SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sarah Palin Resigns! Wow! Did not see that one coming....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think she will come out swinging...I do hope so much that she stays the course....we truly need someone like her to run!

I do think Obama is done for in 4 years. My thought process is after 4 years of Obama as President....it will be another 80 years before the people forget what the DNC did to our country.

The American People might be stupid (and we know that after this election) but they will learn the hard way! (That is MY HOPE)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard some talking head on the radio say this hurts her...now follow the logic....because the American people expect their leaders to be superhuman and take all the blows and not quit, so by quitting, she will be perceived as "can't take the heat". Given these are the same people who elected Obama, there may be some truth to it, this being the "reality TV", "Jerry Springer", "Oprah", "American Idol" generation of voters, and who knows how they will react.

It was a calculated risk. I think it was a principled decision to protect her state from the frivolous money draining ethics complaints and to protect her family from the vicious personal attacks from a media and blogosphere and Chicago style thug political machine that is beneath contempt. It surrenders the "bully pulpit" of a governorship, but it frees her from the daily obligations and legal encumberances of running a state so she can concentrate on politics and responding to the attacks. Her PAC has already raised some 3/4 of a million dollars, so somebody must be supporting her. She wouldn't have been driven to make this decision if we still had a "free" press that was true to its calling and reported the news and provided honest commentary and policed itself, ....but then, we don't, do we?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: