SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama Road Show not selling to the Troops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Obama Road Show not selling to the Troops Reply with quote

Obama Road Show not selling to the Troops
Posted by Macranger

One good thing about this blog is that it is widely read by military types especially overseas in the war zones. In fact the “Obama wants to Disarm America” video has gotten nearly 35,000 page views from military types alone.

As you know Obama visited troops this weekend in Kuwait, and Afghanistan. Prior to this weekend I, along with a few friends had been sending information to a few soldiers on an email list referencing Obama and his anti-military entourage and exhorting them not to be “deceived” by his “jive”. From what I’m getting back they were not in the least.

From Camp Eggers I’m told that the mess hall photo op was hugely staged, and if you look at the video you can see it was sparsely attended. The soldier at the end of the video was “selected” and not random.

“Dude showed up in a suit”, one email reads describing clothes Obama wore. Generally visits - as with McCain are in some type of Kaki or other uniform. Obama and all his entourage looked like they were going to a dinner party, or perhaps just trying to project that “authority” thing he’s always talking about.

In any case the response is generally negative, although troops will generally show some type of appreciation I can tell that they can sense that Obama’s only doing this for his own ends, not for their benefit. Soldiers know when they are being part of photo op ed. Not that we mind it, but it depends on who it is. I can remember former president Jimmy Carter coming to visit us at Fort Stewart Georgia back around 1979, the reception was icy to say the least. We had absolutely no respect for the man - none at all.

Obama’s getting the same reviews. That’s what talking about defeat for the last two years will do for you. He’s not fooling anyone, especially where the rubber meets the road.

I’ve sent a few more “information” packets for troops on the Iraqi leg of the tour, so as to help soldiers understand even better what his true positions are.

This comment says it all:

"Mac, at the “Look At Me” photo op at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, the photos were taken in a gym. Why were most of them close ups and why were so few soldiers there with a camp that has a garrison of a little under 9,000? Perhaps because Obama can’t pull the wool over the eyes of the most educated, most well informed military in our history."
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me boil that he can be so arrogant and dismissive!
This posted by Blackfive:
Quote:
This is from a USAF friend in Afghanistan:

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to ' The War Zone ' . I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand, he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the Americans back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,

CPT J
Bagram, Afghanistan

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind you of anyone? Looks like the effect of John "D-Student" Kerry (PR Pimp and possible VP or Secretary of ????? choice) on Barry (not that Hussein) Milhaus NObama is already in full force as Barry tries to channel the worst side of Richard Nixon, too. Talk about an empty suit with an identity crisis. Barry's "records" are also conspiculously missing...except for his fake "birth certificate".
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, the troops got more thanks from Kellie Pickler than the presumptive NMI nominee. My bet is she got a better welcome than he did as well!
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM and the liberal Dems always think that everyone except them is a moron, and that goes double for anyone not smart enough to avoid military service. They are NEVER proud of their country, and have nothing but disdain for those that are. Sad
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Makes me boil that he can be so arrogant and dismissive!
This posted by Blackfive:
Quote:
This is from a USAF friend in Afghanistan:

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to ' The War Zone ' . I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand, he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the Americans back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,

CPT J
Bagram, Afghanistan

SNOPES is putting a typical leftist twist on the Captain Jeffery Porter email that is circulating.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not this email is on the up and up has been debated over and over again among the military bloggers and finally I received an email in which folks were requested to remove this email from blogs, etc. I think that's a good idea if there is any question about the authenticity of it. I certainly agree with what you wrote about Snopes. Remember how anti-Swiftboat they were?

Our son met Mr. Obama while he was in Afghanistan and posted his take on this email on his blog, The Sandgram. There he gives the link to Black Five military blog where there was quite a discussion on the validity. Many think it's true, others no.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether true or not, is there any doubt that this is typical of Obama's conduct? His "non-visit" to the wounded veterans in Germany is fact, not an email rumor. He couldn't make a photo op out of it so he quit without pressing the issue and went to the gym and shot hoops, regardless of whose fault it was. The fact that it fits the pattern he has established is telling. As John McCain said, NOBODY would have stopped him from visiting them, and his record supports his claim. The difference between them when it comes to supporting the troops is very clear: Obama has to make political hay out of every move he makes; McCain simply does what it takes to support the troops. Even an email rumor about similar conduct by John McCain wouldn't have gotten past the first SPAM filter.

My niece's husband met Charlie Daniels when he came to visit them in Bagram, and he didn't bring the three network anchors and a host of publicists with him. He just came to tell them "Thank You" and to entertain THEM, not use them to aggrandize himself.

Maybe this says it best:

Obama's Trip: No Bounce, No Flags, No Wounded GIs
He didn't want the American flag shown at his speech in Germany and at his press conference in Paris. He canceled a trip to visit wounded soldiers when he was told the press couldn't take pictures of him so he went to the Ritz Carlton and "worked out". And the American public thought the press coverage of his trip was simply "excessive."
Get the Full Story Here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: