SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry To Speak At VFW Convention
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Kerry To Speak At VFW Convention Reply with quote

Ohio News Now ^ | 8/10/04

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry will address the annual convention of Veterans of Foreign Wars in Cincinnati next week, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Tuesday.

The newspaper said the Ohio Democratic Party on Monday confirmed that Kerry will appear at the convention on August 18, 2004.

The VFW doesn't endorse candidates in presidential elections, but Kerry is expected to address the convention on the topic of health care, the newspaper said.

About 8,000 VFW members are expected to attend the convention that begins Saturday and runs through August 20.

Those attending the convention represent 2.6 million fellow VFW members, and the interests of 25 million other veterans.

----------------------------------------- Exclamation ----------------------------------------

This is peculiar. In his book, The New Soldier, Kerry mocked the VFW and such groups:

And so a New Soldier has returned to America, to a nation torn apart by the killing we were asked to do. But, unlike veterans of other wars and some of this one, the New Soldier does not accept the old myths. We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the "greater glory of the United States. We will not accept the rhetoric.

We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars—in fact, we will find it hard to join anything at all and when we do, we will demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been unable to provide.

We will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese. We will not uphold traditions which decorously memorialize that which was base and grim. It is from these things the New Soldier is asking America to turn.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is it decided which vets get to attend this conference? AND.....sounds like its time for some vets to fly, bus, car, ride horseback, walk....to Cincinatti:)
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry To Speak At VFW Convention Reply with quote

Jette wrote:
Ohio News Now ^ | 8/10/04

This is peculiar. In his book, The New Soldier, Kerry mocked the VFW and such groups:

And so a New Soldier has returned to America, to a nation torn apart by the killing we were asked to do. But, unlike veterans of other wars and some of this one, the New Soldier does not accept the old myths. We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the "greater glory of the United States. We will not accept the rhetoric.

We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars—in fact, we will find it hard to join anything at all and when we do, we will demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been unable to provide.

We will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese. We will not uphold traditions which decorously memorialize that which was base and grim. It is from these things the New Soldier is asking America to turn.

Maybe you need to let Drudge, Rush and others know.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for O'Neill to go do a book signing. Cool
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry To Speak At VFW Convention Reply with quote

Jette wrote:

Someone should make a leaflet with this exact quote and Kerry's picture next to it, and circulate it at the VFW meeting when he shows up. Along with Kerry and Fonda at the same peace rally.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift Vets and their supporters needs to have boots on the ground for this VFW convention. With a few thousand fliers. Some big signs with good sound bites.

They need digital cameras, video cameras, audio recorders to record the events and interactions that happen with them and the other vets.

We could cause a Kerry melt-down right on national TV, we can make it so hot for him. Who is in a position to be there?

What if some of the friendly talk show hosts, moved their show to the VFW convention for the event? Hannity, Rush? Snow? Surely somebody would do it, if Swiftvets called them now.

Swift Vets needs to have people on the ground at every major Kerry appearance in a big city. We have the troops. We just have to set it up so people can hook up.

Dwight
karlaerin
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of Kerry speaking at the VFW Convention, but a thought...

Is it at all possible that the VFW is allowing him to speak out of political correctness and maybe some form of courtesy because he is a Veteran...even though he doesn't deserve the honor?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in hearing the response he gets from members of the VFW. An almost total shunning would be nice. Laughing
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get sand bagged.

He and his campaign handlers will cloak themselves in Old Glory...and have his band of brothers...all 9 of them there to sing his praises and smear more mud on the swifties.

It's ridiculous to allow your adversary any santuary. If Kerry tries to take the VFW...then he's taking your house. And he'll disrespect you while doing it.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this is actually confirmed? I am not sure how far Cincinnati is from where I live - near St. Louis - but if I had some help I would be willing to make the drive. Especially since it does not look like I will be able to make the Sept 12 in DC (can't get anyone to go with me...not familar with DC or how to get around it!).
WoodyTX
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
Does anyone know if this is actually confirmed? I am not sure how far Cincinnati is from where I live - near St. Louis - but if I had some help I would be willing to make the drive. Especially since it does not look like I will be able to make the Sept 12 in DC (can't get anyone to go with me...not familar with DC or how to get around it!).

I just visited DC, and it is handy to have a sense of the city. Basically, the Federal area is safe, but surrounded by not-so-safe area. Public transportation is pretty safe and effective (moreso than the roads).

Also, it is HOT in the summertime.

WoodyTX
mcb58
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tIME TO SEND REQUESTS TO ALL LOCAL POSTS AND DELEGATES REQUESTING TO CANCEL KERRY's APPEARANCE.

THE GREAT FIFTY-EIGHT
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcb58 wrote:
tIME TO SEND REQUESTS TO ALL LOCAL POSTS AND DELEGATES REQUESTING TO CANCEL KERRY's APPEARANCE.

No, Time to send requests to all local posts and delegates that they keep him invited and then confront him with all his lies about his service in Vietnam and his smear of all Vietnam vets.

This is a huge opportunity. Swift Vets and supporters need to be there. An event like this could destroy John Kerry overnight. IF WE TAKE ACTION. Shhh. Don't tell Kerry's handlers.

Who can be there?
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight Callaway wrote:

No, Time to send requests to all local posts and delegates that they keep him invited and then confront him with all his lies about his service in Vietnam and his smear of all Vietnam vets.

I agree. Let him come and then leaflet everyone who shows up.
http://www.stentorian.com/politics/genghis.html
http://www.stentorian.com/politics/warcrim.html

And this one for his friend Michael Moore, who calls the insurgents who are killing American soldiers in Iraq "Minutemen" and "the Revolution." This could, in fact, be trotted out side by side with Kerry's 1971 activities.

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/moore.html[/url]
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know whether VFW has a webpage or some contact information? I am very interested in sending a letter regarding my concerns about Kerry. I think it would be a great idea to let our veterans know what is going on, especially since many do not check the internet for updated news regarding Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: