SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brotherhood of Police Officers endorse Kerry.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Brotherhood of Police Officers endorse Kerry. Reply with quote

Kerry on Friday gained the endorsement of the 12,000-member International Brotherhood of Police Officers, which backed Bush in 2000.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...none of whom will actually VOTE for Kerry, but we must keep up appearances, musn't we? Razz
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. Are you suggesting that they're just throwing in their endorsement just because they expect Kerry to win?

Quote:
After 3½ years of disappointing leadership under George Bush, we need to change course in November and elect a president with a real record of supporting police officers and a lifetime of standing with law enforcement," IBPO President David Holway said in a statement provided by the Kerry campaign.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, no doubt they'd rather have Clinton, again.

Remember Clinton's 100,000 extra cops on the street? Who were laid off when the federal funding dried up? They were barely trained before they were let go, because the local governments used the federal funding to hire new officers, but never planned to make them part of the city's permanent payroll. Rolling Eyes

As with other union endorsements, their propaganda is misleading and rings hollow as it ignores the historically high levels of federal funding made available to local first-responders by President Bush's signature.

Public safety is a LOCAL issue - President Bush has supported vast amounts of funding to first responders since 9-11 - funds intended to prop up readiness and preparedness.

Now, it's become an "entitlement."

Why should VA funding remain part of the discretionary budget while public safety (historically and logically a function of local government) demands the same footing as Social Security and Welfare?
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we're also going to see more law enforcement officials for Kerry.

As a former prosecutor with a stellar record, he knows their issues inside and out.
Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Pathetic Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
...none of whom will actually VOTE for Kerry, but we must keep up appearances, musn't we? Razz

Does not matter how any of them vote. The endorsement is the thing.
Bit I really think that you should get out there ans shout it from the rooftops that them cops is wrong.
Point out all the unarmed people they have shot - or folks who got killed for reaching for a wallet or holding a cellphone.
There is a lot of things that you can smear them police just as you do Kerry like you did McCain. "You" know who you are. Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes...I forgot...smearing cops, a conservative's favorite indulgence Rolling Eyes
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say that cops trivialize their endorsements is "smearing them." They didn't endorse Kerry in order to "keep up appearances."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
To say that cops trivialize their endorsements is "smearing them."

Strawman. Never said that.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right...endorsing candidates to "keep up appearances" isn't trivializing that endorsement.
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Ah yes...I forgot...smearing cops, a conservative's favorite indulgence Rolling Eyes

They smear their own quite well.
Just look at the McCain smear the bushites did.
McCain vs. Bush is a fair example that an honest man with personal honor and integrity does not stand a chance.
Your Bush crew will is well determined to destroy anything that gets in the way of its agenda.
And even you right wingers will come to be sorry if your darling Bush gets to pack the Supremes.
Have you taken notice that the Bush administration has so far managed to rally a great part of the world against the US?
You ain't seen nothing yet.
--
"Back in 2000 a Republican friend warned me that if I voted for Al Gore and
he won, the stock market would tank, we'd lose millions of jobs, and our
military would be totally overstretched. You know what? I did vote for
Gore, he did win, and I'll be damned if all those things didn't come
true!"
--James Carville
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carville is HILARIOUS!

And they said the same thing about Clinton. In fact, conservatives said those same things about implementing the minimum wage, child labor, permitting collective bargaining, medicare, and everything that keeps us from sliding a third world distribution of wealth.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
[quote="
--
"Back in 2000 a Republican friend warned me that if I voted for Al Gore and
he won, the stock market would tank, we'd lose millions of jobs, and our
military would be totally overstretched. You know what? I did vote for
Gore, he did win, and I'll be damned if all those things didn't come
true!"
--James Carville

Keep repeating this mantra til you get it right: Gore-Tennessee-Gore-Tennessee-Gore-Tennessee..
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that alqeda is endorsing Kerry as well, and the sad part is if he gets elected they will be allowed to vote next time.
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I understand that alqeda is endorsing Kerry as well, and the sad part is if he gets elected they will be allowed to vote next time.

Way cool!
Now we got someone so full of venom that he must equate International Brotherhood of Police Officers endorsment with al Qaeda endorsment.
You people would smear Jesus if he didn't support Republican..
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: