SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry, might have Combat related PTSD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hopesquest
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Kerry, might have Combat related PTSD Reply with quote

That would explain his somewhat bizarre bahavior, using 3 small wounds to get stateside.

His making up lies, he truly belives those lies, in his mind they are true.

If he in fact suffers from PTSD, then it was best for all that he went home.

500,000 homeless Vets, most suffer from it, why not him? Can't have a President with it. Who can you trust to test him for it?

Can we demand he get a mental health check?

Combat related PTSD, only gets worse with time, men don't walk in ask to be checked for it, they get pushed or dragged (kicking and screaming) in swearing, that they DON'T have it.

I've lived with DH's PTSD for 21 years, took me 18 before I knew what it was that tormented him, (almost became a murder/ suicide) I see some of
the same signs in Kerry, and that is truly scary.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post trauma in 4 months? I don't think so. According to what I have read he didn't even get that close to combat. PTSD is from continuious exposure over a period of time, not minutes or seconds. If he has PTSD it is more likely that it's from having to sign a prenump with Tah re zah. Semper Fi.
hopesquest
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VA has named the stressor of DH's combat related PTSD to one very eventful night.

(9 men surrounded by 700 VC is plenty stressful)

We are all raised to value life, when you kill (war, car accident, doesn't even matter how but if you are the instrument) even one person, it has to change you. To this day, my father cannot speak of what he went thru on D-Day. DH, can't even remember the last 3 months he was in Bien Hoa.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wonderin ghow much PTSD has been caused in Vets by Kerry's after war actions. Given their treatment

[/url]http://www.mental-health-today.com/ptsd/dsm.htm[url]

The essential feature of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder is the development of characteristic symptoms following exposure to an extreme traumatic stressor involving direct personal experience of an event that involves actual or threatened death or serious injury, or other threat to one's physical integrity; or witnessing an event that involves death, injury, or a threat to the physical integrity of another person; or learning about unexpected or violent death, serious harm, or threat of death or injury experienced by a family member or other close associate (Criterion A1).
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb, a cmparative of the incidence of PTSD between WW2 pacific theater soldiers, vietnam vets, and both Iraqs would show you just how much damage VVAW and other groups did...it's mind boggling
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if being in Vietnam wasn't bad enough, coming home to thereception we did, brought on by the likes of Hanoi John and Jane, Ramsey Clark and all, made it all that much worse.

Fortunately for me, I ended up reenlisting and spent another 6 in the Army and wasn't subjected to as much as some of the other guys were.

If Kerry is afflicted with anything, it should be a very guilty conscience over his lies and slander that hurt all of us.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lew it's sad, but the guys I know who did the best afterward were the ones that stayed i the military until after we'd withdrawn...

kinda makes you sick

"Yah, i don't have PTSD BECAUSE I DIDN"T COME HOME"
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lew it's sad, but the guys I know who did the best afterward were the ones that stayed i the military until after we'd withdrawn...

kinda makes you sick

"Yah, i don't have PTSD BECAUSE I DIDN"T COME HOME"
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
If Kerry is afflicted with anything, it should be a very guilty conscience...

With all due respect Mr. Waters, as a Massachusetts resident for over twenty years, I've never seen John Kerry exhibit any signs of a conscience.

(I could also say that I've never heard him spell "conscience" correctly, but that would be gratuitous.)
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue of "validation" is an essential element in insulating vets from PTSD. This is why we have parades, medals, vets organizations, etc. One cannot go through what we go through - which is essentially contrary to basic humanity - and survive psychologically whole, unless the Greater Community "validates" what we have done in their name, or for their protection. Absent that, a soldier is in real mental limbo, if he is reasonably normal and not a psychopath to begin with. THIS is what the Kerrys of the 70's deprived us of. They turned our patrons and our reason-for-being, the American people, into our enemies.

See Jonathan Shays, M.D. on the web.

I know wherof I speak from my own experience.

Worse, they are in the process of doing the same thing to the current crop of soldiers. The nonsense of supporting the warriors but not the war is a psychological impossibility for the soldier. The goal in many different versions of contrariness on the Left seems to be to make it impossible for this country to defend itself.

I have often thought Kerry was impelled by guilt to join VVAW and protest the war. A kind of expiation for his "sins" in combat, which his high upbringing could not accept. I also think he may have opted to glorify his own service (it is actually sophmoric if you watched the DNC - not to mention politically irrelevant) through this national campaign as a kind of self-justification for an experience he cannot face factually. It seems to be a lifetime pattern for him, to not know who he is, so he just makes it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: