SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Adds to insult for veterans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Kerry Adds to insult for veterans Reply with quote

This pegs it and is very well said

http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/wooten/2004/081004.html
84rules
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link requires sign-up that asks for more personal information than I am willing to give.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted by Admin

Admin note:

Please do not post the full content of articles in this forum. You may provide a brief excerpt with an appropriate link to the original story only.

Thank you,

Admin
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: For you, Nolan!!! Reply with quote

From the AJC article:
No doubt atrocities occurred. They do in all wars. Even with disciplined armies. But they are not commonplace, nor are they sanctioned. They are rare breakdowns by out-of-control individuals and, as with My Lai, punished. More than 2.7 million men served in Vietnam. The few do not define them.

This is exactly what Nolan can't seem to get thru his head, and why he will always be a dubious historian and a propagandist in my mind. He agrees with Kerry with no proof. Perhaps he can tell us exactly how many "atrocity" courts martial there were in the Vietnam War compared to, say, WWII? No? I thought not, and until he can show that atrocities occurred on an everyday basis, known to all levels of command - like Kerry and the VVAW claimed - he is in the same category as Kerry, and I think we all know the correct name for that category!

Semper Fi!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: