SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC NightLine same ole, same ole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: ABC NightLine same ole, same ole Reply with quote

They totally dropped the ball and I should have known better to hold out any hope!

They said over and over how this (SwiftVets) argument is just personal politics and feelings of veterans - totally discounting the whole issue for the average joe that takes what they (media) say as the Gospel Truth rather than investigating for themselves...of course, you can't reach those types anyway.

WHY?! Why did they NOT address the FACT that John Kerry has made HIS vietnam service and record the center of his campaign, NOT ANY VETERANS??!!

Why won't they expose the TRUTH??!! That John Kerry LIED about his service to APPEAR AS A THE HEROIC VETERAN WHO SHOULD BE PRESIDENT DURING A TIME OF WAR??
THIS IS SOOOO NOT RIGHT!!

I'm STILL hoping SOMEONE will have the guts to get to the REAL HEART OF THE ISSUE!

FOR STARTERS - SHOW THE AMERICAN VOTERS BOTH LETTERS!!!
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: ABC NightLine same ole, same ole Reply with quote

justamom wrote:
WHY?! Why did they NOT address the FACT that John Kerry has made HIS vietnam service and record the center of his campaign, NOT ANY VETERANS??!!

justamom,

You must have gotten fed up with the first half of the program. During the last section Liz who covers the Kerry campaign for the Christian Science Monitor did a pretty good job of explaining why questioning Kerry's record was important.

I audio taped the program. I'll convert the segments to MP3 form tomorrow.

Last edited by air_vet on Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else see it? (or is it just that I'm on the east coast?)
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Nightline, I thought it was really fairly even handed. With the exception of David Halberstam, who has his own twisted view of Vietnam. He had to get in that Iraq was like Vietnam.

Its OK folks. I was surprised. With the exception of Halberstam, it wasn't bad. Well, of course they had to get Mccain's two cents worth in with no rebuttal.

But really, no serious damage was done. IMHO Very Happy
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose what upset/disappointed me most was the fact that they didn't convey what the SwiftVets and ours' real issue is - that HE is avoiding addressing the issues we ARE concerned with and is instead basing his presidential qualification on a bogus vietnam (heroic and highly-decorated) service.

They made it sound more like this was just you all's personal, unhealed wounds from 30 years ago. They didn't "play" enough of the interviews from your guys for people to get the whole picture. (I know, I shouldn't thought they would.)

I'm sorry for not being strong enough (truly), I mean no disrespect at all. I was only a baby during the Vietnam era and was already suffering severely at the hands of a delusional psycho (sorry for the name calling, too).

Even though, as I said earlier, I've never really been able to trust anyone in my life - I DO HAVE TRUST AND FAITH IN Y'ALL AND YOU MAKE ME PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN. GOD BLESS.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justamom,

Have you noticed the increase in traffic by new posters to this forum advocating what you recognized from Nightline..i.e

Go back to hammering Kerry's post war record , which they know wasn't working so they want the focus to go back there?

This will also be the tactic of the media.

Shift the focus, misdirect, muddy the waters...we've seen this act before.

BTW there is no such thing as JUST a mom. A mom is many things but never JUST a mom. Wink
How 'bout doctor,book keeper, chauffeur,cook....etc Very Happy
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In conclusion the hostess said "just like the country the veterans are closely divided". Where is the data to support this claim by ABC?

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: