mildy observant.

Quote:
I am well aware of what might happen...but where it is my single duty to vote for a Senator I dislike because I am a registered republican? I do not see the republican party that I supported for so many years. I can accept changes but I am unwilling to accept the spineless republicans we have now serving who are unwilling to stand up and fight for America and their base.

Are you arguing with "me"?? Or yourself? Or the republican party? Vote for whomever you want. Make your mind/heart clear. I think I've been clear enough.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After continuous introspection, I have concluded, I cannot abandon my conservative principals with a vote for McCain. NO MORE RINO'S.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: