SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rush Limbaugh
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Rush Limbaugh Reply with quote

Caught Rush for a couple of minutes on my way home and he was pounding the Dem lawyers for trying to keep the Swiftvet ad off TV! Then went to his web site and the Swiftvet thing is on his home page! Haven't had time to see what he has to say.

This is No Dirty Trick

The Seriousness of the Charge Does Not Matter

Last edited by You GottaBeKidding on Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great article and analysis of the ad and the Kerry camp reactions.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was vintage Rush today with a good measure of RAGE. I mean he LOST IT with a caller over why is it ok for Michael Moore to do what he does and not for the Swifties to raise the questions they do....it was priceless.....I just hope Rush doesn't have a heart attack over it......man was he MAD:))
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also heard Rush's show today and you are right classic.He eloquently defended the Swift vets
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CSPAN is so honest then why did they have to resort to three phonelines, one for each party. Why not let caller volume reflect how many feel one way and how many feel otherwise?
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem really afraid of Rush Limbaugh.

Could it be that RL has devoted four days of programming to the Swifts right to come out and speak their minds after all these years?

That he's exposing Kerry's attempts to stifle the Swifts?

That's he's so clearly delineating how the Swifts have the same rights as Michael Moore-on?

That he's making sure that the Swifts story is FINALLY getting some media exposure that isn't slanted to Kerry's PR version of his history?

I don't always agree with RL - but when he gets a hold of something, he's a bulldog and does NOT let go until the "mainstream" media simply can't ignore it any more.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodBlessUSA wrote:
Who is rush limbaugh to accuse anyone who went to Vietnam even for a day!.....has anybody ever called into question what credentials this guys has that he can sit on a** all day...pop oxycontin...and fill people who want should think for themselves but would rather be dittoheads???

Typical leftist ad hominem (character) attack, attacking the messenger but not substantively debating the issues.

Sir, we are aware of Leftist SOP's here. They are useless here.

FDL
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left has all the newspapers in their pocket. Rush at least levels the playing field a bit. That's a no brainer...easy for some to understand.
GodBlessUSA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's afraid of Who...???

It seems the admin editted out my post on Rush Limbaugh....I dont believe it was distasteful or inflammitory....You can see you respond to me but the post is gone....

Now, you have every right to edit me out....my only point that gives me heartburn is that everyone hear believes Rush Limbaugh is an American patriot who poke at those who went to Vietnam....well what was Rush doing....see here...this site is not political....if you dont believe go for yourself...it debunks or verifies lies about both Kerry & Bush...

But for now read how Rush Limbaugh supported the troops in Vietnam
http://www.snopes.com/military/limbaugh.htm
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because he went to vietnam doesn't make him god...someday you'll understand that...I hope.

I dunno if you somehow lived in a cocoon for the past thirty years because you obviously don't realize just how badly vietnam vets got shat on when they came home and how much of that was due to anti-war protesting...led by VVAW's tactics...mocking the uniforms, openly labeling them war criminals, calling medals meaningless, and inventing the term baby killer.

as I put it to a vietnam vet friend of mine laboring under the same delusions as you, how many active duty soldiers, fighting right that minute, were happy about what Kerry was doing with VVAW? HOw many of them cheered him on?

Kerry went to vietnam. Even if you give him that, HE IS PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE, directly and indirectly for the MASSIVE BUMP IN PTSD SEEN IN VIETNAM VETS RELATIVE TO OTHER WARS

check out the College Campus Protest thread.

From three hours of defending our troops on the quad, quite spontaneously, my group received hundreds of letters of thanks from men and women IN IRAQ AS WE SPEAK for defending what they were doing.

I'll never be able to serve my country in uniform, but at least I can honestly say my protesting was a morale booster for the troops that got to see the article in National REview Online and see the pictorial...I've got the paper to prove it.
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Michael Savage Reply with quote

Michael Savage devoted at least 2-1/2 hours of his show last night to the SBVT. He definitely has the bone in his mouth. Since Friday he has donated five dollars from each sale of his book "The enemy within" purchased from his website to SBVT. Thank God for people like Dr. Michael Savage and Rush.
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCloud-

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Michael Savage? I suppose I can look him up on google but this is the first I've heard of him. Is he a radio personality or TV one?
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyBrat wrote:
McCloud-

who is Michael Savage? .........................snip...............Is he a radio personality or TV one?

Mainly a radio personallity, but did a stint on tv until he got canned for a comment about killing a homosexually caller.

He is what O'Reilly would call a right-wing bomb thrower. My wife loves him. I'll have to say I find him entertaining sometimes. Usually he is a little "over the top". Shocked
Lendorien
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodBlessUSA wrote:
Who's afraid of Who...???

It seems the admin editted out my post on Rush Limbaugh....I dont believe it was distasteful or inflammitory....You can see you respond to me but the post is gone....

Now, you have every right to edit me out....my only point that gives me heartburn is that everyone hear believes Rush Limbaugh is an American patriot who poke at those who went to Vietnam....well what was Rush doing....see here...this site is not political....if you dont believe go for yourself...it debunks or verifies lies about both Kerry & Bush...

But for now read how Rush Limbaugh supported the troops in Vietnam
http://www.snopes.com/military/limbaugh.htm

I want to step in here to point out that your attack on Limbaugh based on Snopes is ill-founded.

I read the Snopes story. Snopes supports Limbaugh's claim of his cyst and knee injury as reason for medical deferment, as do his relatives. He was a young man at the time and likely glad to have gotten out of the draft. He's even said that he didn't want to go.

As for whether he could have had the cyst operated on... who knows... Perhaps he didn't have the money. Heavens knows that if I had the same ailment at the moment and was drafted, I wouldn't have the money right now to pay for medical treatment to have a cyst removed. there are plenty of plausible explanations.

Getting out of the draft on a legitimate medical deferment (based on draft policy) does not make him a draft dodger. The attack on his character based on his medical deferment is disingenueous at best.

Lendorien
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCloud-

a real Zinger, huh?
hmm, I doubt we would get him around here

Speaking of TV, I sure miss Rush's TV show.
Can you imagine the kind of coverage he would be giving to the SwiftVets??

Well, so what if it's at 2 in the morning? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: