SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket Obama, For Real

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Pocket Obama, For Real Reply with quote

Buy The Pocket Obama (10 copies)

http://www.historycompany.com/productdetails.php?p=128

$49.50 Printed in a size that easily fits into pocket or purse, this book is an anthology of quotations borrowed from Barack Obama's speeches and writings. POCKET OBAMA serves as a reminder of the amazing power of oratory and the remarkable ability of this man to move people with his words. His superb and captivating oratory style has earned comparisons to John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, and this historic collection presents words that catapulted his remarkable rise to the American Presidency. It is an unofficial requirement for every citizen to own, to read, and to carry this book at all times.
Includes themes of democracy, politics, war, terrorism, race, community, jurisprudence, faith, personal responsibility, national identity, and above all, his hoped-for vision of a new America. POCKET OBAMA is a portable, everyday primer for readers who want to examine the substance of his thought and reflect on the next great chapter in the American story.

Have you gotten yours yet?

Reminds me of Mao's Little Red Book.. Maybe a sign of the future..
(alt+p)[/img]

Last edited by jmckay8497 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You can fool some of the people......................."

The above quote was the first thing that came to mind.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this post, I found myself anticipating a punchline. Surely this was something from 'The Onion" or some other satirical source....

Quote:
Pocket or purse bulge a problem? NO PROBLEM ! ! !

As an additional bonus...if you act RIGHT NOW, you'll receive the 'Obama's Record' laminated card, suitable for pocket, wallet or purse...and ALL occasions...ABSOLUTELY FREE ! ! !

It wasn't.

While I would like to dismiss this as a simple demonstration of capitalizing on a popular theme to make a quick buck (they also, rather appropriately, offer the "Brooklyn Bridge"), this type of enterprise will probably not lack for a market...with our educational establishment providing a captive source to whom this type of leftist propagandizing will be peddled.

What's gonna stop them?

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Reading this post, I found myself anticipating a punchline. Surely this was something from 'The Onion" or some other satirical source....

Quote:
Pocket or purse bulge a problem? NO PROBLEM ! ! !

As an additional bonus...if you act RIGHT NOW, you'll receive the 'Obama's Record' laminated card, suitable for pocket, wallet or purse...and ALL occasions...ABSOLUTELY FREE ! ! !

It wasn't.

While I would like to dismiss this as a simple demonstration of capitalizing on a popular theme to make a quick buck (is there a more long-standing American tradition?), this type of enterprise will probably not lack for a market...with our educational establishment providing a captive source to whom this type of leftist propagandizing will be peddled.

What's gonna stop them?

Well, one would hope that common sense would stop them. Not that I see a lot of that these days. Sad
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Obama Speeches A National Hit "This is Crazy" Reply with quote

Japanese learns English from Obama speech textbook
Reuters.com ^ | Jan 20, 2009 3:59pm EST | Yoko Kubota

Posted on 01/25/2009 7:33:58 PM PST by Gordon Greene

TOKYO (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama's speeches are proving a best-seller in Japan -- as an aid to learning English.

An English-language textbook, "The Speeches of Barack Obama," has sold more than 400,000 copies in two months, a big hit in a country where few hit novels sell more than a million copies a year.

Japanese have a fervor for learning English and many bookstores have a corner dedicated to dozens of journals in the language, many of them now featuring the new U.S. leader's face.

"Speeches by presidents and presidential candidates are excellent as listening tools to learn English, because their contents are good and their words are easy to catch," said Yuzo Yamamoto of Asahi Press, which produced the best-selling text book.

"Obama's is especially so. His speeches are so moving, and he also uses words such as 'yes, we can,' 'change' and 'hope' that even Japanese people can memorize," he said...

This all must be a bad dream, and I hope I wake up and it is all a lie!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they should market them as a four pack along with "Mao's Little Red Book", Owlgore's Global Warming scambook and DVD, and Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals". The good side is, since America is fast becoming an illiterate nation of drones, maybe other countries will catch on quicker to the scams and put the brakes on the New World Order...we can only "hope".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: