SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"GOP links Ayers to Kerry"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: "GOP links Ayers to Kerry" Reply with quote

Given Kerry's close association with would-be conspiratorial ASSASSINS (and I don't mean character), Ayers and Kerry are quite a pair.

A little bit of Ayers goes a long way. Here he is praising America's favorite "windsurfing dilletante" (thank you Eleanor Clift)...

Quote:

GOP links Ayers to Kerry
Posted by Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor
Boston Globe
August 26, 2008 02:15 PM

You Tube Video

In the latest volley in the ping-pong match over 1960s radical William Ayers, the Republican National Committee has dug up a snippet of him praising Senator John F. Kerry for throwing away his Vietnam War decorations.

"John Kerry's finest moment," Ayers, a founder of the Weathermen, says in the video from C-SPAN of a January 2006 appearance at the National Press Club while promoting a book.

In a 1971 antiwar protest, Kerry discarded the ribbons from medals for valor he was awarded for his service on swift boats. Republicans and groups allied with them attacked Kerry's service and record during his 2004 presidential campaign.

Democrat Barack Obama's campaign has been aggressively fighting back against an independent advocacy group's TV ad linking Obama with Ayers. Ayers led the Weather Underground organization, which took credit for a series of bombings at the Pentagon and US Capitol in the 1960s. He is now a professor in Chicago and has served on a nonprofit board with Obama.

The advocacy group's main benefactor is a Texas billionaire who has given money to John McCain and other Republicans and who was also one of the main funders of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which went after Kerry.

The Associated Press reports that not only has Obama run a response ad, his campaign has warned TV station managers not to run the ad and has asked the Justice Department to intervene. The campaign also planned to compel advertisers to pressure stations that continue to air the anti-Obama commercial.

Fox News and CNN have declined to air the anti-Obama ad, the AP says. But by Monday afternoon, the ad had run about 150 times in local markets in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia and Michigan, according to Evan Tracey, head of TNS Media Intelligence/Campaign Media Analysis Group, an ad tracking firm.

Meanwhile, the Free History Project, a nonprofit organization that produced 2004 documentary "The Weather Underground," said today that it is demanding that all broadcasts of the ad be stopped, alleging that it violates copyright laws by using footage without permisson.

Boston Globe

Now, before we accuse the RNC of actually growing some *******, the Globe blogger (Foon Rhee) offers no source for attributing the unearthing of this snippet to the "Republican National Committee". The "You Tube" snippet video was posted by a new account (AyersOnKerry) 5 hours ago. Hmmmm....
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More obsfucation from the left.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:

The thought did cross my mind Zin. Perhaps Kerry wants to get out in front of an anticipated story.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
zinfella wrote:

The thought did cross my mind Zin. Perhaps Kerry wants to get out in front of an anticipated story.

The whole thing is probably "seared" out of his memory.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

OK, I've been pondering this question a l-o-n-g time, and haven't come up with an answer. So I'll pass the qustion on to my compatriots:

Isn't a good brain searing consider very detrimental to mental health?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Quote:

OK, I've been pondering this question a l-o-n-g time, and haven't come up with an answer. So I'll pass the qustion on to my compatriots:

Isn't a good brain searing consider very detrimental to mental health?

I think that mentioning mental health in a thread about Kerry is really reaching. Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: