SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is The Swift Ad Accomplishing What It Wanted?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Hurting Bush? Reply with quote

The fact that Kerry has deployed lawyers is a testament to the fear this ad has engendered. The O'Neill book has got to have them even more terrified, as no doubt, they've read the excerpts, they've seen the details. This has the potential of a full-scale scandal. Kerry can't go too far in trying to beat this back or he risks slander/libel charges lodged AT HIM.

Also, when you try to suppress something in this country, that pretty much ensures the public will be drawn to it in even greater numbers.

I am most curious about McCain's sudden silence. Maybe someone got him the book excerpts and he's feeling a little ashamed. He most certainly is on record as having felt betrayed by Kerry's 1971 testimony. To wrangle medals one doesn't deserve, to inflate one's record, is pretty high on the list of ignoble conduct. Anyone remember the regret of the tragic Mike Borda?
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will Kerry personally respond?
Marcus Vinicius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: What states are actually showing this advertisement? Reply with quote

As I am part of the great 'fly-over' portion of the United States, and have yet to see the ad on television, can someone let me know what states are actually showing the ad? I had heard that only the supposed 'battle-ground-states (18 of them) are airing the ad. Don't you think the whole country could benefit from this ad? Can't you just picture the inner-city east coasters having to watch this ad? Priceless! Twisted Evil
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illinois, Wisconsin, and West Virginia....for now.

Send the link to all your friends so they see it on the internet. It'll save cable fees. Laughing
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
What you forget is that most Americans are not inner-city barking moonbats. Truth still matters to the American people. Unlike you sir who seems to believe it's all a matter of political calculus.

You may not believe it but read the name of our organization! It appears to be beyond you but....the truth will out with the "people".

But never with your friendly moonbats.

ASPB -- Not sure if this comment is directed against me, but if it is, I guess you forgot who I am after you posted over 900 posts. I sure don't have anywhere near the number of posts you do, but that doesn't make me less a believer in this group than you do.

You make statements that seem to question my trust in this organization. Well, if you had any long-term memory, you know where I stand.

My questioning whether this ad could hurt Bush's reelection is a valid and honest question. It's not directed to discredit SBVT at all.

And, yes, presidential elections are based on math and math only. I'm wondering though if you all really do care if Bush is reelected or not? Now, you're tearing down people like me who have stood behind you all since this site was born and it pisses me off big time. Imagine how the undecided or independent voters are going to feel who have no idea if you guys are for real or not?

And, ASPB, you don't need to respond if you're just going to attack me again. If you do, I only ask that you review my few posts before you hit the "Submit" button. And, then, be civil about it.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I know it's late and confusion can set it in. Smile Your confusion.

It was't directed at you. It was directed at the barking moonbat Axsiom on the prior page of the thread, the posting directly before mine.

I know who you are Bhist and appreciate your support and work here.

Best Always,

Tom
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up ASPB. I'll delete my last post if possible so as not to confuse others even more.
Acksiom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
It was't directed at you. It was directed at the barking moonbat Axsiom on the prior page of the thread, the posting directly before mine.

ASPB, I think you should reread the conversation. Bhist's conclusion about your post was the logical one. He was arguing against the ad. I was -- and still am -- questioning his reasoning.

He was the one con the ad.

I was the one (effectively) pro the ad.

Bhist speaks for me as well when he says:

"Imagine how the undecided or independent voters are going to feel who have no idea if you guys are for real or not? And, ASPB, you don't need to respond if you're just going to attack me again. If you do, I only ask that you review my few posts before you hit the 'Submit' button. And, then, be civil about it."

Exactly. I've been attacked based upon -- well, I don't know what, probably a hasty misunderstanding -- and a return to civility would be appreciated.

A review of my posts would show that a few days ago, I said that I would now definitely be voting against Kerry, because of the unanswered SBVFT challenge regarding his Form 180.

Hell, last night I called up the Bernie Ward show on KGO out here in granolaland, and tried to get on the air to correct his selections from the gross liberal misrepresentations hit parade. He quoted a couple of bits off the Corsi Freepboards character assassination hit list, and basically made you folks out to be a republican stalking horse org and nothing else, and blathered a few other things straight off the Moonbat Party Line (and these utter hypocrites complain about Rush Limbaugh?).

Instead of me, they put on this worked-up easily needled guy from Stockton who didn't have his ducks in a row, and Bernie was just vicious to the poor SOB -- he cheated, provoked, interrrupted, and otherwise gererally screwed him over. It enraged me. It was a travesty.

I could have crippled Ward on the Alston matter -- I've read The Bandit's, and others', analysis -- but I'm virtually certain Ward would have had no idea what I was talking about whatsoever. I could have made him look like an incompetent boob thereby, completely without the rhetorical demagoguery in which he engaged.

Or the B&N Unfit for Command page defacement. I doubt he'd heard of that yet either, or known what Akamai is, or what they said, or what it indicates about it being an inside job.

And of course the Form 180 point, including pointing out the spin in the Kerry campaign's statement that they have released all records they received from the Navy -- but what did they request? I would have hammered him about that.

But, you know, what really ticks me off is that I came here tonight with several things in mind. First of all, I wanted to suggest that people buy copies of Unfit for Command and send them to the men and women they know serving in Iraq (and elsewhere). Because I stumbled across a young soldier's blog the other night, and that's what he said he and his fellows wanted most -- reading materials ( http://cbftw.blogspot.com/ ). I wanted to ask why nobody here seemed to have heard of Cafe Press ( http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/ ). I wanted to mention that I had sent the SBVFT url to several lists to which I'm subscribed, and that I'd brought it up on a debate board about my particular, unrelated, field of social activism -- narrowly skirting not only the posting guidelines there, but my own integrity in the process ( http://bbs.babycenter.com/board/baby/1196/thread/1259259 ).

And I come here to find myself being called a barking moonbat by someone because I've been defending the Swiftees ad!?

Yo. Dude. WTF.

And so much for me trying to get on Bernie Ward again, tonight. Instead, I spent the time writing this.

Which I wouldn't have needed to, if somebody -- anybody -- else could have been bothered to set things straight in the past twelve hours.

As I told prdCOmom earlier, I don't need this.

And I certainly don't deserve it. She's the only person here to whom I've spoken at all disrespectfully, and that was nothing more than her own attitude being reflected right back to her.
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us that have had our fill of Kerry's 527's, it's a breath of fresh air to hear another point of view from other HEROS of the Vietnam era tell thewir stories!

As a 41 yr old Gramps, I was in the middle of the controversy and never took the time ( neither did any school I ever attended ) to understand Vietnam! There were REAL MEN with REAL FAMALIES and REAL BLOOD fighting for the United States of America, who believed that what they were doing was 100% RIGHT!

Then came Kerry and his long haired dope smoking pals who called them all MURDERERS! RAPISTS! VILLAGE BURNERS! and worse!

GRRRRRRRRR!

I am a Houston Texas GrandPa and I will take a good look at a home built by a major contributor to this cause in the future! He did the right thing! Partisan or NOT!

Did they think that a Pro-Kerry contributor would want this TRUTH to come to light?

You Swifty's take the heat and carry on!

RIGHT IS RIGHT!
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ads are very effective, but I think they are only going to affect the undecided voters, which is a pretty small group, but an important group.

The Bush bashers aren't going to be swayed away from Kerry's past. They have hated Bush since day one and are going to blindly follow any candidate that opposes him.

I applaud the ads. These stories about Kerry have been available on the internet for many months, but you rarely heard a peep about them. I normally wouldn't approve of attacking a service record, but when Kerry got out early the way he did and came back to protest and call his fellow soldiers war criminals and baby killers I think he opens himself up to fair criticism. His VVAW days need to be discussed as well.

Rove has been quoted as saying 'They won't know who he fought for after we're done with him' - which leads me to believe maybe those Kerry files stolen from Gerald Nicosia's house are in the Republican's hands.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stood down in 1971. If the veteran/military community would have picked up the fight O’Neil started with the 1971 Cavett debate we wouldn’t be here today fighting this fight. Kerry is right were he belongs in the court of public opinion. Our honor will be restored and history corrected. Kerry will be convicted at the polls buried in the landside of a Bush victory.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your mouth to God's ear Laughing
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Sorry you are the problem. Reply with quote

Your "little boy blue" approch is what got us here in the first place.

Had all of america gotten tough with this , Jane Fonda supporter

Kerry when he first put his head up , he would not be here now.

Playing the nice guy game, the in the middle game, the go along, come

along game.

That is how Jerry Michael Shriver got left behind, that is how the

men of recon team Kansas got left out of the history books.

That is why Bush and the Republicans just about lost the country to

the phyco "Gore" last election and that is why the borders are open

this day to any phyco nut case who wants to blow up my daughter

, doing "footsey" and being bland is what has made it 50% 50%

there is no choice, so many see that and do not get involved.

other than that have a nice day
Acksiom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't file his SF 180.

I voted Bush/Cheney.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
We stood down in 1971. If the veteran/military community would have picked up the fight O’Neil started with the 1971 Cavett debate we wouldn’t be here today fighting this fight. Kerry is right were he belongs in the court of public opinion. Our honor will be restored and history corrected. Kerry will be convicted at the polls buried in the landside of a Bush victory.

I still have a hard time believing that Bush didn't win by double digits. However on 8/11 when I wrote this I never dreamed the MSM would go to such lengths to provide cover for Kerry.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: