SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama Birth Certificate/Eligibility Lawsuits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, until we can get organized, have strong leadership, let the people know our agenda, and stick to our principles, we're just treading water.

yeah - I see that. the repubs have been wimps all around (high ups).
they let the dems beat them down - even when just on a talk show!!
they shut up and sit there and smile.

(we need to clone Ann Coulter! lol!)

we need some leadership with guts. who don't just smile and say 'ah well...'

I haven't been a McC supporter for yrs - but I voted for him. palin helped tho!

as for the money - I was meaning BIG money - like mega millions -
like BO got. 600 million or more.

and the sick part is - they won't even check to see if his money was legal!

some other millionaires are putting millions into just local state offices -
to cover the bases there.
they're building their support at the state level.

and that money is coming from out of the state the election is in.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's this, another Obama documentation fraud?
Quote:

Did Next Commander-in-Chief Falsify Selective Service Registration? Never Actually Register? Obama's Draft Registration Raises Serious Questions
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2008/11/exclusive_did_n.html

Obama's Selective Service Registration Form is Apparently 1990 Form Altered to Appear Like 1980 Form

note: A new topic has been started on this issue. Please reserve this topic for comments related to BO's birth certificate...thanks/me#1
Stevie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read all the comments on that site...

but don't some of you have your card with that # on it? DLN? to check if should be 10 or 11 numbers?

we should have kerry's in the research section - right? I think I have a copy too...

note: A new topic has been started on this issue. Please reserve this topic for comments related to BO's birth certificate...thanks/me#1
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Obama camp: Lawsuits by citizens are 'garbage'
Legal challenges spring up across U.S.,
demand proof of eligibility for office
Posted: November 13, 2008
10:30 pm Eastern
By Chelsea Schilling
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

More than a half-dozen legal challenges have been filed in federal and state courts demanding President-elect Barack Obama's decertification from ballots or seeking to halt elector meetings, claiming he has failed to prove his U.S. citizenship status.

An Obama campaign spokeswoman told WND the complaints are unfounded.

"All I can tell you is that it is just pure garbage," she said. "There have been several lawsuits, but they have been dismissed."

WND is tracking the progress of many cases across the U.S.,...

<snip>

The governor's office in Hawaii said he had a valid certificate but rejected requests for access and left ambiguous its origin – leaving some to wonder if the certificate on file with the Department of Health indicates a Hawaiian birth or whether it was generated after the Obama family registered a Kenyan birth in Hawaii.

The Obama campaign posted a certification of live birth, a document stating the baby was born on Aug. 4, 1961. However, according to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, there is a difference between the two documents. A certification of live birth is not an authentication of Hawaiian birth, and critics say the procedure could have allowed Obama's mother to have the baby elsewhere, return to the U.S. and obtain the document in Hawaii.

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands makes a distinction between the two:
In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.

Seeking to settle the issue, Hawaii Department of Health Director Director Chiyome Fukino released an Oct. 31 statement saying, "State law -- Hawai'i Revised Statutes §338-18 -- prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record. Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures."

The statement does not clarify whether "the record" is a certification of live birth or a Hawaiian certificate of live birth.

Before the election, WND retained a top private investigator in Hawaii with extensive FBI training and tasked him with visiting both the Queens Medical Center and the Kaliolani Medical Center to investigate claims that Obama birth certificates existed at either hospital.

However, the private investigator reported that sheriff's deputies were stationed at both hospitals to fend off press inquiries about Obama's birth certificate.

When WND asked the Obama campaign spokeswoman why Obama simply hasn't released the original 1961 certificate of live birth to make the lawsuits go away, she replied, "I have no idea. I think they released what they chose to release, and Hawaii has confirmed that he was born in Hawaii, so I don't know what else you want."
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
dcornutt, I hope you're beginning to see why McCain lost. Look up the word "inept", that was the theme of his campaign, and his top advisors ran it exactly that way. Conservatives held their noses and voted, but they were greatly outnumbered by the inspired Obama drones who recruited in every graveyard, homeless shelter, public park, and foreign country they could find. McCain put so many constraints on his campaign and supporters, he never had a chance. Sarah Palin injected life into his corps of a campaign for a while, but you can't run on battery forever. Conservatives never had a chance to choose a candidate, but if Michael Steele takes the reins of the Republican National Committee, look for a complete housecleaning and return to Conservatism. For now, we hold our positions and wait for reinforcements. Give NO ground.

Although I agree his campaign could have been run better, McCain lost primarily because of the downturn in the economy and the ease with which the DNC nailed him to the cross with it as "Bush's" economy and that his policies would be more of the same.

2ndly, the vote spread was 5% and the numbers weren't all that much different from 2004. The "youth vote", was 1% higher. RNC voting was down slightly. Where McCain "really" lost ground from 2004 was with moderates and women. (ie..soccer moms...voted for obama by 60% or better). Most of them cited "the economy" as the main reason. Some of them were put off by Palin.

I think the RNC has a lot of rethinking/regrouping to do. I just hope they do it.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't have much to do with BO's birth certificate except to illustrate how the McCain campaign failed to attack Obama on a number of legitimate issues, this being one. McCain even took such issues off the table and tried to play "Mr. Nice Guy". Worse, he tried to "me too" the Democrat platform, only not as Liberal. As long as the RNC continues to ape the Democrats and try to be "Democrats lite", they will continue to get hammered. They need to return to their first principles of Fiscal and Social Conservatism. Reagan didn't chase Moderates, he attracted them because of his ideas. Michael Steele just might be able to rebuild the RNC; but he will have to get rid of a lot of dead wood in the process. There is another party for Liberals; it is called the Democratic Party...and never the twain should meet.

...this is off topic, so I won't post any more on this side issue. Maybe someone needs to start a topic on why the Republicans keep losing and what they need to do to win.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is...since a few years before Obama was born, the US law was that anyone born to a U.S. citizen....is a U.S. citizen. That's whether they are in France at the time, or out to sea in International waters, etc.

The "document" argument is entirely a moot point I believe. Beyond that, there are other public records that also document his birth place and day (like newspaper birth announcements, etc.)

I think more interesting might be his time in Indonesia...that he doesn't talk about so much. Perhaps, that's because his Indonesian father was an arse. Perhaps it's something else. I believe, if memory serves, he left there to go back the States to be with his Grandma and attend school (meaning is Mom stayed behind in Indonesia). He changed his name back to his fathers name and continued on from there.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcornutt, actually the law was not as you thought, and that goes to the heart of the argument. Not only did at least one parent have to be a U.S. citizen, that parent must have met other requirements, which I won't rehash here. The reinterpretation of the 14th Amendment later led to what are now called "anchor babies", in that just being born on U.S. soil qualifies for U.S. citizenship, even if neither parent is a U.S. citizen. Since Obama's mother was the only U.S. citizen, she had to meet certain age and residency requirements, which she did not, but those issues are all a part of the various lawsuits. Add to the mix giving Obama Indonesian citizenship, which was required for him to attend the schools he attended and which did not allow him to retain his U.S. citizenship because they don't allow dual citizenship even if he originally had U.S. citizenship, and it makes for a great soap opera...which will end soon, and most likely, in Obama's favor.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, another suit added: Alan Keyes, AIP leaders sue in CA court to obtain Obama citizenship proof
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a moment to do a search for "Obama citizenship" just to see what breadth of coverage this issue might be generating in Pravda West and, quite expectedly, found little or nothing. However, one reference did appear that I thought might amuse SVPT forum members all too familiar with leftist media's approach to "inconvenient truths".

Were one to look for a text book example of the liberal bias infecting contemporary (cough) "journalism", perhaps the following might serve...on MANY levels.

Just prior to the election, Texas State Board of Education member Cynthia Dunbar, R-Richmond, had the effrontery to actually exercise her First Amendment rights on the Obama citizenship issue "...in an opinion piece written for Christian Worldview Network".

"State Board of Education"?! "Obama citizenship"?!! "Christian Worldview"?!!! "REPUBLICAN"?!!!!

With lone star leftist craniums undoubtedly EXPLODING, The Dallas Morning News was presented with a quandary...how to satiate liberal pique, kneecap Miss* Dunbar and her issue yet mitigate the damage that an exposure of her "views" might engender. Enter Terence Stutz and the "Trail Blazers Blog"...buried somewhere in the back pages of DallasNews.com.

The bias and misrepresentation of fact in this "news story" is profound and familiar. Hip boots recommended...

Quote:
Texas education board member recycles Obama citizenship rumor
Terrence Stutz
Trail Blazers Blog
The Dallas Morning News
Nov 03, 2008

A State Board of Education member has come under fire for recycling the long discredited rumor that Barack Obama is not a U.S. citizen and therefore cannot serve as president. In an opinion piece written for Christian Worldview Network, board member Cynthia Dunbar, R-Richmond, said Mr. Obama is not a citizen and has refused to document his citizenship - an assertion that has been rejected by the federal courts and independent experts even though it continues to circulate on right wing blogs.

The Democratic nominee for president produced his birth certificate several months ago indicating he is a natural born citizen who was born on Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. The birth certificate has been authenticated by state officials in Hawaii, and a copy is readily available for viewing on the Internet. Apparently, the evidence is not good enough for Ms. Dunbar, an attorney who graduated with a law degree from the Virgina college founded by televangelist Pat Robertson, Regent University. Ms. Dunbar also accused Mr. Obama of sympathizing with America's enemies.

"It's stunning that a board member who helps decide what Texas children learn in their public schools would say something so disgusting and reprehensible," said Kathy Miller of Texas Freedom Network. "She should be taking refresher courses in civics and good citizenship, not deciding what Texas kids learn."

The Dallas Morning News

*"Ms." has been surgically removed from my lexicon.

Update: Looking into this a bit further, Miss Dunbar is, apparently, a poster girl for leftist demonization in Texas.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way you look at this, I would not get excited about it until it's actually resolved. We all have our hopes, but none of us has the facts, no matter how suspicious all of this looks.

I am not all surprised by the left wing spin on this story, it's exactly what I expect from them, unfortunately. The stakes here could not be higher, therefore, the left should be expected to use any means at their disposal to protect Obama's rise into the presidency, legal or otherwise. I'm dead serious, I do NOT trust the left to be truthful!

This is right up there with Lurch's 180, "sign the form, Lurch". This time it's "release the birth certificate, Obama". I'm not holding my breath in either case. Sad
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
dcornutt, actually the law was not as you thought, and that goes to the heart of the argument. Not only did at least one parent have to be a U.S. citizen, that parent must have met other requirements, which I won't rehash here. .......

Is there any reason or evidence out there to suggest that his mom may not have been a U.S. Citizen when BO was born?
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OBAMA ADMITS HE WAS BRITISH CITIZEN AT BIRTH
http://www.blogtext.org/naturalborncitizen/article/29871.html?OBAMA+ADMITS+HE+WAS+BRITISH+CITIZEN+AT+BIRTH+-+AS+SUCH+OBAMA+IS+NOT+A+NATURAL+BORN+CITIZEN+OF+US

This thing gets stickier every day.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcornutt wrote:
TEWSPilot wrote:
dcornutt, actually the law was not as you thought, and that goes to the heart of the argument. Not only did at least one parent have to be a U.S. citizen, that parent must have met other requirements, which I won't rehash here. .......

Is there any reason or evidence out there to suggest that his mom may not have been a U.S. Citizen when BO was born?

Yes, and it's in this thread. Not that she wasn't a US citizen, but she did not meet the legal requirements for her offspring to be UC citizens, if they were not born on US soil. It has to do with her age at the time of giving birth, and meeting the minimum number of years of residency, which she fails.

The only thing that will help Obama is a BC showing that he was indeed born in Hawaii, and not abroad. He may have that birth certificate, but he has not shown it to date, or allowed anyone to have access to it.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First Court Hearing on Obama's Birth Certificate on Tuesday, Nov 18, 2008
http://www.rightsidenews.com/200811162625/editorial/first-court-hearing-on-obama-s-birth-certificate-on-tuesday-nov-18-2008.html

It will be interesting to see what the Hawaiian court says tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: