SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry was in Camboda before he wasn't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Kerry was in Camboda before he wasn't Reply with quote

Now his campaign managers are saying that he meant to say he was 58 mile from Cambodia. How does that square with his saying in a book that he "shot a man whose carabou cow got in the way of a firefight between his crew and Viet Cong, five miles inside the border?"

Remember, it is the coverup and retreating which always come back to get a policitian..

He's toast
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://instapundit.com/images/kerrycambfull.jpg

Congressional record
--Christmas in Cambodia, by JK
R Durant
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_________________________________________________________ Third Paragraph Down, Right hand Colum

This is on the Senate floor, lieing under oath to protect the Constitution
Not presidential material

Nixon made the speech he is refering to a long time after the date
in question. Nixon was not president Christmass of 68

Last edited by R Durant on Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Column 3, paragraphs 3-4.

Cool

Credit where credit is due: I saw a blowup of this from Dean Reynolds yesterday.
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exertps from Roger L. Simon about an interview to Boston Herald where he claims he was five miles inside Cambodia

[For some reason, among the many stories, a subchapter entitled "Christmas in 'Cambodia' - Vietnam, December 1968" struck a special chord with me. Apparently, on the floor of the US Senate in 1986, Kerry asserted he was ordered into Cambodia in Christmas 1968. As he later told the Boston Herald, "I remember spending Christmas of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

Never mind that Nixon was not yet president at Christmas of 1968, a whole slew of people, quoted in the chapter say it was impossible for Kerry to have been within fifty miles of Cambodia. They also say where he was and what he did. (It wasn't pretty.) Are they lying? Well, consider this. Despite having been repeated by Kerry many times over the years, this story (according to the chapter) is curiously absent from the Senator's recent laudatory campaign bio Tour of Duty. Why, if it was so important to him, so meaningful?

Now why do I find this kind of petty prevarication so disturbing? Well, I don't like the idea of having a man who sounds like a pathetic barroom blowhard (and that's what he sounds like to me) becoming President of the United States in a time of war. People like this start to believe their own lies. Maybe the greater good of Kerry's "policies" outweighs this for some people. They'll have to explain that to me. But they'll also have to explain all the rest of this book... in detail.]

Go here to see more http://rogerlsimon.com/mt-archives/2004/08/cambodia_mon_am.php
Roger L. Simon: Cambodia, Mon Amour
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent thread
thordaddy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did other Swift Boat Commanders EVER find themselve so far off course like John Kerry?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: