SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Fox's Wallace defends Bush at screening"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: "Fox's Wallace defends Bush at screening" Reply with quote

From Drudge...Bravo Chris Wallace...

Quote:
Fox's Wallace defends Bush at screening
Takes on Hollywood filmmaker
Jon Ward
Washington Times
Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fox News journalist Chris Wallace on Monday evening defended President Bush against criticism by Hollywood filmmaker Ron Howard that the president has abused his office in a way similar to President Richard Nixon.

"Richard Nixon's crimes were committed purely in the interest of his own political gain," Mr. Wallace told Mr. Howard before an audience of a few hundred after viewing the filmmakers new film "Frost/Nixon," which is about the only U.S. president to resign from office.

"I think to compare what Nixon did, and the abuses of power for pure political self preservation, to George W. Bush trying to protect this country — even if you disagree with rendition or waterboarding — it seems to me is both a gross misreading of history both then and now," Mr. Wallace said.

Mr. Wallace was a member of the audience at a special preview screening of "Frost/Nixon," which depicts the process that led to the disgraced presidents confession of failure. The screening was held at the National Geographic building in Washington. The movie opens nationwide Friday.

Washington Times - cont'd

More here...

Quote:
Bush = Nixon? Not So Fast, Says FNC’s Chris Wallace
The FOX Forum
December 2nd, 2008

But then “FOX News Sunday” host Chris Wallace, braving the liberal wind, asked a question, which was actually more of an accusation. “To compare George W. Bush to Richard Nixon is to trivialize Nixon’s crimes and is a disservice to Bush,” Wallace said. Recalling that 3,000 people were killed on 9/11, and noting that there hadn’t been any attacks on U.S. soil since, Wallace suggested that something had been done right. That’s why, he said, “we are all sitting here tonight so comfortably”—and not afraid of another terrorist attack. Moreover, Wallace said, “Richard Nixon’s crimes were committed solely for his own political gain, whereas George W. Bush was trying to protect the American people.” To suggest otherwise, Wallace insisted, “was a grave misrepresentation of history, then and now.” And, amazingly, Wallace received a smattering of applause.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about time someone put these liberial scum bags in their place. What is wrong with the GOP leadership that they are unable to tell the truth in defence of our President.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky, the Republicans thought the Democrats were just going to give them a vasectomy, and when they woke up from the anesthetic,...... Shocked

...but there may be a flicker of hope....

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for the flicker.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing all but two Republicans vote to confirm Hillary for Secretary of State yesterday, that flicker is beginning to seem more like a cool smoulder.

It is beginning to look more like the "loyal opposition" has become more of a "cooperative opposition."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems probable that the bastions of Senate integrity are about to confirm a nominee for Sect. of the Treasury who is a self-admitted tax fraud.

I'm barely able to restrain my sense that America, as we have come to know and love it, is on its deathbed.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear that you are correct, #1. We have traversed too far along the slippery slope to reverse course. My only consolation is that it is the younger generation that voted for the "change", that will also have to live with it.
Myself, at 72 years of age come Saturday, not that many years left to dream of "what might have been".
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: