SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Jerry Corsi: "The Obama Nation"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>several state legislatures along the corridor, including Texas and Oklahoma, passed legislation to address it

With the appropriate grain of salt, here's Wiki on the matter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union

They don't mention any State legislation about it. They mention a stalled (and I should say, unnecessary) House resolution. And the "Stop NAU" website encourages people to try for State legislation against it. But my point was, this was a case where I saw for myself that, regardless if his overall point was right, Dr. Corsi could make some pretty terrible mistakes on his background facts. Add to that his 9-11 Trutherism, and I, for one, will be verifying everything he says (before I believe it) from now on.

John O'Neill, a great man with a great mind who always nails his facts, is in a different class. I've never found his story not checking out and will take what O'Neill says to the bank.

Last edited by joe_madeup on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your points are well made. As for Wiki, I have edited several times to correct errors on Swiftvets only to see the lies reinstated within minutes. Nevertheless, I'll admit that I am not fully up to date on what did and did not happen with the North American Union business, but I certainly don't hold any stock in the 911 truthers. Your assessment of John O'Neill is also right on target. He's proven himself even to the Leftists, although they will never admit it.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John O'Neill, a great man with a great mind who always nails his facts, is in a different class. I've never found his story not checking out and will take what O'Neill says to the bank.

I agree. Thank God he was on the UFC book!!
I so admire that guy. Think I'll have to put him in 2nd place on my list of men I admire...

Billy Graham still holds 1st place. Hadn't thought of anyone until now to put in 2nd place.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, Corsi now denies involvement with 9-11 Trutherism:
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=72787

I say "now" because in the radio clip I linked earlier he sang a different tune.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corsi may have overreacted initially, although his explanation in the linked article on WND is that he simply wanted to publish the theory for furthering debate, not that he agreed with it. Your point is made. He boo-booed and will suffer further blackening of his reputation no matter what he says now. Too bad the other side doesn't suffer when they make mistakes.

One of my wife's cousins spent the entire day April 19, 1995 carrying dead babies and toddlers out of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, and he has had mixed feelings about how it all happened and whether there was a middle east involvement...and he is a cop who now works for the FBI. I can cut some slack during a transition period where folks make wrong assessments and then change their minds as more evidence is discovered. I was a High School Senior living next door to Lee Harvey Oswald's brother Robert in Denton, Texas, in November 1963, and I still don't know for sure how the John Kennedy assassination occurred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: