SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama hits back at ad linking him with 1960s radicals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Obama hits back at ad linking him with 1960s radicals Reply with quote

Can you read a story on this campaign anymore that doesn't somehow reference "swiftboat" this or "swiftboat" that? Honest to God, these folks go to bed thinking about swiftboats and wake up in the morning dreaming about swiftboats. What an incredible testimony to the level of hurt the SVPT inflicted on the leftist ideology.

As to below, it's "deja vu all over again"...attack the messenger and avoid, at all cost, addressing the issue itself. They're falling prey to their own delusional spin that it was only Kerry's failure to aggressively respond that created his political Waterloo. Well, here's a clue for the AP and the MSM. "Truth" still matters, and no degree of liberal/progressive chest-thumping is going to change that...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Obama hits back at ad linking him with 1960s radical
Associated Press
August 26, 2008

DENVER -- Barack Obama is striking back fiercely and swiftly at an ad linking him to a 1960s radical.

The ad is funded by one of the main supporters of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which went after John Kerry in 2004.

This ad questions Obama's ties to William Ayers, a founder of the radical Weather Underground organization that took credit for a series of bombings four decades ago.

The two men once served together on the board of a charity in Chicago. And Obama chaired a school reform group of which Ayers was a founder.

Ayers also hosted a meet-the-candidate event when Obama first sought public office.

Fox News and CNN won't air the ad, but stations in four states already have.

Obama has put out a response ad, and the campaign may ask the Justice Department to intervene.

It might also pressure advertisers on stations airing the anti-Obama commercial.

WKYC

Obama's hypersensitivity to the "Ayers" factor will be, perhaps, as enormous and debilitating to his campaign as were the Swiftees to Kerry.

Let's have LOTS more of it.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama hits back at ad linking him with 1960s radicals Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Let's have LOTS more of it.

AMEN; Along with ties to Farrakhan, Rezko, the Rev. Wright, Fr. Phluger (sp) and the Chicago Daly political machine.
As my Grandma used to say, "If you sleep with the dogs, you can't complain if you wake up with fleas."
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the ad in question, in case you've somehow missed it.

While it may not rank up there with Swiftee ad #1 (will anything? ever?), it's a great start by an organization with chutzpah enough to tell it like it is.

Today the "American Issues Project" responded to the Obama campaigns attempt at suppression of free speech...

Quote:
August 26, 2008

Mr. John C. Keeney, Esq.
Deputy Assistant Attorney General
Criminal Division
U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, D.C. 20350

Re: Response to Letter to DOJ from Obama for America

Dear Mr. Keeney:

<snip>

Finally, Sen. Obama’s presidential campaign has now purchased paid television advertising directly related to the AIP advertising. Surely, the citizens of America are not in a situation in 2008 where a candidate for President of the United States is permitted to purchase paid advertising on a topic about which a citizens organization, following all applicable laws and regulations, is not allowed to sponsor advertising or if they do will find themselves subject to prosecution by your department.

Surely we have not come to a point where the government and its agencies are used to protect presidential candidates from citizens’ speech, essentially destroying the very purpose, meaning and historical essence of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Please contact me if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

(sig)Cleta Mitchell
Cleta Mitchell, Esq.
Counsel, American Issues Project, Inc.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is illegal to try to intimidate voters (KKK law). Wouldn't this be a form of such illegal action by the Obama campaign?

Clearly Obama's Achilles' heel is exposed, and even minor probing is sending pangs of pain and panic throughout his miserable scrawny cowardly Leftist soul. Unlike our failure to fully support Sinclair and "Stolen Honor", this time we all need to keep the support going to those brave enough to step forward and attack using truth and not let the enemy "Kerry" the media outlets into pulling the ads in fear of legal action....maybe to "Kerry" or "Kerrying" should be a counter-term to the misused "Swiftboating" term used by the Leftists. They need formal definitions. Anyone want to take a shot at it?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama is right to be worried, he knew Bill Ayers well, and for at least 13 years. He worked hand in hand with Ayers.

I wish Obama lots of luck, all bad. This is a bad guy, and not one that qualified for, or even deserving of, the White House. [/list]
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gonna regret following the same course Kerry set in 2004.....

GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change? Seems this "scholar" is trying to turn the clock back to 1798 and reinstate the Sedition act.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Barack Apollo Obama Reply with quote

Obama - Greek God of Politics

(This image doesn't seem to show, so just click the link)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dO9bg4_tViM/SLW8WYX5ArI/AAAAAAAABgk/1qfmDfWgdjU/s400/Obamagreekgod.bmp

...as one poster put it, "Apparently they thought a manger, some sheep and three wise men would have been too gaudy."
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 'obvious' but that's not it either... the manger etc would be too 'Christly' (a new word?)

BO ain't that - more like the faux gods of the Greeks? yep.
looks like mccain and co can rerun that 'celebrity' ad a few more times after bo's speech...

btw - I thought I heard someone on Fox interviewing someone about more info dug up about Ayers and BO. (I was mostly asleep). It sounded like he found something. in papers just released? that there was a lot more 'contact' with Ayers than BO has said...

anyone else hear anything like this?

I wish I 'heard' better when I'm sleeping....lol!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife said that they're going to be wearing togas at Obama speech tomorrow night. I hope McCain combines that with footage from Animal House, and those famous words, TO-GA, TO-GA! Laughing
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: GOTCHA! Reply with quote

New documents highlight Obama's ties to Ayers
140 boxes of papers include agendas that clearly put both in same room

Quote:
Documents released Tuesday by the University of Illinois at Chicago shed some light on Barack Obama’s relationship with William Ayers, a founding member of the 1960s and 1970s radical group the Weather Underground.

Obama’s association with Ayers, who now teaches at the university, has become an issue in the Illinois senator’s presidential campaign. The Weather Underground took credit for several nonfatal bombings on targets that included the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol, and critics accuse Obama of rubbing elbows with an unabashed 1960s radical.

Obama has said that, although he knew Ayers as a professor involved in community outreach efforts in Chicago, he doesn’t share Ayers’ extreme views.

The massive collection of newly released documents — 140 boxes full of them — includes agendas that clearly put Obama and Ayers in the same room for meetings of Chicago Annenberg Challenge, an educational initiative that Ayers was instrumental in starting and that Obama chaired in the 1990s.

Ayers Unrepentant for Weather Underground’s Violence in 1960s, 1970s

The initiative was funded by $49.2 million from the Annenberg Foundation with the intention of establishing community partnerships that would improve schools.

FOX News was among several news organizations that reviewed the university’s records by appointment. In one agenda, a March 15, 1995, meeting featured Obama making introductions and Ayers giving a briefing.

But more than a year later, Obama pushed the group to be bolder in its reforms, according to the Associated Press, which also reviewed the documents. Minutes from an October 1996 gathering show that Obama, a guest at a meeting of the collaborative, raised questions about what the group should be doing.

The AP reports the minutes characterized Obama’s concerns as twofold: Whether the group was raising additional money and whether money was being used “to prop up existing organizations as opposed to creating fresh educational practices in the schools?”

“At the end of five years, will we have broken the mold? Not much seems to be bubbling up that is inspiring or substantive,” the minutes say, paraphrasing Obama.

Even so, Stanley Kurtz, a contributing editor for the conservative magazine National Review, thinks Obama’s association with Ayers should raise questions in the minds of voters who wonder of Obama is as mainstream as he claims to be.

“The fact that Obama and Ayers were working together stems from the pretty sharp left-leaning ideology that both of them shared to some extent,” Kurtz said.

Ayers did not respond to an e-mail requesting comment.

The Obama campaign, meanwhile, is fighting a conservative group called the American Issues Project over a TV commercial that links Obama to Ayers. The campaign argues that the nonprofit group is violating federal laws regulating political ads by nonprofits.

The group filed a document with the Federal Election Commission last week identifying Texas billionaire Harold Simmons as the lone financier of the ad, contributing nearly $2.9 million to produce and air it. Simmons is a fundraiser for John McCain and was one of the major contributors to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which aired ads in 2004 against John Kerry.

The Obama campaign issued a response ad to the group’s ad, which says, “With all our problems why is John McCain talking about the ’60s trying to link Barack Obama to radical Bill Ayers? McCain knows Obama denounced Ayers’ crimes committed when Obama was just eight years old. Let’s talk about standing up for America today.”

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said if “McCain’s consultants are going to go out and make ads that are misleading about Barack Obama, we are going to make sure that they are answered we have to make sure that the truth is out there and that we are answering with force.”

McCain campaign spokesman Brian Rogers released a statement responding to Burton that said, “It’s absurd and disingenuous for the Obama campaign to say we are running this ad. They are trying to blame us and use a straw man to take this issue off the table. If he thinks having a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist is not an issue that concerns the American people, he is deluding himself or being naive.”

FOX News’ Bret Baier, Craig Wall and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: