SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nightline Kinda looks like a setup, hope I am wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CupertinoCA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Nightline Kinda looks like a setup, hope I am wrong Reply with quote

It makes no sense to interview a reporter only about the story. Clearly they could get others, like the actual Veterans themselves.

If, and that is a big if, the only guest is this reporter, it will be the Media looking at how the media covers the story. That is they way the pay lip service to a topic but make themselves the issue.

How many times do we hear the "are we covering this too much? line.

We have already seen a biased reporter from the Boston Globe actively spin falsehoods in his headline. After that headline all the other reporters picked it up.

If Ted Koppel does not bring on anyone from Kerry Campaign to answer some of the question you know it a setup. Same too if the have a Kerry guy and the reporter is the only skeptic.

Key phrase to look for is Koppel saying " should the media even cover a story like this"

If Koppel gets "Media coverage reflective" this early in the story, watch out, the are in cover how the story is covered mode, instead of covering the the story.....they do this for...you guessed it....to cover it all up.

In my opinion only
VictorRussell'92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect anything truthful to come out of that crap tonight. Nightline has already describes the Swiftvets as "the Veterans for Bush" It's going to be an ugly ugly show tonight. Sad
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a hatchet job, of course, but books sales will go up and the story will just get more attention. They fairly well have proof in hand the "Cambodia in Christmas" story was a farce. If there is no mention of this easily verified lie, well, you get the point. But inadvertently even a hatchet job from the mainsteam press helps.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Christmas in Cambodia testimony is "beyond any reasonable doubt". It's proven completely for anyone the wants the truth. I think most Americans do. Barking Moonbats and their 4th Estate don't.

Hammer the media with threats of boycott and public resistance...nonviolent please..that's only for moonbats. 2 or 3 hundred people picketing the NY Slimes might get some attention.

Are there 200 Americans in NYC? Laughing
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree probably not ging to be good, but here is my e-mail to Nightline.

I see you will be talking about the Swift boat controversy over Senator Kerry's war record and post-war activity. I for one do not want to see this as a Bush vs Kerry thing. It has nothing to do with Bush, anymore than Michael Moore's movie had to do with Kerry. I want to know the bloody TRUTH. And the only way I see of knowing that is for Kerry to release all of his military records. It is a simple thing to do. I am very concerned over these allegations and I want ANSWERS, not your normal spinning stuff around until all we get is cotton candy. PLEASE

Also watching Brit Hume......he is hitting the Cambodia thing hard. Fred saying simple to check and see if that other guy signed the paper when the Dr. treated Kerry's "wound". Thank God for FOX news!! Geez all we want is the flippin TRUTH. The libs are squirming in their seats.
MiltonThrasher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: What happened to demand letter re: Newsweek photo 3/8/04? Reply with quote

Alvin A. Horne , Attorney at Law, Houston, Texas letter to
Marc Erik Elias, Esquire ,General Counsel to John Kerry for President, Inc.
wrote a cease and desist demand letter to be responded to within 10 days

RE: Photograph on pages 24 and 25, Newsweek issue dated March 8, 2004 and Kerry Campaign Lifetime Ad dated May 3, 2004.

What ever happened to that situation?

That could be a good call-in to tonight's Nightline.
in his books and speeches. Vote for Bush/Cheney '04. Korean War vet.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: re foxnews and oreilly Reply with quote

did anyone just watch oreilly he had gardner, he was so rude to him tried to contradict everything he said, tried to talk him down, oreilly was very angry, who is this man I don't reconise hi any more, just sent him e-mail, I am so angry wth him
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet Koppel would rather talk about where Bush was in AL.
hankholmes
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightline started late (midnight) here in Northern VA.

Unfortunately, it seems like they've spent the first 10 minutes just regurgitating most of the the Democratic anti-SwiftVet talking points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: