SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush on 9/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Bush on 9/11 Reply with quote

I am so sick of people Monday morning quarterbacking Bush's reaction at first hearing that we were under attack. I cannot even begin to come to terms with what that must have felt like. That shot of him sitting there in that classroom with that look on his face....you can almost, at the same time see the world coming down onto his shoulders.

Had he jumped up and raced out of the classroom, I would have been worried. I find it a show of strength for him to do what he needed to do at that moment and that was, to grasp in his own mind, the unthinkable. To sit there and let it sink in. Gosh, I could not grasp it and it was not up to me to take control of the situation. I cannot imagine what that would be like either.

When we realize that Comrad Kerry, by his own admission, sat for 40 minutes unable to think.......well.....nuff said;/
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL and what he did for that 40 minutes was pretty sad to.
"We just couldn't think"
40 minutes....LOL and he just couldn't think.
I suspect he has had this problem all his life..... ROFL
Quote:
Quote:
KERRY: Had I been reading to children and had my top aide whispered in my ear, "America is under attack," I would have told those kids very politely, nicely, that the president of the United States had something that he needed to attend to, and I would have attended to it.

RUSH: Yay, yay. Well, we went back and did some research -- in fact, John Kerry recently was on Larry King Alive, and Larry King asked him, "Where were you?" -- because we asked this question yesterday. What did he do on 9/11? Where was he? And this prompted curious people to go find out where Kerry was, what he said he had done and, lo and behold, it was Larry King who asked him, and here's Kerry's answer. "I was in the Capitol. We'd just had a meeting. We'd just come into a leadership meeting in Tom Daschle's office looking out at the capitol. As I came in Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come into the building we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized, nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon, and then word came from the White House that they were evacuating, and we were to evacuate, and so we immediately began the evacuation."

That's what John Kerry did on 9/11. "Shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then, boom, right behind us the Pentagon gets hit. So we were told to evacuate, and we evacuated." Okay, how long did they just sit there and think? It should be noted the second plane hit the World Trade Center at 9:03. So Kerry says we watched the second plane come into the building. He's talking about the World Trade Center there, so that happened at 9:03. The plane hit the Pentagon at 9:43. So by virtue of John Kerry's own words he and his fellow senators sat there for 40 minutes realizing, quote, "Nobody could think." That's what John Kerry -- using his own words, folks.

These are not "swift veterans for truth" words. These are not my words. These are not words put together by a Republican contributor from Texas. These are John Kerry's own words from Larry King Alive. I'm not sure which Larry King Alive appearance it was. So while Bush sat there for seven minutes, and I'm sure the Secret Service was securing things for his exit and making plans to get out and go handle the situation, Kerry and his doofus senator friends sat there and admittedly couldn't think for 40 minutes...

Oh My!!!!!

Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Kerry didn't state that he was in Cambodia during 9/11
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time of 9-11, I was on my way home from work to see WTF was going on. I was watching while the second plane hit the other tower and then heard of the plane going down in PA and the one hitting the Pentagon.

They showed President Bush in the class room with those kids and thought he did the correct thing in finishing the book he was reading. That in my opinion was a very class act on his part. Those kids looked like they were in 1st or 2nd grade and if he would of rushed out of there then what would those 7 or 8 year olds would have thought. It was bad enough that I had to explain to my kids what happened after the fact what would it have been like for the teachers to have to explain the President taking off without finishing what he started.

Just with everything else the Left is doing, it does not suprise me that they are bringing this up again.

BLAH BLAH BLAH would've could've should've...But a bunch of crap
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember asking myself if was a "first wave", or a diversion, what's next?
If i was thinking it then others were certainly tring to find out, and that takes a little time.

Then there's this, on the morning of 9/11 .

http://www.longboatobserver.com/showarticle.asp?ai=1874

""A van occupied by men of Middle Eastern descent had pulled up to the Colony stating they had a “poolside” interview with the president, Mooneyhan said. The self-proclaimed reporters then asked for a Secret Service agent by name. Guards from security relayed the request to the receptionist, who had not heard of either the agent or plans for an interview, Mooneyhan said."""
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Larry King Live Transcript Reply with quote

I searched for and found the transcript of the Larry King Live program Rush Limbaugh quoted in his program. The Larry King Live segment aired July 8, 2004. The URL is:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0407/08/lkl.00.html

Once again, John Kerry's own words convict him. The man either cannot remember his own words and statements or believes that we will not. Thank God for the Internet!! Or is it Al Gore we should be thanking?
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard that longboat story before. How frightening:((
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father always told me there are some liars who actually believe what they are saying...they have told so many lies that they actually come to believe them as fact...Maybe that is what John "F" Kerry is doing. He can not remember what he told when and where.

So John Kerry would have told the kids we were under attack and ran our of the room what? Screaming???? I think President Bush handled this in the most dignified way any man or woman could. To question what the President was doing on 09-11 - I think he is just reaching out to anything as he can stand on his own lies. They are sinking him and hopefully sinking him fast. DNC should have voted for anyone other than Kerry!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Larry King Live Transcript Reply with quote

Bob Chamberlain wrote:
The Larry King Live segment aired July 8, 2004. The URL is:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0407/08/lkl.00.html

Aside from the recollection of 911, there is one particularly disgusting interchange in that conversation.

King asks Kerry if he's seen Fahrenheit 911 and Kerry says no. King asks him if he might watch it later and Kerry says that he's been watching it for four years!

King says something like, "But you haven't seen it all put together the way that Moore does."

Evil or Very Mad
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: On Lies and Liars Reply with quote

I certainly hope you are right about Kerry's lies sinking him. I am doing everything I know to do to help the process along. But, you know, to a lot of Americans, it just doesn't matter. Bill Clinton's famous "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" speech can be found at the following URL:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/deny012798.htm

As I'm sure you remember, he looked us all right in the eye and outright lied to us in his most sincere tones. And a very large percentage of the US population just didn't care. They said it was irrelevant to his politics. It is schizophrenic how the mainstream media and the Democrats can hail Kerry's Vietnam service on one hand while, on the other hand, asserting that his lies about it and his later anti-war activities don't matter. We certainly have to keep up the full-court press. I keep sending out emails. I sure hope someone is listening.
JMF
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bush on 9/11 Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
I am so sick of people Monday morning quarterbacking Bush's reaction at first hearing that we were under attack. I cannot even begin to come to terms with what that must have felt like. That shot of him sitting there in that classroom with that look on his face....you can almost, at the same time see the world coming down onto his shoulders.

Had he jumped up and raced out of the classroom, I would have been worried. I find it a show of strength for him to do what he needed to do at that moment and that was, to grasp in his own mind, the unthinkable. To sit there and let it sink in. Gosh, I could not grasp it and it was not up to me to take control of the situation. I cannot imagine what that would be like either.

When we realize that Comrad Kerry, by his own admission, sat for 40 minutes unable to think.......well.....nuff said;/

You say it like there were 2 choices. Either sit in the classroom, or jump and race out of the classroom. I think another choice would be to say.. "I am terribly sorry, but there is something I have to take care of."

You are right, it is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback...
This is the life the president leads. He will constantly be under the most critical eyes, and will have to act accordingly.

That is not what I want our president to be doing when he finds out we are under attack. To give him a pass because you don't know what was going on in is mind is one thing... but defending him and saying it was a "show of strength" is a bit off in my opinion.

fyi, I am an independant voter. I do not really like my choices in this years election.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: