SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention Moderators, Moderators.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Attention Moderators, Moderators..... Reply with quote

This forum is serving to investigate and improve the efforts of this crusade of helping the Swiftvets get the truth out. My question is this....

Are you the moderators making conclusions from the contributors (US) and then passing it on as useful information to the Swiftvets so that they may regroup and improve their efforts? Or are we just discussing this for entertainment purposes?

Do you have direct contact with the Swiftvets and are they listening to what we are saying?

I and most of the forum discussion participants take this very serious, and are not participating just to let off steam. We expect to support this effort by financially supporting them and other means. We also expect they are paying attention and adjusting accordingly.

MODERATORS, your response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Jody in Texas
CuriousGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am obviously not a mod but a couple of the other threads, I have seen them answer.

So some of them are looking......
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we see something that might be useful, we definitely will send it up the chain through me#1you#10. But, he catches most things on his own that the Swifts need to see.

And one of the main reasons for creating the Thanks forum was so that if s Swift did wander in here (which I doubt they have a whole lot of time to do right now) then there'll be lots of encouragement all in the same place.
VictorRussell'92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody, I think you have a good question but I also think the Swiftvets are probably pretty busy right now. They have a lot to take care of with all the crazyness coming from the left. The ones who are activly participating in getting the good word out probably don't have the time to listen to what were are talking about in the forum. Each one of these men also have families and jobs to look after also. I just think that might be something to think about with what this organization is going through right now. Smile
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I bet they are putting out fires every which way and trying to start some in other places.

We can put forth whatever information or ideas we have, we can discuss the situation and they can take advantage of that as they can or want to.

They are putting together a resource board where we can go for information/facts etc. which will be a big help if we need information. Answers to your questions will likely be found there.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Get passionate Reply with quote

Please dont misunderstand me. There are some wise people in this forum, and I hoped that the moderators are not only keeping the garbage out, but polishing the pearls they sometimes find and passing them on to the front lines. We need to ask ourselves the following question: What is our purpose for this discussion? If our ideas are to not at all be sifted through and passed on to the front lines, then we need to change our focus. We can continue to critique and have it be of no value, which pretty much makes us armchair quarterbacks. OR WE CAN CHANGE GEARS AND BEGIN A PROMPT AND IMMEDIATE DISCUSSION OF HOW TO RAISE MONEY.

Rhetorical Questions:

What is each of us as individuals doing to raise money? Has each and everyone on this forum who posts so passionately given from their own pockets? Are we knocking on doors? Are we passing out fliers? Are we having bake sales? Are we having garage sales?<----asking people to donate for a garage sale for veterans rights.

According to the responses to my post, I feel that we as participants in this forum need to spend less time on the computer and more time with our boots laced up and our hands out. If the media gets word that a real grass roots effort is in progress, it will be like adding nitrous oxide to an already high performance Corvette.

Imagine how much more effective our efforts and discussions will be if they move away from useless critiques to " the best way to raise money and our own exciting individual examples of raising money that day"

Can you imagine the excitement as we all take part individually in getting our communities excited about giving for such a cause as this.

As I am writing these very words, I feel a beautiful truth being revealed to me. We are going to get more done by going to our fellow citizens than constantly emailing the talking heads.

You know how easy it is to hit the "DELETE" button. I do it. You do it. We all do it. There is no guilt in it. Delete, Delete, Delete.......No pain.....more delete.....and most are deleted by the subject title alone. These emails make us feel good, like we have done something. But have we really.

Lets check ourselves and see what we are really made of. Some or alot of us in this room have previously or are now serving our country. We were willing to die for it before. Arent we willing to go walking door to door and share the truth, do carwashes and provoke the american culture, our neighbors to help save the future of this country. If we are not willing, then we are just as hollow as Kerry himself. If we dont then we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

I think that we have a tendancy to believe that we can just pass around a bunch of emails and somehow the money is just going to appear.

Get excited, be passionate.

I'm 33 years old and in my first year of junior college ever. I just yesterday did a final exam speech for my class. Yes it was a summer speech class. I used it to promote swiftvets.com and to educate the class on Kerry and his lies. I left them with paperwork on the Swiftees and how to reach me. By the way, I got some positive feedback from the crowd - some hoorahs from the crowd when I mentioned our Presidents name. I also got an A.

Thank You God for giving me the Swiftee topic. Yes I give the ultimate glory to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Next, to the swiftees.

God bless you all, and God bless America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: