SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama Birth Certificate/Eligibility Lawsuits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Court won't review Obama's eligibility to serve

The Donofrio case.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profiles in courage...not...and the Obama Presidency will pay a steep price.

I don't believe this is going to go away.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Profiles in courage...not...and the Obama Presidency will pay a steep price.

I don't believe this is going to go away.

Obama is asking for steep price by virtue of his stonewalling on the matter. Somebody should have asked the Supremes just exactly how the requirements for the office of President are fulfilled, and who has the authority to see that they are met. So far, it's nobody!

This presents a constitutional crisis, IMO.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is proof that even the Supreme Court is corrupt.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, the Supreme Court has been corrupt since at least the time of FDR and his stacking it...if not longer. This just removes all doubt. We are no longer a nation ruled by LAW but by LAWYERS.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite surprisingly (at least to me), David Horowitz argues against further pursuit of the issue...but I'm not clear that he grasps the basis for the Donofrio lawsuit...

Quote:
December 08, 2008

Obama Derangement Syndrome
Shut up about the birth certificate.

By David Horowitz

The continuing efforts of a fringe group of conservatives to deny Obama his victory and to lay the basis for the claim that he is not a legitimate president is embarrassing and destructive. The fact that these efforts are being led by Alan Keyes, a demagogue who lost a Senate election to the then-unknown Obama by 42 points, should be a warning in itself.

This tempest over whether Obama, the child of an American citizen, was born on American soil is tantamount to the Democrats’ seditious claim that Bush “stole” the election in Florida and hence was not the legitimate president. This delusion helped to create the Democrats’ Bush derangement syndrome and encouraged Democratic leaders to lie about the origins of the Iraq war, and regard it as illegitimate as Bush himself. It became “Bush’s War” rather than an American War — with destructive consequences for our troops and our cause.

The birth-certificate zealots are essentially arguing that 64 million voters should be disenfranchised because of a contested technicality as to whether Obama was born on U.S. soil. (McCain narrowly escaped the problem by being born in the Panama Canal zone, which is no longer American.)

What difference does it make to the future of this country whether Obama was born on U.S. soil? Advocates of this destructive campaign will argue that the constitutional principle regarding the qualifications for president trumps all others. But how viable will our Constitution be if five Supreme Court justices should decide to void 64 million ballots?

Conservatives are supposed to respect the organic nature of human societies. Ours has been riven by profound disagreements that have been deepening over many years. We are divided not only about political facts and social values, but also about what the Constitution itself means. The crusaders on this issue choose to ignore these problems and are proposing to deny the will of 64 million voters by appealing to five Supreme Court Justices (since no one is delusional enough to think that the four liberal justices are going to take the presidency away from Obama). What kind of conservatism is this?

It is not conservatism; it is sore loserism and quite radical in its intent. Respect for election results is one of the most durable bulwarks of our unity as a nation. Conservatives need to accept the fact that we lost the election, and get over it; and get on with the important business of reviving our country’s economy and defending its citizens, and — by the way — its Constitution.

— David Horowitz is the author of Party of Defeat

National Review
Stevie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has Horowitz lost his mind?

it has nothing to do with being conservative or not voting for BO.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the requirements to be POTUS !!!

If you don't meet those, you can't be POTUS!!

GEEZE - why is this so hard for some people?

I'm not super brilliant, didn't finish college, have a medical problem that screws up my thinking a lot and take meds that probably screw up my thinking also - and I STILL understand this!!

tho, I am no longer allowed to work in the real world (lol!) - seems to me a lot of these people should be banned from it also!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if they like to stick their thumbs in our eyes, they should keep the rest of their fingers away from their own faces.

Quote:
From the Ron Kessler article at Newsmax:

"Aside from that official verification of Obama’s birth in Hawaii, back on Aug. 31, 1962, the Honolulu Advertiser ran an announcement of his birth.

“Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalaniaaole Hwy., son, Aug. 4,” the announcement said"

Quote:
From the "Inside Cover, Supreme Court Won't Review Obama's Eligibility for Presidency" article on Newsmax:

"Allegations raised on the Internet say the birth certificate, showing that Obama was born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961, is a fake.

But state officials in Hawaii say they checked health department records and have determined there's no doubt Obama was born in Hawaii.

The nonpartisan Web site Factcheck.org examined the original document and said it does have a raised seal and the usual evidence of a genuine document.

In addition, Factcheck.org reproduced an announcement of Obama's birth, including his parents' address in Honolulu, that was published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Aug. 13, 1961."

So which is it, 1961 or 1962? Hawaii or Kenya or Timbuktu? THEY can be sloppy with dates yet call others asking for a validation of the qualifications for POTUS names, eh? Bravo Sierra. Dan Rather had the world convinced that damaging reports on GW Bush were "authentic", too, until bloggers, NOT mainstream "journalists", exposed the fraud. Shame on Malkin and all the rest of the cowards who aren't willing to stand up for the Constitution. Obama may well have been born in Hawaii, but the people of the United States have a right to know that without any doubt.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment obviously affects how we view natural-born citizens because for the first time there is a national rule of who may by birth be a citizen of the United States. Who may be born citizens of the States is conditional upon being born “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States. The legislative definition of “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” was defined as “Not owing allegiance to anybody else.”

This national rule prevents us from interpreting natural-born citizen under common law rules because it eliminates the possibility of a child being born with more than one allegiance.

The primary author of the citizenship clause, Sen. Jacob M. Howard, said the “word jurisdiction, as here employed, ought to be construed so as to imply a full and complete jurisdiction on the part of the United States, coextensive in all respects with the constitutional power of the United States, whether exercised by Congress, by the executive, or by the judicial department; that is to say, the same jurisdiction in extent and quality as applies to every citizen of the United States now.”
http://federalistblog.us/2008/11/natural-born_citizen_defined.html

If someone ever has dual citizenship, then that person is disqualified from ever becoming POTUS.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think I have it figured out.

The Constitution does not apply to Obama.

I should have known.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he should just sell the office to someone like Sarah Palin like Governor Rod Blagojevich wanted to do with his Senate seat. THAT would be "change we could believe in", and it would end the controversy.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Obama guy may wind up being the most corrupt politician to ever become president elect. With all his cronies dropping all around him, I wonder if he can stay out of jail between now and the swearing in.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Scooter Libby go to prison for failing to recollect less than we already know Obama and his gang are on the record for knowing about Gov. Blago's shennanigans? Levin was playing clips of Axlerod and even Obama admitting to having discussed a replacement for Obama's Senate seat and even the multiple endorsements Blago and Obama gave each other going back to Blago's run for state legislature. C'mon, Fitz, investigate THEM like you did Libby. Fair is fair, right? No politics, unbiased investigations, right?......yeah, right. Maybe you should even force Obama to produce his birth certificate to prove he really IS Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. We certainly don't want you to send the wrong man to prison.

By the way, have you seen the video of Bill Richardson telling a crowd of hispanics during the campaign to vote for Obama because he is an IMMIGRANT just like them? It's on World Net Daily and Hot Air and probably lots of others by now. C'mon, SCOTUS, do your job.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
C'mon, Fitz, investigate THEM like you did Libby.

Libby was indicted and convicted for lying under oath. I believe Fitzgerald and his grand jury will afford a goodly percentage of the corrupt Chicago machine the same opportunity.

Should be an interesting few months.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby was convicted for lying under oath about a non-crime...the oldest trick in the prosecutor's book...don't convict on the non-crime, convict on lying about it.

Stirring the pot, maybe Fitz could ask Blogo, "under oath", if he has seen the vault copy of Obama's birth certificate and if he can swear, "under oath", that Obama meets all qualifications for POTUS...twofer, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: