SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Tea Parties around the 4th of July

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: More Tea Parties around the 4th of July Reply with quote

Just in case anyone was interested.

www.teapartyday.com

I know I will be attending. I think now more than ever we need to get active and be out there. I keep telling everyone I know to write to the Whitehouse (I know but it is suppose to be the most accesible..LOL) and their Senators.

Shocked
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you contact the White House or Congress, be sure to use the greeting/salutation that Obama now uses, especially when pandering to Muslim audiences such as in Cairo, "Salami Lick 'em"
...wouldn't want them to think you are a "low level terrorist" or anything.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Central E. Texas:
Quote:
INDEPENDENCE DAY TEA PARTY
July Fourth at the Lufkin Expo
1200 Ellen Trout Drive, Lufkin TX

* Fun for the whole family!
* Celebrate America's Freedom with fellow Patriots -
* Live Music starting at 4 pm with Booths representing our various Rights
* Food Available
* Program begins at 6 pm with Speakers to discuss the State of our Liberty: Past, Present and Future
* Program ends at dark with the Ellen Trout Zoo Fireworks Display

jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tea parties should include a protest against the "breath" tax aka cap and trade. See my thread on Enron's global warming scam for the real reason for this tax.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended my first tea party last night. Quite the experince and it was nice to be around people who feel like I do. Sometimes I just do not understand how people are not e-mailing or calling their Senators. I did both on the Cap N Tax aka Trade.

Scary, Scary stuff happening and I wonder if American's are truly that lazy, that illinformed or just lack the concern about what this President is doing to our country. It makes me sick to my stomach to realize that most Americans can not take the 20 seconds it take to send a e-mail but I sure do get enough junk e-mail! Just so darn SAD Crying or Very sad
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa, you nailed it....most folks are either too lazy or too busy or both. The lady who runs the local office for my U.S. Representative lives at the end of my block, so I don't have to call or visit the office, I just have to walk down the street and talk to her or hand her a HAND WRITTEN letter to give or send to him, and I make a point of knowing when he is back here in "flyover country" so I can bend his ear. I even get the robo-calls from him and from both of my Senators when they set up one of those "tele-conferences" where you get to sit there on hold and then ask a question when your name or number comes up. It takes a little digging to find out when they are in the vicinity, but it is worth the effort to look at their schedules if folks are serious about getting some face time with them when the opportunity presents itself....and those phone calls to Washington DO work.

Let's see how many TEA parties actually happen and how the media under-report them and misreport their message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: