SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sarah Palin Resigns! Wow! Did not see that one coming....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Sarah Palin Resigns! Wow! Did not see that one coming.... Reply with quote

I am not sure how she is playing this? Did the attacks get too much. I now she had over $500,000.00 in legal fees as the DNC in Alaska kept throwing ethical lawsuit after another - yet she was cleared of everything thus so far.

Of course I am not sure if she is doing this to further her political aspirations and the DNC will stay how she quit in Alaska and would quit as a President?

The DNC are putting out rumors that a scandal is around the corner.

I just wish we had someone on the RNC that could stand up and make a difference. They all seem to have the same affiliation President Obama does...they have seem to have lost their spine!

It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next couple of days...but we do need someone who has a strong character and bring the party togethr instead of this petty bickering...will someone on the RNC PLEASE grow up and act like an adult??? Is there such a hope out there for us?

Just not sure. The party has let me down too many times to count and the last time by allowing John McCain to be our candidate for President.

John McCain might have had the strong character but he turned his back too many times on his republican faithful and still is not a true republican but a rather wishy washy Senator.

Just do darn disappointed in Governor Palin's decision to step down.

Any thoughts?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real shocker, is how I see it. I suppose that we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out between now and 2012.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One plausible theory is that with the constant barrage of phony "ethics" complaints, she and her husband are facing half a million in legal bills, plus, running a state and swatting these gnats is too much of a distraction from her ability to run the office of Governor, so being the class act she is, she is resigning for the sake of the folks of Alaska, who deserve a full time Governor. Also, this frees her up to run for POTUS in 2012 without the shackles of having to run back and forth to Alaska to handle state business all the time while campaigning, the distances would make it prohibitive compared to a governor or Senator from one of the lower 48 states....the truth is in there somewhere, probably.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever her plans, she is keeping her cards close in to her chest.

This is one savvy woman and in spite of what the hateful left thinks, I doubt for a minute they scared her off.

Everything being claimed right now is pure speculation, but judging by the perceived righteous anger in her voice today, I sincerely doubt we have heard the last from her.

All I can say is, You go girl!
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She caught everyone here by susprise. Surprised Confused

The only speculation I've heard that makes any sense to me, is her running for Don Young's seat in the house.

Whatever she's going to do, I'm sure it will be another susprise.

Happy Independence Day!
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus far, she's keeping her own council about what she is up to. I do believe her when she said that her opposition is affecting her ability to govern with all of these nit-picking ethics charges that force her attention away from where she would to place like it.

I don't believe, for a second, that she's thrown in the towel, and given up. But, I have no inside info to support anything here, it's all a WAG at this point.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last place to look for truthful insight into Palin is the DNC, or any liberal bastion. They would see the country go down the tubes before they would admit that she has any redeeming qualities whatsoever.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats and liberal media attacks on her and her family and all these spurious, baseless ethics charges have made it very hard for her to do her job is the way I see it.
What her future plans are is anybody's guess but if she clears out of the political arena we as a nation have lost one of very few 'good' politicians.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One credible theory is that she is going to wait until Obama totally destroys the country after two terms and then run for POTUS. The country will be starving for a return to Conservatism by then.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
One credible theory is that she is going to wait until Obama totally destroys the country after two terms and then run for POTUS. The country will be starving for a return to Conservatism by then.

I don't think he's going to get re-elected, as buyer's remorse is setting in already, and will only get worse fast.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:

At the rate he's going, one half of one term should just about do it. If he gets the Energy (Cap & Trade) bill passed and his Natl. Health care passed that should just about do it.
Cap & Trade by itself has the potential to decimate our economy.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe she's decided to take Johnny Paycheck's advice and say "take this job and shove it."
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could have been a real home run hit by Palin according to a poster on a ag-related forum. Here is what he said below:

When Sarah Palin gave her speech the other day she could have hit a Home Run if she had held up a piece of paper and said "by the way I have a birth certificate".

And I thnk that it was a very good observation indeed.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not see it coming, but it isn't over yet. As Alaska Governor can she bring out of the shadows the operatives that keep bringing investigations against her and Alaska Republicans.

Can she now fight back without endangering the money she helped bring back to Alaska through her Energy programs and by eliminating the corruption in government.

Can she now fight the broader nasty political corruption by those who would squander the states money for frivolous lawsuits? Just a thought! And a prayer that is the case.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think she will come out swinging...I do hope so much that she stays the course....we truly need someone like her to run!

I do think Obama is done for in 4 years. My thought process is after 4 years of Obama as President....it will be another 80 years before the people forget what the DNC did to our country.

The American People might be stupid (and we know that after this election) but they will learn the hard way! (That is MY HOPE)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: